Author Topic: Please answer my questions on gyne!  (Read 2215 times)

Offline Johnydon

• Posting Member
Hi all,

i am now 30yrs. 80 kg, 5'9" tall. 
Earlier in my childhood I was suffering from so called Childhood Asthma which vanished when i was above the 14 yrs of my age. But i think i medications that i received during the Ashthma diagnosis has given me this such big Boobs.

I remember the day when i was just 8-9 yeard old.. my mom took me in the room and told me to take out my shirt. she stared at my chest... didnt said anything to me ... I was at that time then started feeling uneasy in tshirts.. always pulling the tshirts/shirts in front.with my hands..!

From then onwards... i started isolating from friends and group of people ...

From my school-college and then at work .... no one told me(not even my friends) that i have something abnormal moobs blah blah((may be becoz i avoided most of the social get to gathers/ functions)... but some stared at my chest ... i used to detest them and never meet such people whom i caught staring at my moobs...!!! I avoided talking and making girl friends fearing of my moobs!.

my QUESTIONS are:

1) After how many days after surgery i can go back to work?(my job is sitting at computer with frequent online meetings with clients)

2) Wearing Lycra Garments(for compression) can i go to work ... above that garments if i wear shirt... is that garments(Lycra) noticeable ? (since i work along with girls in close proximity)

3)For surgery , should i take someone with me OR alone i can go to hospital and get the procedure done? (since i dont like saying to my friends or family about it)

4) What are the precautions that i need to take after surgery? Are they too tough to follow?

5)Do i need to lose some weight? (Since i am considering doing the surgery in Nov/Dec)

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
1)  You'll only be off work for a couple of days. Reaching and lifting are the activities you'll need to avoid but it sounds like you don't do that anyway.

2)  Your compression garments will be no more or less evident than would a tee shirt.

3)  Because you will be sedated or even anesthetized, you will need someone to take you home It might be a good idea to have someone around for the first 24 hours as well to care for you. We all deserve to be spoiled once ina while, This is one of those times when it  is nice to be pampered.

4)  Except for lifting and reaching as noted above, you can probably doanything you find comfortable and not painful.

5)  If you are planning to lose some weight, then it is best to do that before the surgery.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Johnydon

• Posting Member
Thanks a lot for answering my each and every question patiently!

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
And thank you for making your questions so clear and easy to answer.

Please forgive my rudenes for not properly welcoming you at that time.

Anyhow, welcome aboard, you are among friends here.

Offline Johnydon

• Posting Member
Hello Grandpa .
How are u ? Hope u doing well.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Yes I am still here and doing reasonably well. I am sending you a personal message. 

Offline chifer

• Posting Member
Hi! If you appreciate to have someone else answering the questions too (after Paa_Paw already gave good answers, these are simply complementary), then here you go.

1) Basically you can go back to work four or five days later. The only issue may be how far away from work you live, as I experienced that travel is not as comfortable and you may want to wait up to 10 days.

2) Depends on what garment you have. I also have a desk job and had only once where a colleague noticed something during a one-on-one meeting. My compression vest had a zipper that came up quite high, and one day when wearing a T-shirt that was a bit deeper around the neck, it peeked out. My colleague asked what that was. I basically just explained that I had tor my muscle over the weekend and I had to wear something for a few days to heal. The compression vest was good because of the sensitivity of the wounds shortly after surgery. After 4 weeks, I went back to wearing my "normal" compression garment and that is really less noticeable. But except for that one encounter, it's really doable to have a desk j

3) Yes, it is good to have someone who takes care of you. In my case, only my wife and my direct superior know. And it wasn’t my superior taking care of me ;-)

4) The precautions are really okay. The pain feels more like a muscle ache and other than that, you just need to “listen to your own body” in terms of what it can handle. To me it didn’t really feel like I was limited. I just had to get used to only sleeping on my back the first 3 or so weeks, because it was very uncomfortable to sleep on the side.

5) Apparently it is being recommended but I intend to lose weight especially afterwards. I did exercise in the few months before it though.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024