Author Topic: Genie Bra  (Read 19703 times)

Offline phm

• Bronze Member
Hammer, you are a mess!  I don't even know how to begin with the Bra Lady store this morning.  First she told me I could leave my tee shirt on for the measurement.  Then she asked me if I would mind taking off the shirt. When I turned to her after taking the shirt off her response was, " oh my word,  I didn't know you had breast".  What the hell did she think I was doing there?  So she measures me again, figures out what size I am and writes it down on a piece of paper and hands it too me.  Now she and I are the only two in the fitting room and she whispers too me that I am a 48dd.    Oh man!  Starting to feel like a freak show here.  She goes out and I can hear her telling the woman out in the store about me and she returns with bras that look like something a hooker would wear.  Thats it, I'm outta here.  There is more to the story but I think you get the picture. I didn't give here any grief when I left but I am certain she knew I was pissed.  You know what?  Life is good.  Hell with her. 

hammer

Sorry to hear that! She was far from professional, a call to her boss may be warranted. I wonder if her treatment of you would have been different, had your lovely wife gone with you on this wonderful outing. I know that it should have not made a difference her being there but, most guys talk about bringing a female along.

I can see that Linda the Bra Lady will not be getting any sales from my southern double D brother! Us double D bros got to stick together, I won't give them any business either!

Offline phm

• Bronze Member
Hey Yankee Brother.  This woman was the owner of the store and I don't believe her store is part of a chain.  As I said in my last post the bras she brought in for me to try looked like something a hooker would wear.  Not that I would know what a hooker wears.  Been along time since R & R in South East Asia.  R & R in South East Asia....  I'm about to loose my train of thought. Anyway, I told her I did not like the styles but she wanted me to try one on to check the size.  It fit.  It also had a price tag of $93.00. Did not like the smirk on her face as she checked the fit. Totally unprofessional.  As the day has passed, I am starting to get a laugh out of this entire deal.  Those Just My Size bras will do me just fine.  Can't believe I'm sitting here talking about a bra fitting.  Oh well like I said, life is good.  Take it easy Brother.  By the way, Redneck?  Thats fair.

hammer

Maybe she found out your size and was jealous! Anyway, you can laugh about it now!

Just think, we live at opposite ends, or should I say, I'm up on top of the good old USof A and you are down towards the bottom, but we are both a couple of old "red necks".

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
And I'm within an hours drive of the left coast.
Grandpa Dan

hammer

Paa_Paw that is exactly what we call it up here too, the left coast!

Offline phm

• Bronze Member
We call it the same thing down here also.  I'm about three hours from the right coast and about the same from the bottom coast. 

hammer

I lived in Norfolk VA for about 3.5 years! GO NAVY! Us divers always did it deeper!

Offline 46bboobs

• Silver Member
I wear normal bras except at work where I have been going without.
I was thinking of trying one of the AHH bras. I know they wont give that much support but it should be better than nothing. Should be easy to hide. I have not seen any firm support sports bras around in stores that look like they hide well. All the larger ones have had molded cups or hook closures.

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
I have a Nike sports bra that is a compression type (one of the Combat series) that is listed for A/B, they have them for larger, and I like it a lot.  Pull over, which is very difficult to get on when sweaty or high humidity like just after shower, but is comfortable and much more supportive than others I have found.  Marshalls has them for $15.  Retail is like $25.  I picked up a Nike x-back bra, but I can't connect the band in back because of an injury.  Again, Nike lists some of their sports bras by A/B or C/D or larger sizes.  I often get frustrated at a XL size (my size) and end up with a D-DD cup that does nothing to support.

I wear normal bras except at work where I have been going without.
I was thinking of trying one of the AHH bras. I know they wont give that much support but it should be better than nothing. Should be easy to hide. I have not seen any firm support sports bras around in stores that look like they hide well. All the larger ones have had molded cups or hook closures.

Offline 46bboobs

• Silver Member
I live in the middle of nowhere. Walmart is an hour away. None of the stores I have been to have larger sports bras, except for ones with molded cups or hook backs. I have bought some online, but they never fit. Seems like I have to see them in person. Walmart George 40C fits well.

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
What I have learned, ones with hooks are much less forgiving on band size.  Pull overs have to be a bit looser.

Yeah, molded cups aren't the ticket to be as hidden.  I have one that does have molded cups, but it works good for me, I have measured with/without that bra on and it is no difference in size.  So sometimes molded may not be bad.  This was on a Champion sports bra from Target.  My only complaint is the sides can be a bit short and can be a bit uncomfortable as the sides will spill over and the band will roll some.  Got a lot of miles on that one.  Since I found the Nike Combat, it is soooo much better made and supportive.

My wife just bought (I forced her to) 2 Champion sports bras and they are hook and eye, but I did try it and it is very comfortable.  If I got one down one cup size it would be a really good one.   

I live in the middle of nowhere. Walmart is an hour away. None of the stores I have been to have larger sports bras, except for ones with molded cups or hook backs. I have bought some online, but they never fit. Seems like I have to see them in person. Walmart George 40C fits well.

Offline phm

• Bronze Member
Been on the 140 cultivator for the last week.  These DD dudettes feel like they are hanging down to my knees.  Don't waste your money on the genie bra or anything like it.  No support at all if you have larger breast.  As I said before, this can get real expensive figuring out which bra works the best.  Just my size works the best for me. Holy Cow!  Never thought I would recommending a bra that works to another man.  You know what?  Glad I can help.

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
Lost me there, sorry!

Been on the 140 cultivator for the last week. 

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
These are farm boys. The 140 mounts to a farm tractor.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024