Author Topic: I really dont get it!  (Read 4229 times)

Offline Mick17

• Posting Member
I m 18 and I think I have minor case of gyno. Went to a doctor year ago,they did ultra sound and told me that mine breasts are normal

When I go to shower, or touch my nipples to th epoint where my nipples get hard then whole breast goes flat.

It is so weird. I just have to go to shower or to squeeze them and my breast starts to look more muscular and smaller.  This is just strange how my breast can go from that  to  almost completely flat. I m normal build, not fat at all.

I dont have money for surgery and I m afraid to screw it more if I get scars etc.

this is bothering me, for one day I like my chest and think its muscular next day I wanna spit at the mirror. :'(

anyone experiencing this?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2006, 05:59:55 AM by Mick17 »

Offline tnel00son

• Silver Member
i have the same kind of situation, cuz i only have a slight case as well. im trying Rebound XT to see if that will clear it up. keep an eye on my daily update

Offline Sir_Puffs-a-lot

• Bronze Member
You have the EXACT situation I do bro. I'm not fat either, never have been, started getting the puffy nipples when I was 15; never really bothered me until like 18 and on, when it never went away. It's like the older you get past 18 with it, the more and more of a problem it becomes. Best thing to keep in mind is to not get crazy frustrated about it; that doesn't solve anything. It's obviously bothering you like it bothered me to the point of doing something about it. I don't have real "breasts" either, but it still makes you feel like less of a man, something you wouldn't understand unless you have it.  If you can't stop thinking about it, you should plan right now, and I mean TODAY, to either start saving for surgery or be willing to try other methods to resolve the issue. Take care, -J.

Offline NewLifeStartsMay4th

• Bronze Member
    • pre-post pics
yeah believe me dont let it take hold of your life because it can. i let for about six months but after i started saving for surgery i started feeling like i had a plan and that this wasnt something i just have to live with. plus it will take you at least a year to research a surgeon and get an appointment. what doesnt kill you makes you stronger.
Surgery may 4th Dr. Metzner New Orleans
http://deuce-po.magix.net/

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The nipple and areola of any man will react to changes in temperature as well as being stimulated in other ways.

This is true whether or not the man has Gynecomastia.

There is something that I do not get either. It is: Why are so many perfectly normal males so preoccupied with their breasts?

Male breast reduction surgery has been around barely 20 years; yet it is one of the most commonly performed procedures.  Why?
Grandpa Dan

Offline ruinedlifenew

• Posting Member
  • one day this username will change...

There is something that I do not get either. It is: Why are so many perfectly normal males so preoccupied with their breasts?

Male breast reduction surgery has been around barely 20 years; yet it is one of the most commonly performed procedures.  Why?

Paa_Paw: the answer to your question is simple: a large chunk of men with gynecomastia are traumatized by it.

I know the surgery wasn't available in your day and you survived.. but that doesn't take anything away from those who choose to remove this heavy burden from their lives.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 10:02:38 PM by ruinedlifenew »

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I remember very well how much of a burden it can be. Once I dated a girl who had smaller breasts than I did. That was a bit weird, but it did not bother our relationship.

I must admit that if the surgery had been available when I was in my 20's I probably would have had the surgery. I would point out though that I could fill a B cup bra at that time. What I find disturbing is the number of young men who are checked by a doctor and been reassurred that their breasts are normal yet they are still almost obsessed by them. Many of these boys need a Psychologist, not a Surgeon. I have no problem with a person having surgery if their breasts are uncommonly large.

Offline Worrier

• Gold Member
The nipple and areola of any man will react to changes in temperature as well as being stimulated in other ways.

This is true whether or not the man has Gynecomastia.

The reason I think men are more preoccupied with their chests is mainly due to the media. Like many girls think they need to be a size 10 or have great boobs , in reality most average women are not size 10 and have great boobs.

