Author Topic: Transgender But Not Transitioning  (Read 5436 times)

Offline gotgyne

The headline fits me 100 per cent. I can't go the surgical route for medical reasons.
A bra is just an article of clothing for people with breasts.

Offline Justagirl💃

• When life gives you curves, Flaunt them! 🤗
The headline fits me 100 per cent. I can't go the surgical route for medical reasons.
I can't go the transitioning surgical route for my beliefs. 🙄
« Last Edit: August 06, 2023, 08:57:22 PM by Justagirl »
When life gives you curves,
flaunt them! 💃
💋Birdie💋

Offline Justagirl💃

Where are you on the map?

It's an intriguing question, and one we should ask ourselves often. We can't fully achieve acceptance unless we actually know what that acceptance is. 😉

Digging through my closet this morning I found my old "chest binders". I don't know why I kept them. They were from when I used to "hide" my assets.

Quite the difference between then and now:

« Last Edit: August 12, 2023, 06:20:31 AM by Justagirl »

Online WPW717

• Gold Member
Took your advice Birdie and ordered the Torrid 360

We’ll see if I guessed the correct size

Should be here by Wednesday
Regards, Bob

Offline Justagirl💃

Took your advice Birdie and ordered the Torrid 360

We’ll see if I guessed the correct size

Should be here by Wednesday
You will be impressed!

They do measure you for free if you go into a Torrid store. 

The girls are always really helpful. They already know me by name. 💞

Online WPW717

• Gold Member
Been there once
They are helpful
It’s a long way away thru mountains for just one event

p.r.1974

Distance to the closest Torrid locations for me is about an hour to either. That said, getting fitted is worth it. Torrid does tend to be generous in the cup with some lines. If it is a line I have experience with, I will adjust accordingly.

Offline Justagirl💃

Distance to the closest Torrid locations for me is about an hour to either. That said, getting fitted is worth it. Torrid does tend to be generous in the cup with some lines. If it is a line I have experience with, I will adjust accordingly.
Yeah, the 360 line has generous cups. The push-up bras I own I could have went DDD (still Torrid). 
The push-ups are still my favorite under tank tops. 
I'm going to order a plunge bra next. 🤔

Offline 42CSurprise!

Quite the difference between then and now:
Your collection of brassieres is inspiring Birdie.  I'm glad you're enjoying exploring gender fluidity.  Those who've been following your story through the posts you contribute understand you've honestly found a true home for yourself.  I have less complicated plumbing even if my mind remands quite confusing, so my forays into gender bending are necessarily different.  But that is really what acceptance is all about.  We each must find our own way through this confusing territory with or without a brassiere... with or without public display of how voluptuous are bodies may be.  It is all good and we can talk about it here with men who understand... as well as a few who don't... :o  Thanks for your contribution.

Offline Justagirl💃

Quite the difference between then and now:
Your collection of brassieres is inspiring Birdie.  I'm glad you're enjoying exploring gender fluidity.  Those who've been following your story through the posts you contribute understand you've honestly found a true home for yourself.  
I was just thinking about it this morning as I sat and decided on an outfit and did my hair. My morning routine has changed drastically. 

Matching my bra to the blouse I intend to wear, and learning to style my hair the "messy look" to make it look sexy. Times have changed. 

My mornings are quite busy getting ready, but I'm quite comfortable with it. 😉

Offline Evolver

• Gold Member
Transgender but not transitioning.

I have just finished reading the following work, and it really struck a chord. I consider myself to be somewhere on the transgender spectrum - there is too much evidence both from what I have read and what I experience in my own life to suggest otherwise - but I am not transitioning. 

The Gender Dysphoria Bible

Some of you may have come across it before. I'm not sure about the qualifications of the author/s, but there's a lot of stuff in there with links to support what is written. Chapter 14 was the kicker for me, slaying the Autogynephilia dragon, and also presenting this paragraph: Here’s the thing, though: even if you are trans, you don’t actually have to do anything about it. While I highly recommend transitioning, it’s definitely possible to self-accept and then just… do nothing. Keep your name, your pronouns, your life as it is. Or you can just change a few things, and enjoy those little pings of gender euphoria where you can. 

Despite some unrelated setbacks in my life, I have been in a very happy space over the past year or so. I try to describe it as a permanent inner glow, which resulted from self-acceptance. Obviously I'm talking about more than my moobs here. 😉

I only write this on a gynecomastia forum because the thread title made me!

Offline taxmapper

The term keeps striking me in a weird way. 

Trans is Latin for meaning to or going to the "other" side. 

That's very subjective to say the least.   in an article (see below) there are actors in the medical community trying to alter the 19th century definitions of hermaphroditism and break away from strictly gonadal signs to define a person and go with DSD  (disorders of sex development)

This is where I find myself.  

I have been posting about my weight loss and as of this morning at 202 lbs.   this has allowed for my waist cut to show again and though not entirely curved, there is a definite definition of shape that is becoming more distinctively female. 

With my breasts popping out, the shape is more clear.   

Secondary sexual characteristics including the absence of an Adams apple may not be entirely a smoking gun, but it clearly shows that something biological took place that places me outside the standard definition of male. 

IMO even the "DSD" label is misleading because the aspect of "dis order" indicates that there is something wrong in the process. 

I do not see it as wrong, but a gift given by God to make us unique. outside the norm. perhaps, but no "wrong". 

https://www.nature.com/articles/gim200711

Offline gotgyne

Trans is Latin for meaning to or going to the "other" side.

That's very subjective to say the least.  in an article (see below) there are actors in the medical community trying to alter the 19th century definitions of hermaphroditism and break away from strictly gonadal signs to define a person and go with DSD  (disorders of sex development).

I have been posting about my weight loss and as of this morning at 202 lbs.  this has allowed for my waist cut to show again and though not entirely curved, there is a definite definition of shape that is becoming more distinctively female.

Secondary sexual characteristics including the absence of an Adams apple may not be entirely a smoking gun, but it clearly shows that something biological took place that places me outside the standard definition of male.

IMO even the "DSD" label is misleading because the aspect of "dis order" indicates that there is something wrong in the process.

I do not see it as wrong, but a gift given by God to make us unique. outside the norm. perhaps, but no "wrong".

I find the term 'intersex' much more acceptable than 'disorders of sex development' (DSD) since 'disorders' sounds very negative and even insulting. This is not the case for the term 'intersex'. It's a neutral description.
Regarding the Adams apple: Most of the men I came to know since more than 60 years didn't have an Adams apple. I don't have one too.

Offline Justagirl💃

Trans is Latin for meaning to or going to the "other" side.

That's very subjective to say the least.  in an article (see below) there are actors in the medical community trying to alter the 19th century definitions of hermaphroditism and break away from strictly gonadal signs to define a person and go with DSD  (disorders of sex development).

I have been posting about my weight loss and as of this morning at 202 lbs.  this has allowed for my waist cut to show again and though not entirely curved, there is a definite definition of shape that is becoming more distinctively female.

I find the term 'intersex' much more acceptable than 'disorders of sex development' (DSD) since 'disorders' sounds very negative and even insulting. This is not the case for the term 'intersex'. It's a neutral description.
Regarding the Adams apple: Most of the men I came to know since more than 60 years didn't have an Adams apple. I don't have one too.
Agreed, DSD is very offensive!
The old term hermaphrodite is also very offensive. 

Intersex is vague enough that it's agreeable. 

Offline Evolver

• Gold Member
Agreed, DSD is very offensive!
The old term hermaphrodite is also very offensive.

Intersex is vague enough that it's agreeable.
I also agree with all that.

Over the years, language changes for the better, because it reflects better knowledge.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024