Author Topic: surgery in india  (Read 39113 times)

Offline blahblahblah

• Posting Member
  • Op done on the 1st of March 2006
I paid 50,000 for the op though when you add on the vest, hosp fees, medication ect ect it all adds up so try and get the full cost. 50,000 i know is alot though again i paid to have a doc who had done this on larger people though i see no reason why you cannot get it done through the doc you stated.

Offline desi

• Gold Member
Guys, i got my op done in india too. be careful, even if it is fatty tissue it needs to be cutout using excision and then the surroundiong area is lipoed. only lipo will not give u the desired look. it may improve ur appearance though. ASK FOR EXCISION!!

i got only lipo and now im looki for another surgeon.:(
Formerly, 'Fattgayee', as in 'Torn Apart' or more so 'I am Screwed' :)

Offline blahblahblah

• Posting Member
Guys, i got my op done in india too. be careful, even if it is fatty tissue it needs to be cutout using excision and then the surroundiong area is lipoed. only lipo will not give u the desired look. it may improve ur appearance though. ASK FOR EXCISION!!

i got only lipo and now im looki for another surgeon.:(

Good advise though i only had lippo as well and they stated they had removed the gland so it would not come back at all and if it does i will be knocking on his door..

Offline merle

• Gold Member
  • Author, Psychotherapist, Consultant
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
I am really glad that this is being used. It was time to expand the regions and I get a lot of questions from India and Pakistan. (I hope I spelled that correctly.)

Merle
Demystifying Gynecomastia: Men with Breasts
The first book on Gynecomastia

My newest book: Facing the Truth of Your Life is very relevant to members of this forum. It could save you a lot of unnecessary pain and time.

Book books are available on Amazon. FTTOYL is also available through your local bookstore or on Audible or iTunes.

Offline PakXoxer

I am in Karachi, Pakistan. 3 months before i was in the same condition hasitated worried confused and with lot of questions in mind. wat i did i searched plastic surgeons in pakistan on google. then i contacted one PS on fone. at that time i was thinking i was the only one in this world with such problem. but when i met with doc. i saw it is veryyy veryy common even in pakistan and all over the world. u just search on google the list of plastic surgeons in ur area. Or u can visit any big hospital and talk to any PS there every PS knows abt gyne and it is very common for all. but u must discuss at least 3 big surgeons and never hesistate to ask any stupid question u like. when u r satisfied with any one then plan ur surgery. i have under gone surgery last week. and feeling quitee relaxing ... no worries abt wearing t-shirt inside or any suchthing.  u can ask anyquestion to me u like. in pakistan it is for 40 to 50 thousand ruppees complete expenses doc, anesthesia, hospital bourding etc.
Regards.

Offline blahblahblah

• Posting Member
Just so you know i had my surgery in Goa back in March and as it was all private it was great service and clean, i dont know what people worry about for - as someone said before if you are middle class or upperclass it is the same as bupa or even better (bupa is private health care in the uk).

Just waiting for the swelling behind the nipples to go down then i will post all photos ect... but for 1,200 ukpounds i thought it was good.

Offline samgyne28

• Bronze Member
Pak Boxer -  Can you tell me where and with who in KHI you had yr surgery.  Cost and experience and time frame.  Would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Offline bloody_hell

just saw this site while searching for info,
am thinking abt gettin the surgery done.
So firstly kudos to the guy who started this, and the ppl tryin help out

I had spoken to a few doctors abt this a yr ago so i know a fair amt abt the procedure

what i was really hoping for are suggestions for best surgeons in Mumbai for gynecosmatia.
Whose the best bet ? trustworthy, experience...etc

- I had met Mohan thomas, Narandra Pandya and a Parsi doc (forgot name) each gave diff responses and answers.
Thomas seemed like the most experienced and prepared but kinda a creepy guy ( like if things go wrong I DONT GIVE A DAM type)

Any guidance is appreciatted.cheers.

- bloody_hell
cheers

Offline desi

• Gold Member
Hi bloody hell..

i think ur talkin abt bm daver... i got mine done frm him.. though only lipo, it wud have been better for excision. narendra pandya wudbe a better choice i guess... dunno for sure though.. whatever, if the doc does excision, go for it, go with ur instincts also...

