Author Topic: Where do I start?  (Read 2235 times)

Offline randomname

• Posting Member
If everything goes as planned over the next few months, I am going to be in a situation where I can finally deal with my gyne.

I am new to these boards, so I'll delve into my situation. (Sorry no pics, don't have any available)

I have fibrous Gyne in one nipple, and not the other. I was roughly 13-14 when I noticed the pain in both nipples but it only really developed in my left one. My right one may have it, but I don't notice any difference from what it should be and what it is.

I am now 19 going on 20 and have had enough. This has really bothered me all through highschool and I am getting to the point where I just want this taken care of, loan or not.

I do not have a family doctor. After moving from Ohio to Tennessee ~12 years old, my parents really never bothered with a designated pediatrician. Therefore, I don't even have anyone to get information from, or to get a recommendation from.

This is why I've pretty much come here. I've occasionally popped into the main site every now and then, hoping that some new development has come about. (False hope XD) I need to know what kind of doctor to see. I am out of the Chattanooga, TN or Johnson City, TN area if anyone has had experiences with this there.

*edit* let me also add that seeing as how it has never been diagnosed, or even examined, I know I will need that first to rule out other possibilities.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2006, 03:45:04 PM by randomname »

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
You are correct on many counts.

I am concerned because of your reference to pain. Many men have very sensitive nipples, That is much more normal than you might think. Pain however is not something you should ignore. It is time to see a Doctor.
Grandpa Dan

Offline randomname

• Posting Member
oops, should not have said painful in the sense that I could feel them hurting all the time. Only painful when a good bit of pressure was applied to them. This was only when I first noticed it. (13 or so)

Since then, its only been noticeable do to the embarassing bulgeous nipple on my left side.

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
If everything goes as planned over the next few months, I am going to be in a situation where I can finally deal with my gyne.

I am new to these boards, so I'll delve into my situation. (Sorry no pics, don't have any available)

I have fibrous Gyne in one nipple, and not the other. I was roughly 13-14 when I noticed the pain in both nipples but it only really developed in my left one. My right one may have it, but I don't notice any difference from what it should be and what it is.

I am now 19 going on 20 and have had enough. This has really bothered me all through highschool and I am getting to the point where I just want this taken care of, loan or not.

I do not have a family doctor. After moving from Ohio to Tennessee ~12 years old, my parents really never bothered with a designated pediatrician. Therefore, I don't even have anyone to get information from, or to get a recommendation from.

This is why I've pretty much come here. I've occasionally popped into the main site every now and then, hoping that some new development has come about. (False hope XD) I need to know what kind of doctor to see. I am out of the Chattanooga, TN or Johnson City, TN area if anyone has had experiences with this there.

*edit* let me also add that seeing as how it has never been diagnosed, or even examined, I know I will need that first to rule out other possibilities.

It depends on a few things. If you have insurance and want to try and get them to cover it then it will depend on the insurance you have. If you have a HMO you'll need to go through your main doctor for a referral.
If you have a PPO you can just go straight to a surgeon, but it is always better to get "professional opinions" from regular docs. Insurance companies know that plastic surgery is more "businessy" than general practice.

If you have the cash and want to just go for it then just go see the plastic surgeon. Interview a few different ones and go with what you feel is the best one.

Offline randomname

• Posting Member
If such is the case then a few more questions.

I have read a lot about visiting an endicrinologist(sp). Is that necessary for everyone?

I know my insurance will not pay for it - my moob never got quite that big thank God. Will they pay for the visit to the Endicrinologist or will that also come out of pocket?

I should have the cash to do this soon. Do most plastic surgeons do free consultations?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024