Author Topic: 2 surgeries with Fielding, 2006 and 2007  (Read 5635 times)

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
had first surgery in 2006 (excision and lipo) was happy about the results for about 1 month but it got worse over time.
after a few months, i called and Leslie told me to wait a year... i did, and went back to surgery 13 months after the first one.
second time i had lipo only. this time it never really looked good and it got worse over the past 2 years.
I spent a whole lot of money on surgery, i have scars and absolutely no improvement on my gyne...

Am i the only one ?
surgery did not work...:-(
Dr. Fielding (TO - Ontario : 416.766.8890) on august 9th, 2006 and revision on september 21st, 2007

Offline oldspice

• Silver Member
i remember seeing your pictures a while back. im guessing you already looked into this, but have you been to an endocrinologist? blood tests may help explain why the surgery did not work.

Offline G-Man99

• Silver Member
had first surgery in 2006 (excision and lipo) was happy about the results for about 1 month but it got worse over time.
after a few months, i called and Leslie told me to wait a year... i did, and went back to surgery 13 months after the first one.
second time i had lipo only. this time it never really looked good and it got worse over the past 2 years.
I spent a whole lot of money on surgery, i have scars and absolutely no improvement on my gyne...

Am i the only one ?

I'm in a similar situation.

I went for surgery in 2006 with Fielding. He did removed some gland but not enough IMO. Both sides were still puffy with the left being the worse. So I went for a consultation in 2007 and he was ready to do a cheap revision on my left side but told me it would me lipo only. He told me that couldn't be gland because it was gone and it was mostly fat. So I scheduled for the surgery on local in Arpil 2008 and he did lipo only procedure.

The result is that it's still puffy and you can clearly see the form of the gland. He just took out more fat so it make the puffyness more noticeable.

My case isn't dramatic as it does look better than before the initial surgery but I'm still thinking about looking for another surgery but not with Dr Fielding (I'm living in Quebec and won't do the ride another time, I'll be looking at a surgeon in MTL next time).

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
ya... i remember you  Gman, we had surgery pretty much at the same  time...

i saw an endocrinologist. he says there is nothing wrong with me in terms of hormones... so no explanation why surgery didnt work....
Fielding was actually very surprised to see me cause he thought the first surgery went well. after the second surgery (which i didnt pay for) he said he went very aggressively (and i felt this...) so it should be fine...
it wasnt fine... AT ALL

i can't pay to go back to Toronto especially because i would need to go for a consult and  go back for a 6th time for a potential third surgery...a bit fed up...
hopping i'll be able to go see a surgeon in montreal soon!

Offline G-Man99

• Silver Member
Hey Brebguy,

I just found the site of Dre Duclos in MTL:

http://www.dreduclos.com/fr/pectoraux.html

The gynecomastia section is pretty good IMO.

I thought I would let you know!

Good luck

Offline KWS86

• Bronze Member
Brebguy and Gman:

Are you guys otherwise in shape? Not to offend, but I've read a few posts from other people who are unhappy with their initial surgeries and when I see their pictures, they don't exactly seem like fitness gurus. Not that I'm one to talk, but just how severe were your cases? Are you active gentlemen? Do you lead a healthy lifestyle? Are you obese? Can you post pics?

Here's me: http://img268.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=imm20090920175149347.jpg

I'm considering surgery with Fielding. I believe I have a pretty mild case. I kind of think those lumps at the end of my chest are gyne. If he takes those out, the only problems I really see running into is reshaping the chest. I don't think I have a ton of excess fat to be sucked out. That's why I'm curious as to how severe your cases are.

Offline G-Man99

• Silver Member
Let's just say that I'm a former Varsity athlete and I'm in a pretty good shape. I do sports at least 5 times a week. I'm now 28.

My case was worst than yours and I my left side now looks like slighty better than yours (no offense ;)). I don't have pics but maybe I'll try to post a few later.

Good luck!

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
i'm in very good shape

Brebguy and Gman:

Are you guys otherwise in shape? Not to offend, but I've read a few posts from other people who are unhappy with their initial surgeries and when I see their pictures, they don't exactly seem like fitness gurus. Not that I'm one to talk, but just how severe were your cases? Are you active gentlemen? Do you lead a healthy lifestyle? Are you obese? Can you post pics?

Here's me: http://img268.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=imm20090920175149347.jpg

I'm considering surgery with Fielding. I believe I have a pretty mild case. I kind of think those lumps at the end of my chest are gyne. If he takes those out, the only problems I really see running into is reshaping the chest. I don't think I have a ton of excess fat to be sucked out. That's why I'm curious as to how severe your cases are.

Offline KWS86

• Bronze Member
Well, I'm also realizing that neither of you guys are posting before or after pictures?

