Author Topic: Others embarrassed when you are not  (Read 940 times)

Online Justagirl💃

• When life gives you curves, Flaunt them! 🤗
There will always be the bigots of every stripe n matter where you go.

If its down near UNM then youll be surprised to the way people hold themselves here.
DT Abq. and Santa Fe are strongly Pride inclusive and and even though I don't participate in the Pride stuff, you may be surprised to the approach taken.

As for the Christian nature, this is a true statement that its a form of bigotry that is truly un-Christian like.

There are other aspects involved, but you will probably not find it here.

And go to Old town for New Mexican Food. (La Placitas Restaurant)
don't go to Sadie's.

Little Anita's is ok, but Bruno's and Los Quartes are closer to original.

I'll check them out!

As for the Christian thing, I have a great friend I met right here on this site that is a Christian Chaplain. We converse all the time about bras, makeup, skirts, blouses and dresses. We even compare beliefs between our faiths (I'm Jewish). There is no calling out to "burn in hell", or "you are sinning!"

It seems there are great differences between denominations within the Christian faith, and some are very conservative and strict.

The very strict ones tend to be the bigots that cause strife.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2024, 03:42:34 PM by Justagirl💃 »
When life gives you curves,
flaunt them! 💃
💋Birdie💋

Offline gotgyne

... we were both told that conversations about "boobies" are not permitted since this is a Christian establishment.
I'd have answered: What do you recommend then? That all Christians, regardless of sex, should get a preventive bilateral mastectomy that nobody is tempted to talk about them?
A bra is just an article of clothing for people with breasts.

Online Justagirl💃

• When life gives you curves, Flaunt them! 🤗
... we were both told that conversations about "boobies" are not permitted since this is a Christian establishment.
I'd have answered: What do you recommend then? That all Christians, regardless of sex, should get a preventive bilateral mastectomy that nobody is tempted to talk about them?
Folks with strict 'Puritan beliefs ' just have a really hard time 'thinking outside of the box' I guess. 

Offline Moobzie

• Silver Member
From JAG: "The very strict ones tend to be the bigots that cause strife."
True regarding every belief system.  In sharia-ville you'd be at risk of assisted diving off a roof.  Yeah, they are bigots.

However, it's easy to label people who disagree with you as a "bigot" simply because they disagree.  Strict Orthodox Jews, devout Christians, devout Mormons, and devout Jehovah's Witnesses all maintain what is now called 'binary' opinions about sexuality.  Doesn't mean they're bigots.  Bigots kill those they disagree with.  And there are plenty of 'non-binary' people who are viciously bigoted, and who have - in fact - murdered innocent people (including children) because those victims were deemed to be in disagreement with the 'non-binary' perspective.  Those who don't know about gynecomastia, for example, simply don't know about it.  Doesn't make them bigots - in fact most contributors here were unaware of gyno at first.  We weren't bigots.  Were we?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024