Now men are feeling more underpressure to 'conform' as well.It is hard to find many male actors who don't have great bodies now , especially in films. Basically all men should have a washboard abs , flat muscular chest etc etc. I see the term 'man boobs' being used much more . Ten years ago never heard it on telly.
        Obviously it is a money sink for ps's... more and more men are going under the knife, the most popular procedures in the UK according to what I read in the paper was nose jobs and lipo on  the tummy.
         Since I developed gyno I have been looking at other mens chests where I live and to be honest after the age of say mid twenties I hardly see a 'flat chest'. Most men I see are grossly out of shape, maybe it's where I live ;D.         I

I enjoy busting my arse down the gym always have and it has a purpose due to my new job but I see some guys who you can see don't enjoy what they are doing and just are doing it to achieve that optimum look. What they don't get is to achieve a true 'six pack' and look like arnie is hugely difficult and many will never achieve it. It's great to be fit and keep in shape and gives you a huge sense of achievement but I don't feel people should be pressured into it by  the media or anything else.

Rant over ;D

Offline Boobies_Redux

• Posting Member
Being concerned about having gynecomastia is very legitimate, which a psychologist is very ill-equipped to rectify.  Psychologists will tend to downplay any effect as "irrational."  Its the psychologists that are irrational.

Young men are traumatized because very likely they suffered some sort of ostracism or denial from important family members or friends, or faced bullying of some kind, not the media.  Muscle men are the biggest idiots and should be completely ignored when it comes to health issues.

Take a step by step approach.  Not all metabolisms are the same, so working out may not achieve the goal.   A blood test may indicate elevated levels of hormone secretion.  This would be an inexpensive way of determining the course of action.

The biggest step is to stop feeling at fault.

Offline Mick17

• Posting Member

Life just sucks, I hate myself and this feature makes me hate myself even more. I never did weed, never drank, never smoked when I was a minor and I got this as a present for taking care of my body.

I have experiencing all kind of a shit in my life like bullying, acne, low self esteem, just for a moment I got my shit together and then I notice this. :(

Maybe If I lose lot of weight, they get smaller if they are really fat...

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Mick17,

I certainly do not wish to be unsympathetic, but it seems that your main issue is not Gynecomastia but low self image.

Specifically, you mentioned that you were bullied and that you had acne and then later noticed what you thought might be Gynecomastia.

You need to make friends with yourself. At this time, it would seem you are your own worst enemy. Quit finding fault with yourself.

Offline Allan7865

• Gold Member
Hey! I like the history channel  ;D

Anyways Disk is right, the media has such a set way that men should look its hard to be anything else.

Offline Worrier

• Gold Member
Paa_Paw,

I certainly do not wish to be unsympathetic, but it seems that your main issue is thinking that we still live in the 60's?

those 17 years old chicks you met when you were young didnt act the same way the chicks FROM THE FUTURE(today) act now?

sounds like a conspiracy between you and blatino and other members of this message board.

GET IT

WE DO NOT FEEL OK WITH BOOBS OR PUFFY NIPS

We dont care about the past and how men with breast used to deal with this condition, we the 80's and 90's dudes are worried about how we look NOW.
Turn your TV on, switch from history channel to MTV, im not saying i like MTV but look in our lifestyles(im not sayin' am a rappa) etc..

I mean c'mon !!! your ideas sounds like "canadians with gynecomastia shouldnt worry, they never take their shirt off"

::) ::)

umm no try reading what paw paw is saying..... He is talking about the    guys who haven't got gyno , have been told this by a doctor  and are very concerned about their chests.He says if surgery had been available at the time for him he most probably would have done it. That is because he had bcups.

It is quite normal if you are an average male in your twenties  not to have a completely flat chest, men deposit fat and muscle in  that area . Gynocomastia is having female like breasts on a male , that is entirely different and is abnormal.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Thank you worrier, It is refreshing to know that there are still people who can read and understand.

Incidently, my breasts have shrunk somewhat over the years but they persist even though less prominent.

And yes, I probably would have had surgery if it had been available when I was in my twenties.  At this time in my life, However, I have different priorities.

