Author Topic: Close to surgery but estrogen levels are too high! Gilberts syndrome? Bilirubin.  (Read 3320 times)

Offline GQguy

• Posting Member
I'm another military guy hoping to have the surgery covered by the local doc. My flight surgeon performed several labs on me, most coming back normal except for my bilirubin levels and my estrogen levels. My bilirubin had a reading of 2.7 mg/dL with the normal range being (0.3-1.2mg/dL). My estradiol levels were high at 186pg/mL last Tuesday and 161pg/mL on Friday. My testosterone level is 3.69 ng/mL with the normal range being (1.75-7.81ng/mL).

It's apparent to me that the hormone levels need to be stabilized before I can go under the knife. I'm waiting on the endocrinologist, but in the meantime I'm helping the doc find some possible culprits.

I think Gilbert's syndrome is a likely cause seeing as all of my other liver functions seem to be fine save for the billirubin which I've had issues with since I was 15(I'm 29 now). But I'm not so sure about what course of action to take next. Has anyone seen estrogen levels so high? How does one keep that under check. Does anyone else with Gilberts syndrome have such high estrogen levels?

Any light that can be shed on my situation is greatly appreciated!

GQ 

Offline dallasguy12

• Bronze Member
  • Liason
Unfortunately I can't shed any light on your situation but this is potentially helpful information for me, as in the past my physician has suspected me to have Gilberts syndrome due to high bilirubin. I am an otherwise healthy 23 year old guy. If I get tested and this becomes an issue, I'll return to update you. I am hoping to have my surgery in the next couple of months.

Offline GQguy

• Posting Member
Thanks for your response. How are your estrogen levels? I'm figuring that my liver's inability to properly rid my body of bilirubin is also what's causing my estrogen levels to be so high.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024