I find it hard to really absorb what you mean when you say the surgery failed when there's nothing to examine. I've also noticed that a lot of the people who do post their pictures in the "Revision" forum are overly critical of their results. Granted they should be because it's their body, but I'm very curious to see each of your cases. All I seem to hear is positive things about Fielding... aside from this post.

I have no reason to doubt either of you, I'm just very curious to see exactly what you started with and what your results are. Maybe a failure to you would be a success to me.

I know I have a mild case of gyne, but it's a case that has bothered me for many years none the less. I'm very tempted to go with Fielding and so far I've only been exposed to his successes.

So, if possible, I'd love to see.

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
i have posted before and after pics already... well after my first surgery at least... not after the second one but the result was pretty much the same (old spice mentionned it earlier)
Fielding said the first surgery gave me an improvement of less than 20 % which was barely noticeable considering my case. True, i wasnt happy with my results, but Feilding was himself very surprised to see the end result.

you can doubt me if you want... its the world wide web. i'm not trying to discourage anyone from going with Fielding (I know he is a very good surgeon) and am not judging your case or your level of discomfort (this is not at stake here)...  the fact is i still spent quite a bit of money on this and still walk around curving my back to try and hide my gyne.

I'm basically looking for people who might have went through surgery and were still unhappy with the results, maybe even after revision.

My before and after pictures can be seen in my prior posts.... (from last year)

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
thanks for the info Gman

Hey Brebguy,

I just found the site of Dre Duclos in MTL:

http://www.dreduclos.com/fr/pectoraux.html

The gynecomastia section is pretty good IMO.

I thought I would let you know!

Good luck

Offline KWS86

• Bronze Member
Wow brebguy... I must say, your case is definitely one for the textbooks. Even just looking at your before pictures, the shape to your chest is rather unique.

I didn't even learn about gyne until this past Thursday. I always just assumed I was chubby and that's why I never had a toned chest. I don't know if you looked at my pictures or not, but I believe I have a rather mild case. Regardless, I discovered this whole community by Googling "puffy nipples" because I've had them (especially the left) since I was around 10 or 12. I'm a naturally big bodied guy, but this is probably the most trim I've been since I was... 6? I'm about 6'1" and 200 pounds. I'm far from skinny, but I seem to have lost weight every where on my body... except for the bottom corners of my chest. That's what spawned my curiosity.

Anyways, the search results showed me a number of different things, but what jumped out and grabbed my attention were other men with puffy nipples. That's when I stumbled upon these forums and so on and so forth. Your chest is unique though... the way that it hangs and the nipples (or areolas I should say) don't really seem to protrude or be puffy. Maybe I'm talking out my ass here, but it's almost as if it lacks some sort of structure. I just can't logically figure that after having the gland removed and the lipo done that it could go back to the same state. Like, did the gland reform? Or did the fat just accumulate in exactly the same place again?

Maybe you're barking up the wrong tree with gyne surgery. If you're willing to have spent this much money already... and on a trusted surgeon who is baffled by the outcome... maybe pec implants or something is a more realistic avenue? Or just straight up getting lipo and then gettin your skin trimmed.

Bro, I gotta say I don't envy your situation... but shoot, you're two surgeries deep already. I suppose the third time could be a charm... or maybe just a waste of time.

I'd really like to know how your story plays out. Good luck.

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
Wow brebguy... I must say, your case is definitely one for the textbooks. Even just looking at your before pictures, the shape to your chest is rather unique.

You sure have a way to cheer people up...

i dont think my case is so unique, maybe just a somewhat severe case, although i have seen worst.
my nipples are still quite puffy but if there was an improvement after the first surgery, it might have been there. i guess the problem is the fat that sticks there. which is quite surprising since lipo removes most fat cells and it is unlikelly that fat returns to the exact same location (my understanding of the procedure)

pec implants ? i dont see how that would help, i already have good pecs under there, no need to make them bigger...
did the lipo with revision, didnt help.
surgery is never a charm (especially not the second one)

i'll let you guys know how things go, when i actually do something about it. Not willing to do anything as of now.
later!

Offline KWS86

• Bronze Member
brebguy, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend. All I meant is that your chest seems to have a significant amount of droop to it. You're approaching 30 as well, so your chest has most likely become quite acustomed to hanging in that position. If you haven't experienced any gland regrowth, then maybe a skin reduction and chest lift is more so what would help with the fat build up there. Or maybe some sort of implant at the bottom for structure?

I'm not a surgeon... but I have been studying a ton of cases. Yours is unique, plain and simple. There's not many that I've encountered that have experienced little to no improvement after two surgeries unless they have other issues.

Please believe me bro, my goal was never to discourage you. I'm very sincere when I say that I wish you the best of luck and would like to hear how your story unfolds.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...

I've seen many cases such a brebguy's. I've seen pics of G ranging from slight puffies to full-figured breasts. There are many guys out there with similar G to BG's.

Definitely not the 'rarity' that you speak of...  ;)

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024