Author Topic: Surgery Booked With Dr Levick  (Read 16114 times)

Offline ken979

• Posting Member
Hello everyone

I made it, I woke up, I'm alive and what looks like to be a completely flat chest!
I have no idea what I was worried about - I don't want to speak too soon or get my hopes up but - seriously I haven't looked at my chest yet
but I already feel like I have made the best decision of my life, Dr Levick, said "wait until you see
your burger shots". He also said "santa has come early"
He really is a lovely man and the staff at the hospital are beyond helpful, anyone at all
wanting to do this will not regret it!

I will upload them tomorrow and then the rest on Christmas Eve after a shower, before I don
the compression garment for the next 6 weeks I think!?

:-)

Doctor Levick is wonderful and so is every one on this forum  :) Definitely recommend Mr Levick.
I have had surgery with Mr Levick at 19/11/2014

Offline Glennjamin

• Posting Member
Well done maurice, I'm probably a couple rooms down from you, had mine yesterday too. Been feeling great since I woke up from the anaesthetic, no issues at all.

The water jacket vest under the binder is doing wonders for the swelling, think I'm having a little ache of pain creeping into my upper pectoral region now but the night shift nurses said they can fix that whenever!

Looking forward to seeing the pictures actually. I've barely looked at anything under the binder yet, but I can tell the glands are gone. I wasn't huge, maybe an inch and a half but with very puffy nipples, but Levick said a lot came out, not much fat in my case. Happy with my decision, they were never going to go.

Best luck with you recovery. I'm personally going to use a under garment compression t shirt (like under armour) under my proper compression vest to reduce the body to vest friction, keep things more comfortable. I'm talking one week after the binder wearing though obviously.

Glenn

Offline bagels

• Posting Member
Well done maurice, I'm probably a couple rooms down from you, had mine yesterday too. Been feeling great since I woke up from the anaesthetic, no issues at all.

The water jacket vest under the binder is doing wonders for the swelling, think I'm having a little ache of pain creeping into my upper pectoral region now but the night shift nurses said they can fix that whenever!

Looking forward to seeing the pictures actually. I've barely looked at anything under the binder yet, but I can tell the glands are gone. I wasn't huge, maybe an inch and a half but with very puffy nipples, but Levick said a lot came out, not much fat in my case. Happy with my decision, they were never going to go.

Best luck with you recovery. I'm personally going to use a under garment compression t shirt (like under armour) under my proper compression vest to reduce the body to vest friction, keep things more comfortable. I'm talking one week after the binder wearing though obviously.

Glenn

Hi Glenn,

Your condition sounds like mine, got puffy nipples but I've not got a lot of fat. Hope you can keep updating your progress as I am looking to move forward and have it done so any extra info is a big help. Is that the end of the puffyness then?

Offline maurice212303

• Bronze Member
Hey Glenn

Well done on your surgery, How did it go for you? I am currently awake at home and the pain has started - So I am hitting the pain killers - First night sleep at home didn't go well - tight chest and side pains.

My glands were massive, I have seen the pictures - it's unbelievable - It's so strange to see beneath the binder and be completely flat chested - It really feels worth it already.

Did anyone on here have tingly nipple pain and a tight pain in the centre of your chest?

Offline Glennjamin

• Posting Member
It went well I must say, it's been a different experience but a necessary one. Make sure you really keep on top of your pain killers and anti-biotics, it'll make getting through these earlier days so much easier. Just for sleeping you might want to consider taking the codeine to really take the edge off it and the drowsiness will help you sleep. Don't make a habit of that though, it's just helping me with these early days.

I don't have the same pain you've described, I think everyone is different. All my is along the top line of the binder & armpit areas where I have some serious bruising already.

@Bagels - I've created a separate thread for my experience in order to not interfere on Maurice's journey here. I'll still keep checking by since we were both operated on on the same day. It'll be interesting to see how we both progress. Best of luck!

