Author Topic: May 3rd - having lypo  (Read 6719 times)

Offline outertrial

Maybe I should clarify that a bit. There are no salaried 'NHS Surgeons' there are only plastic surgeons who act as contractors for the NHS and are paid per job. The vast majority of these do private work as well. I saw two surgeons one of whom was no good at all and the other who was quite helpful but didnt give me as good a consultation as the one I chose, and paid for myself.

If you were happy with the consultation you had, which I guess you were, then theres nothing to worry about. Be happy you managed to get treatment paid for by the NHS, the majority of us get nowhere. (I meant Id be bitter about the time I wasted but it turned out ok in the end for me)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 04:46:10 PM by outertrial »

Offline NotFedup

• Gold Member
  • Surgery in Poland By Dr Baranski 24th Oct 2006
Good luck on the 3rd kidda and here to the rest of your life :)
losing my moobs was almost as painless as losing my sanity

Offline valorous

• Posting Member
remember..
eat/drink fresh pine apple..it has beromoline anzyme that reduse swelling and inflimation..,lots of lemon in water and arnice tablets..your food is the key for great recovery

Offline equium

• Bronze Member
so had my op today. talked the PS before hand for a long time and basically we agreed that he'd have a feel for any gland once he'd finished the lypo and would remove it if he felt it was excessive. but he told me that he could feel very little gland there so left it at lypo - all men have breast discs/gland there so if it's a small amount im not hugely fussed. but lypo went well and im back at home now, with my compression vest on. ive been advised to wear it for 6 weeks, which seems a lot longer than others but i suppose it cant do any harm wearing it for a longer period of time.
i hope lypo only will work for me, knowing that it hasnt been overly successful from reading threads - then again my gyne was minor and very much consisted of fatty tissue.
will put some post op pics soon. thanks for all the advice guys, means a lot.

Offline equium

• Bronze Member
just had a quick peek under the vest and there's already an improvement, so cant wait for the swelling to go down :-)

Offline Almeda24

• Posting Member
How exactly do you tell the difference between swelling and gland/fat?

Offline equium

• Bronze Member
i cant tell how much of my chest is possibly gland (but the PS assures me it was minimal) and swelling but at the end of the day, lipo does cause quite a lot of swelling and scar tissue, so there is no doubt swelling there. plus it's sensitive, which could be swelling and/or scar tissue.

Offline equium

• Bronze Member
ok, had a much longer look and there is pretty much no improvement. my gyne is mild in terms of amount of fat/gland it's just the shape that bugs me - rather pointy shape. and looking now particularly om my left side, still very pointy. my follow up consultation with my PS should be mid June time, so im pretty sure im going to need a revision - i really want them to excise gland. the prob is right under my nipple, and i think that cos it is a glandular problem. plus, my PS only removed 30cc of fat with my op last week, which is hardly enough to make a difference. 'orrible' has a similar gyne to me in terms of the way it looked pre-op and had 100-150cc of lypo plus excision. i said to the PS before my op that i wanted excision and he said he'll feel it after the lypo is done - and decided not to perform an excision. rather disappointing but i am only one week post op so although i think ill need a revision, still hoping for some improvement over the coming weeks/months.

Offline NotFedup

• Gold Member
  • Surgery in Poland By Dr Baranski 24th Oct 2006
Bugger :(
i feel for you mate  :'(

Offline outertrial

30cc  :o

I had almost 800ccs and my gyne was only 'moderate' http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php/topic,9199.0.html

You should probably consider a private PS, you dont want to go through another op if this guy isnt going to sort it out again. The most common experience people seem to have with doctors inexperienced in this procedure is that they just dont take enough out.

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member

This story seems to echo so many others where patients who have had only liposuction and are dissatisfied with the results. Excision of all or some of the gland appears to produce far better results.  This may sound easier than it is of course as I’m told that the gland is often interspersed within fatty deposits and removal isn’t easy.  It would be interesting to have Dr Bermants view on this.

Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

Offline unleash

• Posting Member
  • I wish.....damn Gyne
Go wear the vest!!!
Keep it on for 2 weeks and then HIT THE GYM DUDE!! ;D
You look awright!!
We Are What WE Do.
    Our Deeds Make The Man Within Us.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024