My concern is for the young men who have a somewhat distorted view of themselves and those who have unreasonable expectations as to the outcome of surgery.

What goes on between a man's ears is much more important than what is on his chest.

Offline dav242

• Bronze Member
Thank you worrier, It is refreshing to know that there are still people who can read and understand.

Incidently, my breasts have shrunk somewhat over the years but they persist even though less prominent.

And yes, I probably would have had surgery if it had been available when I was in my twenties.  At this time in my life, However, I have different priorities.

My concern is for the young men who have a somewhat distorted view of themselves and those who have unreasonable expectations as to the outcome of surgery.

What goes on between a man's ears is much more important than what is on his chest.

i agree wholeheartedly. the media, american culture, this obsession with beauty have messed alot of us up. and, as a result, a number of us strive for that unattainable perfection.

our chests can serve as a proxy for/representation of our masculinity. unfortunately, having disproportionately full or puffy chests (whether or not it's a full-on case of gyne) makes perfection that more distant because, at that point, it's not an issue of "i want to be perfect" but rather "i want to be normal"

sure, we can convince our minds that these aren't errors, that the way our chests are shaped is fine and that, in a perverse way, our chests contribute to the diversity of human body shapes out there...

but, the problem, with me at least, was that i knew whatever i could delude my mind into thinking could never override what i saw - in reality - with my own eyes, in the mirror, or in a photograph or in the reflection of a glass door

no matter how i spun it, i couldn't blindly accept that i looked like a normal guy because i was reminded how feminine my chest looked. what's worse, i absolutely could not accept doing NOTHING about it.

and yeah - as a twentysomething - fixing something physical like this has top billing in the list of priorities (and really, it all comes down what a person prioritizes as important, etc)

i just had surgery, and, of course, it was a last stop - preceded by countless blood tests, toying with testosterone gels, and working out... often to no avail...

surgery certainly has its benefits from a physical standpoint, but i also feel like mentally, now that i've had surgery, i can fully embrace whatever the results are - be it the same or better or (hopefully not) worse

i know that sounds counterintuitive and you're probably thinking, he could've saved the money if he came to terms with that before having the surgery -

to those who can do that, more power to ya - but the thing is, if i personally didn't have the surgery, the possibility of surgery would always stay with me, the thought of trying that "last resort" step would always be a possibility...

paa_paw - you're right on about the importance of expectations, and i feel like i went into my surgery with the right ones (preparing for the worst and not expecting a life changing improvement)

and now, i really do feel at peace with where i am because i know i've tried it all, i know i've done what i possibly can do to fix this

whatever happens now (how it turns out, etc) is beyond my control, but the fact that i've exhausted my options puts me at ease...

so - mick17 - as someone who's been in your shoes, lived with it for a few years longer than you (i'm in my twenties), and finally had the surgery - i'd recommend surgery ONLY AFTER working out for a few years and exhausting all your other options (getting blood tests, or just waiting it out to see if you "grow" out of it - mentally or physically)

if, after all of that (which may take 2+ years) you still don't see any major changes and are at your wit's end and simply cannot live with the shape of your chest and cannot mentally put it behind you, then by all means, start your research into plastic surgeons (which, for me, took 2 years in and of itself)...

if you reach that point, then a few scars or the possibility of it being worse shouldn't be an issue anymore - because, at this point, JUST knowing that you did everything that you could (regardless of the result) should be the goal

i'm not saying settle with a bad result or a bad surgeon, but i'm just saying that plastic surgeons aren't God - they can only do so much

i'm four days post-op now and had many, many many crises about whether or not to ahve this surgery. i had lipo-only and am right now sitting with a compression vest and gauze pads over my chest (not too bad but just annoying to have on). i sneaked a peak yesterday before i showered, and to my surprise, things looked OK, if not better. very little bruising, scars off to the side.

will my chest look completely different? maybe, maybe not. but, for me, the process was worth it because it brought about some mental peace. and i think that should be your goal in the end.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2006, 04:48:21 PM by dav242 »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024