Author Topic: Anyone traveled out of state or drive long distance to find a PS?  (Read 1744 times)

Offline mephistopholes

• Posting Member
I'm pretty certain some of us have done so.  It's far more to find a highly qualified and experienced surgeon that resorting to convenience of home town. 

If you've done so, how did you manage the travel and staying out of town?

Any surgeon in Unites States that provides reimbursement for travel expense and possibly boarding?

Offline ddaavviiddd

• Silver Member
Not that i am aware of.  The only advice i  can give to you is, go with a P.S. that does alot of these procedures.  You know the doctors that i am talking about.  Yes a hotel room for the week, airplane ticket and rental car is going to add to your expensive but look at it this way.  It will be one of the most important decesions in your life.  Don't mess it up by going to some P.S. that has no idea what he is doing.  I  just went though  this and it was so worth it cuz this the my second operation and the first time i got it done it was with a P.S.  who was local and he ruined my chest.  Look for deals for hotel room.  Maybe a family member has points saved up from traveling so much and they have free days at a hotel.  Maybe you know someone who was free miles earned  for airline tickets.....capital one ..lol  .   So u just have to look around to cut costs......good luck

Offline jimyd77

• Posting Member
I had surgery with Dr. Delgado in San Francisco...being from Los Angeles, I had to stay up there for one week following the surgery in order to go for my two follow-up appointments.  You'd think LA would be a mecca for PS's capable of doing the surgery, but after doing the legwork I decided to go with the guy who does 90 a year (most of the surgeons in the LA area averaged about 25). 

Anyway...Delgado did a great job, I had no complications, and was totally ready to jet out of town after a week.  There's a place called the Inn Marin right down the road from his surgery center where I stayed for the week following the surgery (week and a half actually...had the surgery on a Thursday and then stayed in town until the following Friday).  They are used to putting up his patients and put me in a back room where it was very quiet and restful.  I was lucky enough to have my parents come in and stay with me for that first week...though by the end we were all crawling the walls :-)

I would definitely do it this way again, and recommend trying to figure out a way to make an out-of-state or long distance trip work to get the surgery.  If you're going to do it, do it right IMO.

Offline ddaavviiddd

• Silver Member
Omg, !!!!!!    I did the exact thing u did,   dr degado,  Inn marian, parents crawling up the wall.
.......lol

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024