Author Topic: SWELLING POST OP DR B...  (Read 2077 times)

Offline bigtymer11235

• Posting Member
HI, im 8 days post op, and it seems to me that my chest was flatter 1 or 2 days post op compared to now.  Is this due to the swelling or fluid buildup or is it something else?  Has anyone else had their chest grow after a week of surgery?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
bigtymer....

Yes. The first day or two post-op, your chest will be very flat. After that, it will get very swollen and yes, possibly have some fluid sloshing around in there. I had both. Gotta tell ya tho, the slohsing sound was weird!   :-X

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
Mine was very flat for the first couple weeks then began to grow a bit.

The cool thing is that eventhough it got bigger, it was very hard, not fat and flabby like it was pre-op.

Offline limaecho

• Bronze Member
bigtymer....

Yes. The first day or two post-op, your chest will be very flat. After that, it will get very swollen and yes, possibly have some fluid sloshing around in there. I had both. Gotta tell ya tho, the slohsing sound was weird!   :-X

John.

I can feel it sloshing around, but I can't hear it yet.  ;D

Looking at your pics gramps, you have great results. Did you have revision surgery or are they just improvements over time?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Looking at your pics gramps, you have great results. Did you have revision surgery or are they just improvements over time?

No revision. Not much has changed (visually) since about week 4 post-op. However, it took quite a while for my peri-areola incisions to completely heal to the point where they were no longer noticeable.

My chest is not perfect. It could stand a little bit more Lipo but I'm not worried about it. All I wanted from surgery was to be able to go out in public with a t-shirt without people gawking at me. I'm a happy camper now!  ;D

John.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 11:49:02 AM by Bambu »

Offline orrible

• Previously stonecold... 9.11.05 Surgery Levick
my chest changed quite abit from being flat after bandage removal to where its at now at 7 months. http://www.gynecomastia.org/cgi-bin/gyne_yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=8;action=display;num=1134002624;start=45

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024