Author Topic: Fielding Surgery  (Read 14250 times)

Offline braveboy

• Gold Member
  • formerly shyboy
yours looks simular to mine but must be a different cause because mine is visible when relaxed and not visible when i raise my arm.you can jog as long as it doesn't hurt wearing a compression garment might help so you eliminate the bounce,but ask you dr.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I wanted to go for a run few days ago but it didnt feel comfortable, slightly painful. How long do you guys think before i can go for some jogging?

You're in your third week.... shouldn't be too much longer before you can run again. Give it another try in a weeks time.

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
MRD:

You looks great. Same as Brebguy, I can see flat cheast when I raise both my arms but see small fat/puffyness when relaxed. But Dr. JCF told me wait till 12 months to get perfect 10. I am on 7 months now. Will wait another 5 and then see.
Surgery done on Sept 6th, 2006 with Dr. Fielding - Toronto. Not 100% cured but will get there for sure !!!
----------------------------------------------------

Revision done on December 7th, 2007. Let's hope for best !!!
-------------------------------------------

Dr. Fielding
Suite #401, 2425 Bloor Street West, Toronto

Tel: 416.766.88

Offline PeterBateman

• Gold Member
i think you should stop fooling yourself, and book another app't with fielding if youre not happy...its not gonna magically disappear...why wait another 5 months only to be told you can go thru the whole thing again?  3 months post op is it i think...anything more than that is just smoke and mirrors by PS's...

Offline MRD

• Gold Member
I think everyone heals differently, so 3 months is only the average time for MOST people, for some perhaps it can take longer....but i do agree that 3 months is the best indication of what your final result will look like.
And thanks Give Me Life, i was one of the lucky ones ;)

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
Same as Brebguy, I can see flat cheast when I raise both my arms but see small fat/puffyness when relaxed. But Dr. JCF told me wait till 12 months to get perfect 10. I am on 7 months now. Will wait another 5 and then see.

not that i want people to pitty me or anything, but i would just say that in my case i dont see a small fat or puffyness when relaxed. i actually have the full blowned chest size (same size as before surgery). i'm only waiting for the money to come along before i can get an appointment with Fielding, but i also want to see an endocrinologist to see if my problem is hormonal.

very happy for you MRD, take care ;-)
surgery did not work...:-(
Dr. Fielding (TO - Ontario : 416.766.8890) on august 9th, 2006 and revision on september 21st, 2007

Offline Dadadaboom

• Posting Member
i do agree that 3 months is the best indication of what your final result will look like.

I don't know how true that is. I can tell you from other areas where lipo was done that swelling takes a really long time to go away - most swelling is still there after 3 months - it's suprisingly stubborn stuff. And MRD, you just had your surgery. It's fairly common for it to swell up a bit in the next couple of months (i.e. it often gets worse before it gets better), so don't get too confident just yet  ;).

As for fooling yourself, if anyone feels that bad about it you can always see Dr. F again; I just don't think it's worth the time if things aren't that bad and if it hasn't been a full year yet.

Offline MRD

• Gold Member
Swell up after a couple of MONTHS??? You mean swell up after a couple of weeks?
Fielding told me swelling usually happens when the initial dressing and foam pads are removed, which is 1 week after surgery.

And i didn't make up the part about the 3 months from my head, Fielding is the one that told me 3 months.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 11:15:26 PM by MRD »

Offline Dadadaboom

• Posting Member
Swell up after a couple of MONTHS??? You mean swell up after a couple of weeks?
Fielding told me swelling usually happens when the initial dressing and foam pads are removed, which is 1 week after surgery.

And i didn't make up the part about the 3 months from my head, Fielding is the one that told me 3 months.

It could swell up after a couple of weeks - but, I've also heard from some people that it gets (temporarily) worse after a few months - sometimes it's just swelling and not regrowth.

Yeah, Dr. F tells everyone the 3 month thing, but I don't think that accords with what the folks on here are saying (or my own experience). You won't look much different after 3 months than after the first week, and you may even look worse. It's weird. But everyone's different, so wait and see I guess.

Offline MRD

• Gold Member
Getting into the 4th week today. Stopped wearing the tensor compression wrap few days ago, things still ok no swelling. Took a few new pics today.

Post Op into 4th week
http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/407/postop2fl4.jpg
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/4899/postop3yj3.jpg
http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/3164/postop4yl5.jpg

Offline braveboy

• Gold Member
  • formerly shyboy
hi,how are you making out with the concave issue is it the same??? post pics

Offline MRD

• Gold Member
Hey, i took pics flexing my chest but the concavity is so small that it doesnt even show up on camera-phone quality pictures. It has improved a lot since the 1st week.

Offline braveboy

• Gold Member
  • formerly shyboy
hey good to hear,unfortunately i'm not as lucky.

Offline MRD

• Gold Member
1 Month post-op Update

Hey guys, just thought i'd give an update on my progress. Currently with my left side I am 95% satisfied with the result, i had a slight concavity at first but it seems to have gotten better over time and isnt so noticeable anymore. Have gotten no swelling, however i do feel hard lump around the side of the areaola where the incision was made. It's not causing any swelling or anything, it looks perfectly flat however i do feel a hard lump there and it is a bit tender/uncomfortable if i start pressing on it.

My right side im also about 90% satisfied with it, but the hard lump has also formed there around where the incision was made. The hard lump is slightly bigger on this side than the left, maybe because more work had to be done on this side, as my right side had a more severe case of gyne than my left.
Im assuming both these lumps are scar tissue? Theyre not causing any swelling, just a tad painful if i press on them.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 08:10:19 PM by MRD »

Offline Crawdaddy

• Posting Member
I am about 5 1/2 weeks post-op, and I still have a similar lump under the right one. It is gradually getting smaller. Massage it a little if it doesn't hurt too much. It will go away. Aside from that, I look great. You can't even tell anything was done to the left side, and the right side is almost there.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024