Author Topic: What style bra  (Read 4023 times)

Offline Johndoe1

There is a learning curve to all this. There's so many styles because no two bodies are alike. And it might take a while to sort it all out. The best way to do it is to wear everyday day until your body becomes accustomed to the bra. Remember you have skipped the training bra and gone straight to the big girls bras. So the trial and error girls go through with training bras, you are doing with the real thing doing its job of supporting your breasts. Practice makes perfect. We are here to help any way we can. 
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline Getting boobs

• Posting Member
thank you for all the hep. Yes there is a learning curve with it and finding out what you like and don't like. But everyone here has been very helpful, it is nice to have a place that you can come to and ask questions that not a lot of others can answer.

bikerbob

Welcome to Guys With Boobs.  You are not alone and you are fortunate that your wife understands and is willing to help.  My wife bought me my first sports bra and doesn't give me a hassle about me wearing one because she grew up with large breasts and knows what it is like to need support and not have it.
With my 40A/Bs, I don't need a lot of support so I usually wear pullover type leisure bras.  The cups are one size fits all and they are sized by band size.  They don't have hooks or other hardware and lie flat under your clothes.  If you are much bigger than a B cup, these may not work for every day wear, but they are a good way to ease into wearing a bra every day without stressing over whether anybody will notice it.  That first trip to Home Depot wearing a bra is terrifying but eventually you realize that nobody is looking at you.  I just spent 3 days wearing a Rhonda Shear Ahh bra at a music festival with 5000 other people and didn't give a second thought to anybody noticing my bra.  However, I did catch a 12 year old girl staring at my chest.  You can hide the bra but eventually you will not be able to hide the boobs.  Learn to love them, they probably aren't going to go away.

Offline Emcginty

• Posting Member
Professional fitting.  That's the only way to go.

I prefer the WACOAL underwire sports bra.  It is a minimizer and shapes me to look like I have pecs still.  On my sensitive nipple days I go for a semi padded Victoria Secret Tshirt Demi Bra.  It does make the chest protrude abit more but I am able to layer enough that it isnt really noticeable to 99% of people.

Offline Johndoe1

I like Wacoal underwire bras too. They are comfortable and give good support and while they do give me a little bit of a boost, it isn't a fake look and so I retain a more natural look, even though the girls are somewhat emphasized and have a somewhat feminine shape and appearance. But like you, a small amount of layering underneath and a top that isn't form fitting, and I get by with no problems. I also like Natori tee shirt bras. Very comfortable and supportive also, not bulky and if the tee shirt isn't too form fitting, I don't need to wear a layering piece underneath while still getting the support I need. I also have a couple of Anita underwire bras. They are slightly more expensive, but they give a more natural appearance while still lifting and supporting and containing. I personally find that the more lift I get, the more comfortable I am. I also have a more boosted look like that, but with the correct layering piece and top, I can go unnoticed. I am to the point these days that comfort ranks more than appearance, even though appearance is important. Like I said in another post, at 38DD I am not hiding anything, but I can camouflage petty well and since I have started doing that, the looks have decreased and the second glances are almost nonexistent now. I have found that the more physically comfortable I am, the more confident I feel and and less fearful and that has been a tremendous boost in my self esteem, which was pretty low for many, many years.

Offline Goodnplenty

• Bronze Member
Yes!  I also have the Wacoal underwire sports bra and I love it.  It holds everything in place, provides protection from nipple chaffing/irritation and doesn't add any bulk since it is unlined. 

p.r.1974

I prefer unlined and underwire bras year round. I use silicone petals for modesty; though I am not too fond of the adhesive. One can always remove the residue. Welcome to the club! 

Offline Getting boobs

• Posting Member
If have found that so far an underwire works best for me. It does tend to lift and round out things. But for me feels much better. I have bought some laying tanks to wear over them and so far that with normal top. But I am not dealing with a lot of what some of you are. 

Offline TheDane

• Posting Member
1 up for the day you can be professionally fitted. Try this, ask the wife if you and her can make an appointment for a professional fitting. It will be less uncomfortable if you have your supportive Mrs there. 

I went into Victoria secret for my 1st fitting they put me in a 36C I should have been in a 38B but they didn't have underwire front zip sports bras. 

Then into Soma recently, thats a 30 mile drive for me and it was worth it.  The next place I went to was a Lane Bryant store and fellas can try on there as well and they also do fittings. OneHanesPlace is also a good location for us to go. Torrid from what I have heard is another.

Jcpenny and Kohls I have no idea about I dont think they care. 

Remember Bras are for breasts, I think that is quoting Hammer. 

