Author Topic: Thoughts on first day of wearing a bra  (Read 6486 times)

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
True! I’m at the point that if you’ve got them take care of them. I’m waiting for someone to ask why I don’t just have surgery? I’ll answer that I’m not having a double mastectomy just so I fit society “norms”. I’m not about to spend $10,000 or more on cosmetic surgery.

Offline Beeches

• Silver Member
When I first started following this forum (though not posting back then) my breast development had just started happening, and I was reading the Surgery postings almost exclusively. I did look at the Acceptance threads occasionally too, but remember thinking it was profoundly weird that guys could come to terms with having breasts and not want to get them removed as quickly as possible.

A couple of years later, having thought a great deal about what I wanted to do, I have completely changed my perception and intentions. Now, I only really read the Acceptance postings and think it is weird that guys would want to have parts of their bodies surgically removed just so they conform to some preconception of how they think they should look.

For me, everything changed when I decided to wear a bra regularly. I don’t say that I never get unnerved when I go out in public, but every time I do and nobody even glances at me I gain confidence. Plus, I just feel so much better supported. It just feels right now.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
I agree. I went far too long ignoring my chest. Now that I have proper support I definitely don’t want to give it up. Sometimes I just can’t wait to get one on. My breasts actually feel out of control without a bra.

Offline MarcoB

• Silver Member
I've been wearing one every day for about 14 months now.  Yesterday I walked/ran about a mile to the bank to deposit a check at the ATM outside.  It was pretty hot, and I had already found out that sweat marks on the back of my shirt give away my bra, and this time I knew I would sweat a lot.  And I definitely did.  My shirt was quite wet, and definitely showed it, not just in the arm pits but back and chest too.  There are parts of this little trip where I always run; but this was the first time in a long time doing it braless, and the breast tugging and movement was quite unpleasant when running.

Offline Beeches

• Silver Member
I did something very similar a week or two back when the weather was really hot here. Although I have only been wearing a bra full time for a short while, I was shocked at just how much movement there was and how uncomfortable I was, even some hours later. My walk was about 3 miles, and I managed to get quite a lot of nipple abrasion in leaps than an hour of activity.

It made me realise just how much support and comfort a bra provides. I won’t make the same mistake again, and would probably use a stealthier sports bra next time.

Offline JohannK

• Silver Member
True! I’m at the point that if you’ve got them take care of them. I’m waiting for someone to ask why I don’t just have surgery? I’ll answer that I’m not having a double mastectomy just so I fit society “norms”. I’m not about to spend $10,000 or more on cosmetic surgery.
Well said.

Online taxmapper

What surprises me greatly is the amount of discomfort one feels even when the breasts are fairly small!  
going up or down stairs, mountain sides or even walking the woofers can bring about ALOT of discomfort and nipple chafing.

I am still not yet to the point of bra buying solo in public, but hard reality is that the sports bras are good for the activity (what they are designed for) but not so much for long daily wear.  

Today I went braless and am paying a price of under boob tugging and pulling. Even though I am still in a "b" range. (But I think I am now moving into a c cup.)  

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
Today I went braless and am paying a price of under boob tugging and pulling. Even though I am still in a "b" range. (But I think I am now moving into a c cup.) 
Im now wearing a bra 16 hours a day. I’m just to big now to go without! Two years ago when I was about a C cup (not wearing a bra then) it was painful to the point I had to sit down with my wife and tell her that something need to change. I knew I needed something but I wasn’t ready for a bra. Took two years and me filling up a D cup before I got to the point of acceptance and wearing a bra daily instead of a compression tee, my wife too, she’s had some adjusting to do. While she doesn’t think it’s manly she’s also the one to order me my first bras. I feel and look so much better in a good bra.

aboywithgirls

Traveler, To be fair, I don't think that there is anything manly about a bra. Then again,  there's nothing manly about having feminine breasts, aerioles and nipples. There is nothing wrong with that either. 

Im not sure if you have ever been to a boutique to be fitted. I  buy most of my bras when I am fitted for them at the boutique. The fitter will bring several different types and colors and styles for you to try on. I have had several fitters bring in lacey bras for me to try on and if its a fitter that I haven't had before, she always seems to ask the same question " are any of these to girly for you?" I always reply, it's a bra, its supposed to be girly! Its usually a good ice breaker if she seems nervous. 

If you look and feel better, then you really should be wearing a bra. None of us here ever asked for large, feminine breasts but, we have them and accepted them as part of us. Wearing a bra is a huge part of that acceptance. A bra helps us get through the day just as a woman does. It provides comfort, support, shaping and even modesty. 

I  had a sort of forced acceptance when I was much younger but I feel that it gave me a head start to what life had in store for me.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
You’re right ABWGs, the fact I’m manly everywhere else, present male, look male, but have feminine breasts has made acceptance a little harder. Harder to accept my feminine placement on the scale. I totally get the wanting the twins to look good but at the same time being modest in presentation.
With Covid I haven’t been able to get a real fitting yet. Where I’m at right now they can give recommendations but can’t try them on in the store. Plus, with the die-t I’m on I’m probably going to have to change out my wardrobe. Funny, that while I’ve lost a total of 25 pounds so far I haven’t lost any in my hips yet. I have lost about 2 1/2 under and 1/2 on the bust. Still, I’m a guy and plan to stay that way.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024