Author Topic: Tried my first underwire bra  (Read 3461 times)

Offline Evolver

I am a 38a/b it is nearly impossible to find a 38a bra and 38b is meh normally not snug..
That bra looks nice on you, sofa. I'm glad that you have found something that suits you and that you enjoy wearing it.

I'm also a A-cupper but normally in a 40 band, so I know how hard it can be to find something suitable. I have one underwire bra which I adore. It is a 40B, unlined semi-lace bra, but despite swooping and scooping, it still has a little bit of room in the cups. But when I wear it, it feels great. Here 'tis: Hestia Women's Lace Underwire Bra - White | BIG W

When I first wore it, I immediately discovered how different to a wire-free bra they are. The band only stretches at the back, so they have less give. I thought that I could fill the cups due to swooping and scooping compared to a 40B wire-free bra, but no, the cups are larger to cater for breasts despite that. I have experimented with underwire t-shirt or balconette bras with padded cups as well, but I just don't like them. I did manage to find a 40A strapless t-shirt bra a few months ago but the cups were ridiculously large and it was more like a 40C!

Since then, I have reverted back to wire-free bras (also racer back crops). One of the first ones that I bought about 5 years ago was also a 40B, but it ended up so stretched that I just had to replace it. This particular brand/model bra has been updated since, and I took a chance a few weeks ago and bought it in a 38B, hoping that the cups would be a bit smaller and that the band would be stretchy enough to replace my old 40: Emerson Women's Lace Detail Wirefree Bra - White | BIG W

This latest purchase is totally awesome! The band is now much deeper than the old model, a proper 2" and made of powermesh, with three rows of hooks not two. As we know, the band does most of the work. The straps are narrower compared to my old bra but they have a more angular approach to the band, so slippage is non-existent. The frame around the cups still allows me to successfully swoop and scoop as well, and I end up just as projected as my 40B underwire. I honestly feel lovely wearing it and I love feeling myself in it. 😉

Moral of the story, there are some great wire-free bras out there, and the total stretch of then might enable going down a size for an equally as effective fit for those of us on the smaller end of the spectrum.

Sizes depicted in the links: 18B = 40B, 16B = 38B.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2024, 08:25:29 AM by Evolver »

Offline blad

One frustration I have is a limited selection of unlined bras these recent years. 

Particularly for travel, the unlined bras pack easier with less bulk and allow me to take a larger number to change out of. Further, when traveling and walking about, an unlined bra dries out faster from any sweat from activity on hot days. We often go to Europe each year for two months or more at a time and try to limit our luggage to one carry on each. Lined cups are just so much bulkier to pack and take forever to dry out and feel kind of gross when sweaty. At home it is not as much of a big deal but I still think the unlined cups are more convenient to wear. 
If the bra fits, wear it.

Offline Puna

• Posting Member
I myself only wears basic light padding wired t-shirt bras. For me, it's way more comfortable then a wireless. 

Offline sofa

• Bronze Member
I’m tempted to try this one it’s unlined won’t project as much. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0D5M3K7W7?ref=cm_sw_r_cso_cp_apin_dp_4DN2E1Y3567K533KZ5JQ&ref_=cm_sw_r_cso_cp_apin_dp_4DN2E1Y3567K533KZ5JQ&social_share=cm_sw_r_cso_cp_apin_dp_4DN2E1Y3567K533KZ5JQ&starsLeft=1

Offline 42CSurprise!

That is one hot brassiere and they have it in my size!  Shame on you for tempting all of us.  I only wear unlined underwire brassieres and my breasts are very happy with them.  You might want to give it a try yourself... a walk on the wild side.  

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024