Author Topic: Surgery booked - Couple of questions....  (Read 1352 times)

Offline Johnnyessex

• Posting Member
Hello All, I'm just 9 days away from Surgery (Lipo & Gland removal) Can anyone help me out on these 2 questions;
1. Looking at my pre op pics below, do you think I'm going to have an issue with loose/baggy skin?
and
2. Surgery is at 2:30pm on the Wednesday, im staying in hospital over night and should be discharged on Thursday, will I be ok driving home myself on Thursday? (2 hour drive & automatic)
Any info would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Offline Life's too short

• Bronze Member
One of the things I was most pleasantly surprised about after my surgery was the lack of excess skin. I used to be a lot heavier years ago and I had two big bags hanging off my chest. I lost the weight and I still had a fair old pair... after surgery the skin snapped right back. Don't get me wrong the skin is very elastic now - if I pull it it will stretch out a lot, like an elastic band, but it isn't loose hanging off my chest.
I guess it depends on several factors, genetics, how much water you drink etc. Make sure you massage the skin with oil and drink lots of water.

Photo: Me three and a half years ago

Offline Life's too short

• Bronze Member

Offline Life's too short

• Bronze Member

Offline Johnnyessex

• Posting Member
Thanks for your reply bud. Did that crease in your chest ever go away or is it permanent?

Offline Life's too short

• Bronze Member
Thanks for your reply bud. Did that crease in your chest ever go away or is it permanent?

No, 5 months post op and it;s still creased. Not sure if I still gotta wait it out or what. I'm seeing the surgeon in a couple of weeks so will address it then. 

Offline Johnnyessex

• Posting Member
I’m sure the crease will go, I hear it can take a long while. Who was your surgeon?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024