Author Topic: 17 year old stuck with gyno  (Read 21411 times)

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
Yes, congratulations on the weight loss.  My son lost about the same amount of weight, at your age, BTW.  He had a little excess breast, primarily skin, but it went down pretty much on its own. 

I'm concerned that you look like you have pretty loose skin.  The plastic surgeon you meet with on the 11th may tell you the same thing.  It's hard to tell from photos alone; that's why a physical exam is so important.  You mentioned in your first post that you've RECENTLY lost the weight.  You need to expect that skin contraction will take a little longer than the weight loss.  If you do nothing now (and I'm not necessarily recommending that), your skin, at your young age, will contract some on its own.  You may very well now have a combination of excess breast tissue and excess skin, two separate problems.  It's common with excessive weight loss.  I'll be interested to hear what your plastic surgeon recommends after he/she examines you.  Keep us posted.  Nice thing about this site I've found; people here seem to be genuinely interested in your wellbeing.  Good luck on the 11th!

Dr. Pope, M.D.
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline Eldorko90

• Posting Member
  • Frank the Tank
Dear Dr. Pope

yea people told me it was excess skin too. but ive always had a saggy chest area and it remained the same after weight loss. i just hope he can remove whatever it is and comeout ok. i feel alot of hard tissue under my pecs. i work my chest out alot and have a very very strong upper chest. when people see my chest and complament the "birds chest" they try to feel and i make them touch the upper part because thats what i feel so happy about. its just the lower part that feels like saggy fat and tissue. i hope thats what it is so i can get it out of my life. thanks for your responce, it has helped. ill be sure to keep you all posted!

Frank

Offline Eldorko90

• Posting Member
  • Frank the Tank
so ive been waiting about a month for my appointment to c my surgan and friday is the day! im so excited! im even getting out of school early to go! what can i expect? what will he ask?

Offline Eldorko90

• Posting Member
  • Frank the Tank
so i did some research and here is my surgens site. what do u all think? i see her on friday

http://www.victoriacosmeticsurgery.com/About%20The%20Surgeon.htm

Offline cgeorge1

• Bronze Member
hey man great story, i was wondering though, what state do you live in. im just wondering because of the insurance.

Offline what2do?

• Silver Member
when you see the surgeon, make sure you ask them how often they perform gyne procedures.. also ask to see some before and after pics, goodluck ..

Offline Jim1985

• Bronze Member
    • Pre and post surgery photos
Well done of the weight loss, mate. I was in a similar position as you, lost weight then had surgery. There was no problem with skin retraction for me personally afterwards, but my surgeon wasn't great and left quite a bit of gland, removing mostly fat, so I got surgery again recently (9 days post op!). It's a great feeling to get rid of the gyne for good, as I'm sure you'll find out tomorrow. Let us know how the surgery goes and all the best for it!
Surgery 2nd April with Dr. Benito.

Offline Eldorko90

• Posting Member
  • Frank the Tank
remember all, tommorw im visiting surgen for 1st time but she already has all my info and insurance is set. i am hoping to be operated on by the end of this month

Offline Eldorko90

• Posting Member
  • Frank the Tank
im sooooooo excited. im off to school right now but am leaving at noon to go to the surgen!!!!! ill update as soon as i can! wish me luck

Offline Eldorko90

• Posting Member
  • Frank the Tank
so i went to my doctor and she said i have it bad! im getting lipo and the gyno tissue removed. she said it will be about a 3 hour surgury. we had to put a $2000 downpayment and total is 6000 including hospital fees. she said ima look great because of my weight loss. im so excited. my operation date is may 16!!!! ima be go to go for beach week! thank god! so now ima have to work super hard to lose as much weight as i can cuz in a month i wont be able to move haha. thanks again for all your positive comments. ps, the surgen is legit. she has so many awards from new york medical school and she has such good before and after pictures that i saw. im so excited!

Offline this_guy

• Posting Member
Congrats Frank! Your on your way to a firm flat chest, peel that shirt dude, enjoy the sun! One question, what happened to insurance covering it all? Hopefully they are at least covering something.

Offline Eldorko90

• Posting Member
  • Frank the Tank
yea my family doctor made a mistake but she is fixing it. we have to put the 2000 down but we will get it all back depending on how much will be covered. she said shes 90% sure they will cover because my case is bad. she took some pictures. she thinks i will have some of the best results shes ever had!

Offline cgeorge1

• Bronze Member
did you have to get a blood test to see what caused your gyne??

Offline Eldorko90

• Posting Member
  • Frank the Tank
im actually doing that tommorw

Offline Eldorko90

• Posting Member
  • Frank the Tank
so i went and got blood taken for my tests. my operation is may 16th! cant wait

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024