Author Topic: how did you decide to pay for surgery?  (Read 1503 times)

Offline mooninite

• Posting Member
i'm saving up cash right now, but it'd be a year or two before i can scrape up enough cash to pay for the surgery if it's around 7k.  i want to not be in debt with a loan that's got a crazy APR, but i also want to get it over with asap and start really enjoying my life....kinda feel like i answered my own question just now writing that, but i'll still ask

did you decide to A) save and pay with no debt or B) get a loan and pay it off for however long?  i doubt i'll get insurance to cover it, really need to schedule a few consultations.  appreciate the feedback

Offline Raboze

• Bronze Member
I took a bank loan of 3000$ and pay ~70$ a month now for 5 years. The rest of the money I had saved up.
70$ a month is not really a big deal, and once you think about it, being happy and satisfied after surgery is priceless -- find the right surgeon and get it done asap!

Offline corvette09

• Bronze Member
Remember if you decide to pay cash don't forget to negotiate the cost. You should be able to get at least 5% off. Good luck..

Offline snugglebandit

• Posting Member
School loan....shhhhh.

I actually feel pretty guilty about it, and am sorry I had to take money that is supposed to be used for other things, but after eight years I was feeling pretty damn desperate.

Offline GQguy

• Posting Member
Military is covering mine.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024