Author Topic: Morning coffee chat, any topic:  (Read 45326 times)

p.r.1974

Indeed! It is not worth arguing with the self righteous and willfully ignorant.

Offline Justagirl💃

• When life gives you curves, Flaunt them! 🤗
When life gives you curves,
flaunt them! 💃
💋Birdie💋

Offline Justagirl💃

They have laws against discrimination because of hairstyle in Texas:

The Texas CROWN Act was recently signed by the governor, making it yet another state to pass a law regarding hair discrimination.

Gov. Greg Abbot over the 2023 Memorial Day weekend signed the bill into law.

Offline Justagirl💃

They have laws against discrimination because of hairstyle in Texas:

The Texas CROWN Act was recently signed by the governor, making it yet another state to pass a law regarding hair discrimination.

Gov. Greg Abbot over the 2023 Memorial Day weekend signed the bill into law.
Now that I know there are laws against discriminating over hairstyles in Texas, I will wear a pony tail every day. 😉

At least it was only employees this time and not upper management that had a problem with it. 🤔

Offline Evolver

Well, it's been an interesting day today. Staff is fighting amongst themselves about mandatory services being cancelled, making them non-mandatory instead.

But I also decided to wear a pony tail today, and that didn't go over well with about half the staff members. I have been told by several that I need a hair cut, not a pony tail.

I'm following the rules, but still making waves I guess. One staff member was very adamant about not buying into gender fluidity and how there are only two genders. She wasn't worth arguing with.
Let me guess, some of the staff who are complaining about the services becoming non-mandatory are the same ones complaining about long hair and one of them would also be the one complaining about the whole gender thing. I would imagine that devout christianity is a factor in all this.

Do us a favor, if you dare. Remind her that Jesus Christ had long hair, and before she can respond, suggest to her that JC must have been a girl! ;D

Offline Justagirl💃

Well, it's been an interesting day today. Staff is fighting amongst themselves about mandatory services being cancelled, making them non-mandatory instead.

But I also decided to wear a pony tail today, and that didn't go over well with about half the staff members. I have been told by several that I need a hair cut, not a pony tail.

I'm following the rules, but still making waves I guess. One staff member was very adamant about not buying into gender fluidity and how there are only two genders. She wasn't worth arguing with.
Let me guess, some of the staff who are complaining about the services becoming non-mandatory are the same ones complaining about long hair and one of them would also be the one complaining about the whole gender thing. I would imagine that devout christianity is a factor in all this.

Do us a favor, if you dare. Remind her that Jesus Christ had long hair, and before she can respond, suggest to her that JC must have been a girl! ;D
Yes, and wasn't it their Jesus that said, "the one without sin should cast the first stone?"

Offline Justagirl💃

Good morning ☕,

It's finally the weekend after such an interesting week.
I'll be doing a bit of window shopping today and pick up a bite to eat at the mall.
I finally get to wear a tank top again, and I'm definitely wearing one out and about today. It feels so liberating after being stuck in button-ups all week.

What do y'all have planned today?

Offline Justagirl💃

Good morning ☕,

Breakfast this morning was lamb stir-fry and coffee. 

Yesterday was a splendid day shopping and today will be glued to my sewing machine making modifications to some outfits. 

What are you doing today?

Offline taxmapper

Was going to go fishing, but my foot has been quite sore the last week or so, and decided to just hang out at home and learn about the Sea Peoples, Phonecian and the collaps of the bronze age.. 

Exciting!! 

Offline taxmapper

Little sore today. 

woke up with pressure outward and am a bit sore overall. 

I think I am hitting another growth spurt today. 

Offline Justagirl💃

I think I am done growing finally. 
I'm really glad because replacing all my bras every 3 months was getting expensive. 

Offline Evolver

I am now officially retired. Couldn't be happier. :D A dozen other colleagues also finished up today; my only regret is that I will miss out on an almighty pissup due to a previous engagement.

Offline Justagirl💃

I am now officially retired. Couldn't be happier. :D A dozen other colleagues also finished up today; my only regret is that I will miss out on an almighty pissup due to a previous engagement.
Congratulations and welcome to the club. 

You will have plenty of time for a few pissups of your own, but I understand this last go would have been special as well.
Nothing like having a good send off with your old workmates. 

Offline tryingtoaccept

• Silver Member
  • Nothing is impossible, merely expensive.
I look forward to retiring someday. I am 50 so I still have at least 15 more years.  Unless I win Publishers Clearing House or the lottery 😀🫰
Redfox 🦊

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024