Author Topic: lifting after surgery  (Read 5116 times)

Offline brownman

• Gold Member
Brownman, said..

brownman, please stop telling people this. You will NOT  find 1 Dr. ANYWHERE that says it's ok to goto the gym 10 days after surgery, so please, stop advising people to do that.
Dr. said wear the tensor, you didnt want to.
Dr said dont goto the gym, you did anyway.
Maybee you're that 1 in a million guy, who heals like superman, or maybee you just got lucky, I'm not sure, but when you give advice in this forum, you, and only you should end every post with.....
My results arent even close to being typical. I started working out 3 weeks earlier than I should have, and didnt wear the vest as long as I should have, nor did I ever take it easy after surgery

thats true ill say it like that from now on!

as for internal healing i honestly feel 100% no bruising and its all good..

Offline markashleigh1979

• I've had my final operation :)
For the love of god, please do not lift weights 10 days after surgery just because it worked for one person. Listen to what your doctor tells you and you should be fine.

Ha ha i will probs wait 2 weeks. I was fine after 3 weeks of lipo . If i do go back early it will be to do light cardio and some light weights until i feel right....

To the person who asked brownman to show him evidence of any dos saying you can train early.....lol. I can :) .....The surgeouns who operate on the pro body builders promise them that they will be back in the gym with in seven days......google it mate :) .......That doesn't mean i am telling people to do it!!!! I think it is best to fully heal first :) .

Offline Seal

• Bronze Member
  • Surgery in August 05
I quit lifting for about seven weeks after my surgery. I didn't lose hardly any strength.

After a few workouts with lighter weights I could still do 225#x12 on bench and 170#x15 on military press which is about what I was at before.

Offline Vanatu

• Silver Member
My doctor said, that i could start running and whatnot after 1-2 weeks and weight lifting after 3-4 weeks. He said start light, depending on the swelling.

And wow...i think i'm gonna go nuts for those 3-4 weeks.....

Offline Allan7865

• Gold Member
Kind of ironic how evreyone who has gynecomastia does wieghts.

Offline Tired

• Bronze Member
i would wait, atleast wait 4 weeks before lifting wheights. Just think of it this way, is it worth risking more scars/swellings because you cannot wait a few more weeks?  ;)

Offline bkman

• Posting Member
It's really going to be a case-by-case basis. Everyone's different. I had gyne surgery and some additional lipo done 10 days ago, saw my PS today, and he said that I could go back to working out. I'm going to ease into, but it won't be w/o discretion. I'd recommend listening to your doctor.

Offline markashleigh1979

• I've had my final operation :)
i dont get what is the rush to get back to the gym?...now that the thing that made you start lifting like a madman is gone, whats so difficult about just chilling?

Some people in this bored may have started lifting liek a mad man when they got gyne.......and the others where at the gym pre-gyne. I was going to the gym before i got gyne ......and i love it!! For some the gym is like a drug and we feel guilt when we miss it......if you haven't been going for several years 3/4 times a week....it may be hard to emphasise......some times gym abuse is a disease too....lol  ;D

Plus the summer is nearly here.....so it is a race to recover and get in shape for the summer hols.....and why shouldn't poeple look foward to finaly showing their bodies off after so many years of hiding it? lol
« Last Edit: April 28, 2006, 05:48:56 AM by markashleigh1979 »

Offline remyrem6

• Posting Member
whats up?

lol i just had my surgery done yesterday morning, and man the last thing i want to do right now is lift weights. i would probly kill myself lol. I think in 2 weeks or so a person would be alright to lift though ???

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024