Author Topic: gynecomastia in one breast?  (Read 7357 times)

Offline zjbi87

Hey Im 22 years old 6ft 190lbs I've had this in both breast at one point when i was like 13 but then one went away and one stayed... Im so over having this. . I've hidden it from everyone except my mom. We went to see a plastic surgen at like 16 but.it was too much.. I really still.don't have the money to do it but.does anyone have any advice? I only.have it in one breast so i don't know if it would.be any less? Seems like most people are saying around 5-6k but i can't remember what i was quoted just know i couldn't afford it.  Thanks for any help

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
In my practice I charge less if only one breast is affected.  You have to be careful though; if you only correct one side, the other side, which could be mildly affected by gyne, could look bigger.  I have a unilateral case (before and after photos) on my website (see URL address below).  Check the plastic surgeons in your area.  It can't hurt to make a few calls and see if they charge less if only one side is affected.

Dr. Pope, MD
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
True one-sided gyne is quite rare.  Usually both sides are involved, but one side is much bigger and thus draws the attention.  Surgery just on the affected side can be done -- and the fee is certainly less -- but it is exceedingly difficult to accurately match to the other side if (as is usually the case) the other side is affected as well.

Usually I will recommend both sides be done and each side made as good as is possible.  Usually, the results are fairly symmetric.

Dr Jacobs

Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline zjbi87

I mean literaly my other one looks completely normal. I honestly wouldn't be concerned if they wernt both exactly the same. I could deal w them looking a little different but one flat and one big is super embarrassing i think worse then just having both effected. Having just 1 is SUPER noticeable. The main thing Im trying to figure out is a round about price. Has anyone had this done? When i did get mine looked at i do recall them saying that my other one did not need to be done in their opinion just that i should build a little muscle in it. I just can't remember the price for the life of me. I just blocked it out because my parents didn't have the money.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
take note of what they said.  it's the exception but it happens.  keep in mind that it will reduce the surgeon's fee but still not cut the total op cost in half since a lot of it is also other costs like anesthesiologist etc.  it will make matching harder than a symmetric case but still hopefully close.  
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024