Author Topic: Negative Comments  (Read 3356 times)

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!
john_loren as well as many others on here like Blanto (i think thats his name) that come on here and post negative stuff about people with successful operations etc. are going through repression and denile issues.

Reading through many posts I notice this alot. I remember when I first came on here I did the same. I would try to say "you should learn to live with it" "its stupit to pay thousands of dollars for surgery" "mine is going away from taking Zinc tabs" etc etc.

I would say these things to try to convince myself that nothing was wrong and I was just exagerating. After taking psychology classes I realized what I was doing.
I realized this has been bothering me for years and it won't get out of my mind. Something had to be done.

Now I just had the surgery and I am happer than ever, even though im in alot of pain. Im happy that I finally confrounted my problem/ inserurity/deformaty/ condition, and did something about it!
My mind feels clear and refreshed now.  Its an amazing feeling.

To all thoes thread bashers on here, you guys need to sit back and just think. Think about why you are making fun of people with successful operations. Think about why you are on a gynecomastia form to begin with. You have gynecomastia and feel bad. The only thing you can do is confront it with surgery, or endo medications. Don't live you life in denile and take it out on others.
$2,800 = Freedom!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/album?.dir=7e36&.src=ph&am p;store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/my_photos

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
they're blind, they don't see it.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2005, 04:04:28 PM by jc71 »

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The point is well taken.

All kinds of people visit here.

Not everyone is a good surgical candidate for some reason or another.  Some might have personal beliefs that do not allow such surgery.  For others, The cost makes surgery a distant hope instead of a forseeable reality.

There are some, like myself who have passed throught most of their lives before the present surgical methods were even available. We didn't learn to like our situation, but we did learn to cope with it.

There are some as well who have a serious self image problem bordering dysmorphia and little more.

For each, the torment has been the same;  yet again individual and different.

I have said unkind things on these pages,  and in spite of myself, I will probably do so again.  

We should avoid negatives,  I agree..   I simply do not know how this lofty goal can be achieved.  

Grandpa Dan

Offline Spleen

Anybody?  I don't mean to play Devil's Advocate necessarily, but I've seen a few pics of guys who look pretty darn normal  who want surgery or who have had surgery.  Should we encourage people who are of  "normal" appearance, more or less, to spend the $$$ and go thru the discomfort, or risk the complications?  

Also, not everyone is here because they have gynecomastia and feel "bad".  I think there are lots of different attitudes here.

Offline Daveo

• Silver Member
  • Surgery with Dr. Bermant January 28, 2005
I'd say that if someone has come looking to improve their condition, then we should be supporting them, even if we don't personally think they need it.  I always try to make a point with "normal" looking guys to say, "It doesn't look that bad, but if you really hate it, here's what you should do....".  Because really, who cares what we think of their appearance...the point is to be comfortable in your own body.

Offline masterofu

• Posting Member
daveo, it says you had surgery with Bermant on the 28th. How did it go? How much is the initial in person consultation? I am 95% sure i am going to him, however any info/details would be very helpful. thanks

Offline Daveo

• Silver Member
  • Surgery with Dr. Bermant January 28, 2005
The initial in person is include with the remote package...was 200.

It went extremely well, you can see my results here...http://www.gynecomastia.org/cgi-bin/gyne_yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=14;action=display;num=1106752056

I haven't posted new pics lately but it's gotten even better.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2005, 01:37:45 PM by Daveo »

Offline masterofu

• Posting Member
HOLY SH*T!! That is a huge gland. Unbelievable. It didnt look like it would be that big in the before pics. Man, you gotta be crazy glad that thing is outta there. Congrats too, now not only do you have a gyne free chest, you have a great looking gyne-free chest...Hope mine will look that good, as i am an avid weigh-trainer, and have good muscle development under my gyne also. I am just tired of having an awesome chest totally messed up from the gland on top of it. Can't wait till my surgery, maybe then finally all my hard work over the years will be evident. I probably won't wear a shirt for like a year after the surgery!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024