I measured a 34DDD when I was 20 I was 6'2" 165lb. Today I am 39 & wear a 38B/C in between cup sizes a 40A is too small a 40B is 1/2 cup to big. I am 6'4" 220lbs this is post tumor and 6 months post surgery, and I produce as much Testosterone & estrogen as a female does.

Softcups aren't for me unless they are sports bras. Underwire demi and light lift, balconnette and plunge are my go to. I like ones with the J-hook for making into a racerback to hide under tanks. 

Soma, Chantelle, Champion, C9 -target, Jcpenny Ambreille, vanity fair.  These do wear out. Most women keep them for 20 years at which point they are falling apart. Cheaper bras wear out faster. 

Have you figured out size fits you best?

Offline Getting boobs

• Posting Member
I do plan to for a fitting soon. That is my plan to see if we can go together. But is she is not comfy with that I will go alone. Soma is a brand that keeps coming up as one I need to look into. I will have to find out the closest one to me. I would like to drop a few of these extra pounds that I have put on, before I go to get fitted. I have found that a 40b seems to be the best fit so far. I have also found that I like an underwire the best. It seems to gather up the extra I have along the sides of my arms into the cups. It has taken a little bit to get used to the look it has given me, but it’s very comfortable. 

Offline Johndoe1

Underwires do give a more lifted and rounded feminine shape pulling the tissue along the sides more into the cups giving a boost and enhances the breasts, a look women like, because it enhances the look of the breasts, but not something men may like. But it is still more comfortable and gives better support than a soft cup bra because it takes more fabric and coverage to give as much support as an underwire bra, which to me, adds bulk and in the summer time, makes the bra hotter to wear because of the weight of the fabric and the amount of skin covered. But with the right style, even an underwire can be hidden or camouflaged successfully. You see women doing it all the time with their choices of bra styles and tops. That was a nice surprise to discover when I started wearing bras. I finally had control over what my breasts looked like. I could amp them up like women do or I could tone them down and give them a more pec type look while still getting the support and containment I was needing. Once I learned what styles did what, I gained an unexpected confidence in my appearance and the fear and paranoia of be a male wearing such a "feminine" article of clothing went away and the bra became just another piece of clothing. When that happened, it was truly a freeing moment. Comfort became the driving force and appearance, took a back seat, so to speak. That's not to say that I don't pay attention to looks, because I do, but if I have a little more projection or shape showing at times, I don't freak out about it. No one seems to notice anyway and if they do, they don't make it obvious. Before I started wearing a bra, I was noticed, frequently. I also wasn't aware of my appearance either. But since I started wearing and became aware that I can control my look, I get by with much less looks than before even though my breasts now have a much more feminine appearance in an underwire bra. I must admit, that it has taken time to become more comfortable with this feminine look of the breasts in a bra, but now, I have come to like it. It sure looks better than the unsupported, uncomfortable, floppy mess I had before.

Offline SideSet

Thedane and Johndoe  said it perfectly. 

You have already passed the point of no return. Soon the question will not be will you put on your bra, but which bra you choose to put on given what you will be doing, wearing and your mood. 

Offline jan1north

• Posting Member
I do plan to for a fitting soon. That is my plan to see if we can go together. But is she is not comfy with that I will go alone. Soma is a brand that keeps coming up as one I need to look into. I will have to find out the closest one to me. I would like to drop a few of these extra pounds that I have put on, before I go to get fitted. I have found that a 40b seems to be the best fit so far. I have also found that I like an underwire the best. It seems to gather up the extra I have along the sides of my arms into the cups. It has taken a little bit to get used to the look it has given me, but it’s very comfortable.
I've had nothing but welcoming experiences at a couple of Soma's in the area.  They have several wireless 40B styles that are quite comfortable!

Offline blad

Wearing a bra does let us take control of our appearance and presentation.
If the bra fits, wear it.

aboywithgirls

Wearing a bra does let us take control of our appearance and presentation.
Absolutely!  I have as many if not more bras than most women. I while most of them are underwire,  have have a few soft cup bras as well. Underwire bras provide me with a better shape and support than soft cup..I also have a few bralettes and leisure bras that I wear around the house and to bed..I even have different style sports bras , depending on my activity. 

The bulk of my bra wardrobe consists mainly of underwire bras. I wear mostly lace cups in the warmer months and molded cup when the cooler weather comes. Even in these two styles break down even further. I have balconette,  full coverage,  plunge and racerback bras in all different colors depending on what I'm wearing for a top.

Its best to find a generic style that works for you and get get one in black and one in nude. Like most of us, you'll probably prefer a bra that gives you a nice rounded shape as opposed to a  projected , pointed look.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024