Author Topic: Motorsport  (Read 1585 times)

Offline Evolver

I used to watch car racing more often in the past, and attended several races too, including our annual F1 event in Melbourne and other domestic comps. Although I've lost interest over the years, this weekend, our most famous event is being held, and I will be glued to the TV. The Bathurst 1000 is a 1000km (600 mile) race typically held in October each year. The track is simply wild. It is a public road for most of the year and features a 1-in-6 grade through 'the cutting' and a long, long back straight. I have driven it a few times in my road car but never attended a race meet there. 

Have a look at this and tell me it's not stirring!: TENmotorsport There's nothing like it This is Mount Panorama This is Bathurst (youtube.com) 

Did I tell you that the track is wild? 😉

Here's an example of how someone got it wrong in qualifying in 1983: Bathurst '83- male thingy Johnson's GREENS-TUF Falcon's Qualifying Crash.💪🇦🇺 (youtube.com)

He survived and had a stellar career, and eventually co-led a team with Roger Penske, and they had a driver who set the qualifying record lap in 2017: Scott McLaughlin completes first 2.03 at Mount Panorama, Bathurst (youtube.com)

How wild is the track? 😲

Closing laps from the most amazing race in 2014. Both cars started from the rear of the grid!: FINAL LAPS: Chaz Mostert and Paul Morris win the 2014 Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000 (youtube.com)

This track is wild!!! 😃

Pretty sure y'all can stream the race if you're interested.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024