Author Topic: Surgery with Levick 11/12/14 - Before/After op pics  (Read 10531 times)

Offline j86ui

• Posting Member
6 Weeks 4 Days

Just emailed Levick so again thought I would update this.

About 70% back to my normal gym routine, still not doing chest/shoulders or treadmill running.

Massaging around 5 minutes a day each nipple/breast.

The right breast still has a distinct ridge to it and is not matching the left, still dunno why this is, still concerned it will always be different to the left.
My armpit area above where that binder used to sit is still really swollen, I seem to be staying swollen for longer than other posters?

Can anyone offer me any advice on the right being bigger than the left, is it swelling still, should this sort itself out with more time, the only thing that is concerning me is the ridge is rock hard, doesn't feel like swelling.

ha032742

Definitely seems to be scar tissue from your description which can take a long time to settle...try not to think too much about it, which can be easier said than done I know!

Offline Big ste

• Bronze Member
I think ya just need more time mate its only 6 weeks don't foget it takes at least 6 months for the final results just keep massaging get that scar tissue broke up

Offline maurice212303

• Bronze Member
Hi

See what Dr Levick says - he told me that Scar tissue doesn't really develop until about the 3 month mark - so oI put it down to swelling.   I still have the under arm swelling but guessing/hoping it will go down anyway. I read that scar tissue can always be worked out but after 5 weeks since my op I still have a bit too much tenderness to massage fully!

Offline hopetochange

• Bronze Member
Hey,

Did you hear back from Mr Levick? Just interested in what he said. Although I'm pretty impressed with the results I have pretty much exactly the same post op symptoms.

I'm only 3.5 weeks gone but have a hard ridge under the right nipple and still bulge a lot by my arm pits/lymph nodes, also still have swelling/lumpiness at the top of the vest. Does look a bit uneven. I'm positive giving it more time & massage will sort it but just wondered what Mr Levick said.

Offline j86ui

• Posting Member
He just reiterated that its going to take time to fully heal and that its the lymphatic glands that are still aggravated, I have tried to ignore it the last couple of weeks, I've stopped wearing the vest I bought and am only wearing one of my own compression vests half the day now to try and encourage the swelling up top to subside, which I think it is but very slowly.

I will post another pic next Thursday which will be 9 weeks post off so we shall see if there's any noticeable improvement then. I think I may have worn the binder too long to be honest and caused all that upper swelling which is now taking time to disperse and perhaps leaking down. I notice that once I have had no vest compression now there are small creases on the nipple which feel like the lymph nodes draining. Just gonna continue being patient with it.

Offline hopetochange

• Bronze Member
He just reiterated that its going to take time to fully heal and that its the lymphatic glands that are still aggravated, I have tried to ignore it the last couple of weeks, I've stopped wearing the vest I bought and am only wearing one of my own compression vests half the day now to try and encourage the swelling up top to subside, which I think it is but very slowly.

I will post another pic next Thursday which will be 9 weeks post off so we shall see if there's any noticeable improvement then. I think I may have worn the binder too long to be honest and caused all that upper swelling which is now taking time to disperse and perhaps leaking down. I notice that once I have had no vest compression now there are small creases on the nipple which feel like the lymph nodes draining. Just gonna continue being patient with it.

Yeah, patience, give it at least a few months. But rest assured Levick will help if you're still not happy after giving it time. I just keep thinking whatever happens it's better than what I had before  ;)

Offline Stan19

• Bronze Member
Your chest looks great fantastic result just be patient with the healing process. Don't over do the exercise                                                      Stan

Offline AchillesUK

• Silver Member
It's not scar tissue, that forms after the 3 month mark.

Ultimately it's two different operations one for your right side, the other for your left. Certainly my right side is more problematic and 'lumpy' than my left side, even the incision mark is different, this was the case from very early on and is still the case even now after 7 months.

As others have mentioned a lot of recovery is a waiting game unfortunately. Personally if you feel comfortable, I wouldnt hold back with the training.

Offline Donut

• Gold Member
Just to reiterate Achilles post really: a lot of guys forget we have 2 totally separate surgeries, just happen to be on the same day! Each side can have quite a different amount of gland/fat it (and usually does), the underlying muscle can be quite different depending on your dominant side and what you do for a living, and each side will heal differently.

A few months is nothing. Sorry! - but we all obsess daily, and  when you're a year post-op like me then you'll be telling the new guys exactly the same. The key is compression and patience - just like Mr Levick tells all of us.

It is only recently I look in the mirror and my nips look the same. My left side was 'troublesome' from day 1 - fluid build up on that side only (which was drained a few times), nipple creasing, denting, the whole shebang! - but now one year plus, things finally evening out... But there's still some scar tissue - see my latest post in my own thread.

Keep compressed, keep the faith!

Offline j86ui

• Posting Member
At what point do we stop compressing though that's the bit I'm struggling with, am I compressing too much or not enough. I feel like after 2 months I should no longer be wearing compression vests?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 04:44:59 PM by j86ui »

Offline Donut

• Gold Member
I kept it up for 3 months... If you read back in my thread I tried stopping earlier, but swelling quickly set in so put vest back on. Longer the better - simples!

Offline j86ui

• Posting Member
2 Month Update

Hit the 2 month mark on Thursday (3 days ago) here are some pics, only thing I have noticed is that the bulges near the armpit above the nipple are probably the biggest they have been so far on the right hand side, the pics don't do it justice, I think I am still swollen up there.

Can anyone notice an improvement on the right nipple from last time?

Offline j86ui

• Posting Member
Other pic, front on you can notice the difference more between the left and right

Offline hopetochange

• Bronze Member
I think it's looking better. Just got to remember to give it time to fully heal and settle. The one side does look slightly more swollen, even so I think the results look great.

I'm still really bulging by my incisions/arms too, doesn't seem to want to settle down! Also got some hard lumps and bumps, particularly around the bottom/top of my chest. I can only assume it's swelling from the lipo and it will settle given a few months. I haven't really been massaging that much, a bit worried I should be doing more.

Are you still using compression?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024