Author Topic: Hail from Finland!  (Read 8058 times)

Offline findude

• Posting Member
Hi ensiferum,

I share your agony!

One nice surgeon gave me a tip of trying to get surgery done in public hospital. At least HUS (serving the capital area) has plastic surgery clinic . You would need a request from a normal doctor in order to get treated there.

So I'll check that option also  :)

Offline ensiferum

• Posting Member
What's HUS? Can you get a price estimate there?

Got a reply today from Eiransairaala. The surgeon said that type of operation required cannot judged by looking at the photos only. She suggested that it may be easier for me to get it done in Jyväskylä. (Karl Ludvig).

Bah.

I guess I'll just pick some random hospital and fly there to display my boobs.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2005, 09:18:00 PM by ensiferum »
Surgery on 11th of May. *gulp*

Offline findude

• Posting Member

Check out http://www.hus.fi/ - it's the public hospital network serving the capital area. You probably have similar system in your region as well.

If you would get qualified, I think you would only have to pay normal daily fee of the public hospital (=almost nothing). The downside probably is you might have to wait longer in the queue to get the operation done...

Offline ensiferum

• Posting Member
Umh, wouldnt the public service be employed only in cases where the patient is suffering from severe mental problems  caused by the problem and can thus qualify? IIRC, cosmetic problem isn't reason enough to warrant surgery?  

Offline ensiferum

• Posting Member
Response from Nordström's hospital.
The idiot bitch seems to have totally forgotten our phone conversation, since the reply was just some general bullshit.

Dunno what do next. Give up?  :-X

Offline ensiferum

• Posting Member
Ok,

while I'm posting links to hospitals performing gynecomastia in Finland I might post this one as well.

http://www.karl-ludwig.net/

Price 2100 Eur.

Also found this link. Might provide some useful information.

http://www.chirurgiplasticifenniae.fi/frm.html

Following that link above I also managed to find a hospital in my home city that also performs gynecomastia.  After a bit of research I also started noticing that the same surgeons come across everywhere, i.e. it seems normal that a surgeon works(?) for 4-5 different hospitals.

Regardless I called up the nearby hospital and am now scheduled for an appointment with a doc this coming friday.  Just two days from now!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2005, 06:48:26 AM by ensiferum »

Offline ensiferum

• Posting Member
Preliminary schedule for surgery:

11th or 12th of May.

Offline ensiferum

• Posting Member
Surgery was performed yesterday morning. Everything seems good. My upper torso is now wrapped inside elastic tight band, sorta like XXXXXL sized rubber band. I was told to wear this 2 days now and then I can take it off. They suggested that I wear some compression garment for a couple of weeks when sleeping.

Had almost 0 drainage and quite minimal pain. 100ml of fat was removed from each breast and some gland too.

Price so far 3500 eur.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2005, 03:31:59 AM by ensiferum »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024