Author Topic: estrogen reduced after surgery?  (Read 4227 times)

Offline Hdaddy

• Posting Member
Have any of you noticed if your estrogen levels went down due to the excision of the mass?

I have an estrogenic fat pattern, that kind of watery fat on the love handles, lower abs, baby face, I was wondering if there is a way to get that to go away?

I have about 16% body fat, and bench 295, so I am in shape, but that estrogenic fat is killin me

Goin in for a gyne surgery next week ;D

Offline The_G0rn

• Gold Member
I'm not really sure what your talking about? What is estrogenic fat? 
Google doesn't have anything written on it so it cant be real! hehe. :)

I might be wrong here but I thought breast glands (in males anyway) were more of a by-product of hormones, not producers of hormones themselves.  Perhaps someone else could confirm this?

Anyway if what i've said is true, then removed the glands would have no effect on the production of estrogen in your body.
Surgery done 18th March 2008

Offline mkit8971

• Bronze Member
Hmmm interesting question.  I've always wondered if getting the mass removed would decrease estrogen levels due to the body not having to support the mass anymore.  I'm eager to see what others say.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Nothing I've see would indicate that the breasts produce estrogen. The sole purpose of breast gland is to produce milk.

Removing (actually reducing) the breast glandular tissue should not alter your Estrogen level.
Grandpa Dan

Offline mkit8971

• Bronze Member
I agree Paa_Paw.  I guess this is why anti-estrogen creams dont work on gynecomastia.  Because if there were estrogen being produced to support the gland, then the anti-estrogen would stop the estrogen being produced therefore reducing the mass.  Seems logical? 

Offline Pragmatic

• Posting Member
But fat does cause an increase in estrogen, hence the feminine appearance when fat levels increase. 16% body fat is awesome. Are you doing cardio at a heart rate of 120-140 for 20-30 minute sprints in order to burn the fat in some of those areas? I love the row machine.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
You have mentioned Estrogenic fat. Are you meaning that your fat distribution is generally more gynecoid?

I had that type of fat distribution in my teens and twenties but normalized into a more masculine form in my thirties except for the breasts which only shrunk slightly. Also my feet are so narrow that I Hunt for the plainest shoes possible in the ladies shoes. My size in a man's shoe (if I could find it) is a 9B/C combination last.

If this sounds like your situation, an Endocrinologist may get to be your best friend.

Offline moobius

• Gold Member
removing the gland will have no impact on any of your hormone levels... and thus the estrogenic fat deposits your referring to will not be any easier to lose (i assume that was the point of the question)

for everyone else: he's referring to the stubborn fat stores that just seem to NOT go away despite how low the overall BF% is. these fat stores have a high number of Alpha-2 receptors and are very sensitive to estrogen. (in men this is the chest and "spare tire", while in women its generally hips/butt)

use of an alpha blocker supplemtn such as yohimbine HCL may help with with a strict diet. keep in mind insulin blunts the effect of Yohimbine

Offline Hdaddy

• Posting Member
Thanks a lot everyone, moobius answered my question perfectly about the fat,
Thanks for clearing up the hormone level.

So was the gyno caused by high estrogen? so would it not regrow when removed?

Offline MSJ108

Thanks a lot everyone, moobius answered my question perfectly about the fat,
Thanks for clearing up the hormone level.

So was the gyno caused by high estrogen? so would it not regrow when removed?

Have you had blood work done showing "high estrogen"?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
There is a possibility of regrowth, but the odds are very good in your favor as regrowth seldom occurs.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024