Offline maurice212303

• Bronze Member
Well it's day 2 and I am getting used to this really uncomfortable binder - I am going to keep wearing it for the week and then on top of the compression vest that I bought online.  I am handling the pain quite well - Like you Glenn I too have pain along the top of the chest - I also have some under the armpits and Swelling there as well but I am guessing it's normal and the swelling will subside.

Here are my before and after pics with Burgers - I hope my nipples shrink in size too

Offline Glennjamin

• Posting Member
Looks amazing Maurice, that's such an incredible difference, it's already completely transformed the shape of your chest. I know the swelling makes it tricky to get a full appreciation this early but you can see enough! How's your bruising today? Mine really started to come out today.

Offline maurice212303

• Bronze Member
I know it's crazy isn't it  I spent years trying to build some pecs and finally under all of that crap they ae there  ;D - I am doing fine - haven't had much bruising (or I don't know about it because the binder is still super tight) yet and I am hoping it'll stay that way - maybe the arnica tablets and pineapple juice are working. I am getting tight pulling sensations now that again I have read is completely normal.  For me sleeping on my back is killing me with the binder - I'm a front guy!!!!  How are you getting on? any pain?

Offline maurice212303

• Bronze Member
Hey everyone - so i am on day 5 now and the Binder has been tightened today - 2 person job!!! I had a sneak peak and everything looks flat and I have absolutely no bruising at all apart from under my pits and the top of the binder.

My nipples at the moment are still a little large and they seem a little low - not that I have ever known a difference to where they were before :)

I wondered if any of you have had the same experience and if the skin has tightened up on it's own? I know i am probably over thinking things but hey It is only day 5 and i think i can a little.

Thanks 

Offline Bobby - LAgyne

• Gold Member
Congrats and I wish you no loose skin!

Those glands look massive and the results, great already! Do you know the weight of glands?

---Bobby

Offline maurice212303

• Bronze Member
Hi there DAY 7 Post op

So yes the breast tissue was huge which makes me think my recovery is going to take longer than i thought previously.

So here I am binder day removal + shower (thank goodness) - So I have taken it off and im pretty impressed with the skin retraction on my left side but the right side seems a  little bit lower and looks like there is a bit of fluid in there I also think it may be from my posture and the way I am standing for the photograph.

All in all I am happy at the moment -  I have a flat chest and I am sure (hope that the other side will follow - I am wearing the compression vest with binder over it for the next three weeks to maximize the compression underneath.

I wonder if any one else has experianced this - I am not going to panic or contact Dr Levick because it has only been a week and I have done everything that he said - So i'm keeping calm and carrying on!!!

here are some pics -

Merry Christmas Everyone

Offline Bobby - LAgyne

• Gold Member
Looks really good already and I'm sure it will improve over the next few months.

Congrats!

Offline Glennjamin

• Posting Member
Looks like a great start given it's only been a week Maurice. I see what you mean about the right side looking a bit different but everything should settle down with time. You still have the big swelling bulges at the front armpit incision area, as do I, think they'll take a bit longer to go down (as long as you finish your course of anti-biotics). You also have to give the skin some time to retract because of the size of your glands. The main thing I find amazing is the side profile of how flat your chest is already, not a bad xmas present after just a week!

Offline maurice212303

• Bronze Member
Cheers! I am quite happy - I understand that after only a week I am at a good stage - I have ad the vest on for a couple of days with the binder over it and I had a peek yesterday and I am happy with what i saw - tighter retraction and smaller nipples.  The lumps under my armpits are annoying me but - the gyne annoyed me for longer so I will get over it - my gyne was so severe that even the luxury of wearing a tshirt without any protrusion is incredible.  I can't wait to go swimming at my local swimmimg pool.

Offline maurice212303

• Bronze Member
Hello everyone Day 11

I thought I would post some day 11 pics - I am really quite shocked and happy with the results so far - excuse the belly that is what the diet is gonna be for.

Still my right side is a little lower but its changed significantly in just a few days.

Right side view

Left side view

All in all - I am really happy so far!!!!!!

Lots of smiles - I got lots of t shirts for Christmas and some swimming shorts that I keep trying on and grinning in the mirror

hope you are all well!!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024