Author Topic: Kleinfelter's Syndrome  (Read 1677 times)

Offline normally_abnormal

I have Gynecomastia and have been somewhat concerned about the possibility of also having Kleinfelter's syndrome. I asked my doctor to order a blood test testing for Testosterone levels which came back normal. Everything "down there" appears to be normal in size so I don't think I have Hypogonadism. What set alarm bells off for me is that I'm typically on shaving 2-3 times a week (although I do have a lot of chest hair) and I've got ADHD. Would the blood test results alone be enough to put one's mind at ease?

Offline xelnaga13

Did you discuss your Klienfelter suspicion with your doctor or just your testosterone issue? Klienfelter is genetic... so Im pretty sure there is a blood test for it. I am not a doctor, but if your penis is fully developed and your testosterone levels are normal...im pretty sure that points away from Klienfelter.

Offline normally_abnormal

I did discuss Kleinfelter's with him. He said that it's one of those things discussed in medical school and that he would be "lucky" to ever meet someone with it. He seemed to think it would be pretty unlikely but did think the blood test might put my mind at ease.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I would have to agree with the idea that kleinfelters is very rare and nothing you've said so far even hints in that direction. In fact everything you have said would tend to eliminate kleinfelters as a diagnosis for you.

Lots of men have some degree of breast enlargement. So many men have it that some people consider the condition to be normal. I am not sure how I feel about that, but I certainly do not think of myself as abnormal.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Klinefelter's Syndrome is rare.  It is diagnosed with a blood test that can look at your chromosomes.  Those with K's Syndrome have an extra X chromosome, so that their genetic makeup is XXY rather than XY (a normal male).

Dr Jacobs

Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024