Offline NoSaint

Hey thats a good discussion on board ... its really good especially for the indian ppl as these type of things are rarely discussed even with friends ....  
Has anyone got this done from VM Plastic surgery chandigarh or Delhi asthetic clinic ???  Need to know their success results .... Or from Apollo or can anyone suggest a surgeon's name (reputed for such ops)  at delhi or chandigarh ...   Plz reply

Offline rocky

• Posting Member
Hey Guys,
I have just had my operation at Calcutta by Dr Manoj Khanna.I had done it through Local anaesthesia.Being into a family of doctors i came to know Dr Khanna had quite a reputation.

Anyways, the whole process i guess was pretty easy, though the local anesthesia while injecting hurts a bit , however its absoltely bearable.

I am 3 weeks down now and still wearing the compression garment , and i guess my chest is looking flatter ..much much better.Though there is still a little swelling in my lower pecs (i would call it so now).

I had both the lipo and excision (whatever..removal of gland) done...I shall post u my pictures soon.

Offline Banglorian

• Posting Member
Hey Rocky,

Saw your pre-op pictures ... My case is almost similar to yours..... eager to see your post-op photos ......
Did u have any side effects after surgery ?

Offline anothersufferer

• Posting Member
  • Going ahead on path of bare chest dream!
Hi Pre-op and Post-op masters...

I have several basic questions, though I have gone through some of the posts over these posts:

- Does Excision, Lipo and medicines post surgery have any effect on reproductive organs or hormones? Like whether there will be any problems in becoming father?

- I dont want to show world that I have been operated though I am willing to take leave of a week. I read somewhere in this forum that som plaster has to be worn. In that case it will be clearly visible.

- I work for IT industry, will I be able to resume after a week?

- What is the better option? Dr. Manoj Khanna, Parasi Doc or Dr. Narendra Pandya? May be I might travel onsite somewhere at UK / US. Which is better place to get operated in three: UK / US or India?

Please throw some focus. I just have started to fulfil my dream as I dint have money initially. May be within a year or so I want to get rid of it, though right now it is a part of my body... unwanted.

Thanks....
Thanks,
Say "No" to Gyne

Surgery Date: 11th October 2007
Lipo + Excision
Plastic Surgeon: Dr. K. Ramachandran, Apollo, Chennai, India
Surgery Exp:
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php/topic,12088.0.html
Pre & Post Op photos:
http://www.clickfriends.com/anothersufferer/gallery329

Offline victorious

Hi, I had undergone gynecomastia surgery 2 years ago, and I am quite happy about it. The best money I ever spent. So here are my answers

Does Excision, Lipo and medicines post surgery have any effect on reproductive organs or hormones? Like whether there will be any problems in becoming father?

A BIG NO - THE PROCEDURE/MEDICINES ARE NOT RELATED TO SEXUAL HORMONS OR ORGANS-I am leading a steady sex life

- I dont want to show world that I have been operated though I am willing to take leave of a week. I read somewhere in this forum that som plaster has to be worn. In that case it will be clearly visible.
Yes, a "Vest" has to be worn, which looks pretty much like a thick round neck T-shirt. It can be hidden if it is Winter season. I went to work after 3 days-off, but I had to cook up stories. Anyway, if you can get atleast 1 week off, it is good for you - because, initially, it is not at all adviced to move your arms around tooo much. Also, if you can get 1 month off, nothing like that - It is very important to wear this vest 24X7 for a few weeks

- I work for IT industry, will I be able to resume after a week?
The answer is YES - as long as you dont have to stretch your arms above your head or ride a motorcycle/or drive a car in fast and heavy traffic

- What is the better option? Dr. Manoj Khanna, Parasi Doc or Dr. Narendra Pandya? May be I might travel onsite somewhere at UK / US. Which is better place to get operated in three: UK / US or India?

The answer is INDIA - it is very expensive in western countries and health insurance does not cover this sort of surgery. I am not sure who is the best physician in India, but I would suggest - Delhi apollo is a good place

Please throw some focus. I just have started to fulfil my dream as I dint have money initially. May be within a year or so I want to get rid of it, though right now it is a part of my body... unwanted.
Yes, it is worth spending your money. Good luck!

Thanks....

Offline desi

• Gold Member
hi victorious,

who was ur surgeon??

thx!!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024