Author Topic: Planning on Surgery  (Read 15954 times)

Offline Poland2012

• Silver Member
Did you only get gland removal then?

How are you finding being on your own out there, is it difficult with the language barrier and stuff? I'm hoping to go in June and I'm so shit scared of being in a foreign country on my own where I don't speak the language

I got lipo and gland removal; 250ml and 250g. Just make sure that you're fit and healthy before you arrive.

Ask yourself what you're scared of. Is it a particular complication or eventuality, or does it just seem daunting? I say, get it done. Even if you're miserable for a week, you'll negate much more misery in the long run. The language barrier isn't a problem; I just wrote out the clinic address on a piece of paper and hand it to taxi drivers. Politely ask people at restaurants if they speak English and they generally do. You'll only feel awkward if you fixate on it. I can honestly say that it took me less than a day to get over any hang ups, and the surgery itself was a complete doddle. I was very lucky in that I was there with someone who'd had the surgery, but if you read all the blogs you'll know precisely what to expect.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 06:59:22 PM by Poland2012 »

Offline wezzer

• Bronze Member
  • Ain't nobody got time for dat!
Thanks for the advice, I am just scared of being on my own in a foreign place. I guess a week is not that long though

Offline zack42

• Silver Member
It'll fly by wezzer.  Nothing to worry about I assure you, and Poland's right, even if you had a miserable week, it's worth it for what you get afterwards!

But I don't think you'll find it's a problem.  A few of us on here have done it alone and it's been absolutely fine.

Offline DamienUK

• Bronze Member
Did you only get gland removal then?

How are you finding being on your own out there, is it difficult with the language barrier and stuff? I'm hoping to go in June and I'm so shit scared of being in a foreign country on my own where I don't speak the language

I got lipo and gland removal; 250ml and 250g. Just make sure that you're fit and healthy before you arrive.

Ask yourself what you're scared of. Is it a particular complication or eventuality, or does it just seem daunting? I say, get it done. Even if you're miserable for a week, you'll negate much more misery in the long run. The language barrier isn't a problem; I just wrote out the clinic address on a piece of paper and hand it to taxi drivers. Politely ask people at restaurants if they speak English and they generally do. You'll only feel awkward if you fixate on it. I can honestly say that it took me less than a day to get over any hang ups, and the surgery itself was a complete doddle. I was very lucky in that I was there with someone who had the surgery, but if you read all the blogs you'll know precisely what to expect.

I agree Poland. Sound advice. And as Zack42 said; bring a lot of thinks with you to Poland to keep you occupied. Bring your laptop packed with videos, download games on you phone and just really focus on the outcome and how happy you are going to be. I can’t wait for mine!

Offline wezzer

• Bronze Member
Yeah you guys are so right, even if it was the worst week of my life, it'd also be the best week of my life :) Thankyou for not just telling me to 'man up', lolll.

When is your surgery again Damien, in January?

p.s. Is it common for Jeremy to take a while getting back to you? I e-mailed him back to confim that I wanted the date he offered me on Wednesday night I believe, and he hasn't gotten back to me yet :s
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 02:18:28 PM by wezzer »

Offline zack42

• Silver Member
wezzer, Jeremy does sometimes take time to reply unfortunately.

It is a bit frustrating but he will get back to you.

Offline DamienUK

• Bronze Member
Yeah you guys are so right, even if it was the worst week of my life, it'd also be the best week of my life :) Thankyou for not just telling me to 'man up', lolll.

When is your surgery again Damien, in January?

p.s. Is it common for Jeremy to take a while getting back to you? I e-mailed him back to confim that I wanted the date he offered me on Wednesday night I believe, and he hasn't gotten back to me yet :s
Hey Wezzer,

Yeah my surgery is on the 3rd January 2013. I am excited to say the least. I do feel like I am rushing but looking back over my 24 years, I can reconcile with the fact that it’s a right move. Just prepare your mind, buddy, you will be fine. And you are in good hands at the board with Poland and Zack on standby to provide that much needed advice. Have you booked to go Poland or?

Damien

Offline DamienUK

• Bronze Member
wezzer, Jeremy does sometimes take time to reply unfortunately.

It is a bit frustrating but he will get back to you.

I agree Zack,

He takes time to reply but be patient and he will get back to you. He has confirmed the 3rd of Jan but since then I have paid a deposit, sent him my medical form and pics. I trust he will get back to me soon. The last time I emailed him was yesterday so I hope he will get back to me by Tuesday.

Damien

Offline wezzer

• Bronze Member

Hey Wezzer,

Yeah my surgery is on the 3rd January 2013. I am excited to say the least. I do feel like I am rushing but looking back over my 24 years, I can reconcile with the fact that it’s a right move. Just prepare your mind, buddy, you will be fine. And you are in good hands at the board with Poland and Zack on standby to provide that much needed advice. Have you booked to go Poland or?

Damien

Mate, I don't think your rushing AT ALL, if you have the money then the sooner you can start your new life, the better. Honestly, I'm gonna be 24 in January and I know how much it's held me back in so, so, so many ways in life and stopped me from enjoying all the things that a normal young person should be enjoying. If I had the money, I would get it done tomorrow. Just think, by summer, you should be halfway healed and have a normal looking chest!

Offline zack42

• Silver Member
I agree - the sooner you can get it done and sorted the better.  I'd have had it done before if I had the money.

Then you can get on with the rest of your life and enjoy your body!

Offline DamienUK

• Bronze Member
Thanks Guys,

You know, I was actually saving my cash to buy a the HP Z1 but after reassessing my situation I prioritised what was more important and went for gynae removal. It was a though choice and it means no personal x-mas gift for me this year. But I am considering surgery as a present. Are you saving for surgery, wezzer?

Zack, how is your training going?

Damien   

Offline wezzer

• Bronze Member
Yeah, I'm not getting it done til June (he offered me the 10th June and I said yes but I'm still waiting for him to confirm). I need those 5 months before that to save the money because I only have around £600 saved up, so I obviously need another £1400. It's going to be really, really tough as I don't earn a lot at ALL and I obviously have bills to pay but I know it'll be worth the struggle. Honest to God, I feel like I'm going to be reborn when I have it done.

Offline DamienUK

• Bronze Member
Aww wezzer, we are are rooting for you. 5 months will be a breeze for you bro! Keep us posted. Remember, you can buy all kinds goods later after you have saved up and paid for you surgery. You only need to do this just once. Why not now while you are still young. 

Offline wezzer

• Bronze Member
Aww wezzer, we are are rooting for you. 5 months will be a breeze for you bro! Keep us posted. Remember, you can buy all kinds goods later after you have saved up and paid for you surgery. You only need to do this just once. Why not now while you are still young. 

Thankyou so much man, honestly the support and positive energy from all you guys has been super, super nice, it's very much appreciated. Yeah I am going to just pay for the basics in my life like food and stuff and then every other penny is going to go into the gyno fund.

Offline Poland2012

• Silver Member
Yeah, I'm not getting it done til June (he offered me the 10th June and I said yes but I'm still waiting for him to confirm). I need those 5 months before that to save the money because I only have around £600 saved up, so I obviously need another £1400. It's going to be really, really tough as I don't earn a lot at ALL and I obviously have bills to pay but I know it'll be worth the struggle. Honest to God, I feel like I'm going to be reborn when I have it done.

I waited 7 months and I promise you that it passes.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024