Author Topic: burning pain  (Read 3845 times)

Offline zip

I've had gynecomastia for a couple of years primarily due to the fact that I took some steroids a few years ago which I stopped pretty quickly, have taken nothing since and the gynecomastia had sort of stabilized over time.

unfortunately over the last 2 months, and for no particular reason, I have had this really bad burning pain around the nipples and it seems the gynecomastia is getting worse, the pain is intolerable and just refuses to go away plus the nipples are constantly puffy; the only change I can think of is that I've started working out recently but I can't see how this could lead to such pain around the breast and, I presume, increased estrogen levels.

If my estrogen levels have for some reason increased, is it possible to bring them back into line without taking long term meds and, if the levels are fine, does surgery actually relieve this sort of pain or will the gynecomastia related pain simply resume afterwards?

« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 11:11:08 PM by zip »

Offline Dave_8

• Gold Member
Ooooh, can't help you there. It's probably best that you go see a doc for that.
If you have gyne, dont expect not be laughed at.

Just like if you walk into a locker room, you're gonna see some hairy asses and dicks.

Unfortunately for me, both have occured in my life way too many times.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Ditto!

We men seem to think it is right to wait a while and see if something will resolve without treatment die at a much younger age than women. The reason is simple enough, They are much more willing to visit the Doctor.

Why have you endured the pain for two months already?

Pain should have propelled you to the Doctors office.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Doomed

• Posting Member
Hey, I'm not sure what steroids you took but to be honest with you - I would go to a Doctor and be 100% honest with them about what steroids you took and for how long and the associated gynecomastia that has surfaced since.  No Doctor is going to lecture you or not treat you properly regardless as to whether or not it was illegal (Doctor's treat drug addicts all the time).  Just be honest with them and they will likely do a complete blood test of the necessary hormones to see what is going on exactly.

Good Luck

Offline frustratedOz

• Posting Member
my case is exactly like yours with the difference I had surgery a year ago. I still have the constat burning sensation in my nipples and my gyno has come back. I've been to the endocrinologist and my hormone levels are all normal. I understand exactly how you feel, it is very frustrating..

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024