Author Topic: Morning coffee chat, any topic:  (Read 45252 times)

Offline Justagirl💃

• When life gives you curves, Flaunt them! 🤗
Good morning ☕,

Couldn't sleep again last night so I tweaked my potato salad recipe a bit. 
I made a batch that very closely resembles grandma's potato salad. If seems "red" onion and "fresh" ground pepper were needed to bring out the flavor I was hoping for. 

Funny how we entertain ourselves when we are retired. 🤔
When life gives you curves,
flaunt them! 💃
💋Birdie💋

Offline taxmapper

Well retirement for me is going to be a long way off. 

In order to collect full amounts I have to be on the job another 20 years. 

:(

And by then Social Security will be at 95. 

Offline Justagirl💃

Good morning internet campers ☕,

Yesterday was quite entertaining as they hired a new nurse at the center to administer medications. Yesterday was my first interaction with her in casual conversation.

Due to her position, I'm sure my medical records have already been made available and reviewed. The AMAB designation would be apparent as well.

She was giving me glancing lookovers as we talked, and I caught her several times sizing up my chest (I'm bigger breasts than she is).

Nothing was said or asked, but I did notice that she rather obviously avoided pronouns. Not that I care, and I think the pronoun thing is largely mostly political anyway.

I'm sure there was some interesting conversation back in the nurse station yesterday afternoon. I wish I could hear through walls. 😉

Offline Justagirl💃

Good afternoon!

Today was quite the experience as I decided on highlights and toner for my hair at the salon.

I wore a very revealing tank over a strapless push-up bra, so the girls were "front and center".
I'll never know if it's courtesy or not, but I was addressed as ma'am all day including the food court and bus ride home.

After compliments over my natural color, the girl went to work. Two hours later I have a very strawberry blond with lots of depth and texture. I will have to remember how she styled my hair because I looked amazing afterwards. She brought out my natural curls and got them styled just right.
It only cost me $120.00 😲, but it was well worth it after the horrible Friday I had.

The lady mentioned, "are you taking medications hun, because you have some thinning going on?"
At 60 I'm not going to worry about a bit of thinning.

I had a wonderful time, and very rewarding conversation with the girls. I didn't get any shopping in today, nor could I afford any.
My budget for this month is a bit used up so I'll keep things down to window shopping for now. 😉

Hope y'all had a great day as well.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2023, 05:09:15 AM by Justagirl »

Offline gotgyne

Birdie, your pics are impressive.
A bra is just an article of clothing for people with breasts.

Offline Justagirl💃

Birdie, your pics are impressive.
Well, thank you very much. 💞💃💖

Offline Justagirl💃

Good afternoon,

The weekend is winding down and tomorrow will be the start of five days of stuffy button-up blouses and conservative dress to keep the powers at be "happy".

It was quite liberating to spend the weekend in tank tops, and going about my business without concern. My new hairstyle from the salon raised nary a comment from anyone in my building, I wonder how the day-centre will take my brighter strawberry blond hair and wavy curls. 🤔

Tomorrow I'll arrive in very conservative dress, but I'll style my hair a tad on the wild side to push the envelope a bit. "Stir the pot", so to speak.

It was a wonderful weekend, and very relaxing. I couldn't have asked for a better one.

How was your weekend?

Offline Justagirl💃

Good morning ☕,

I never thought I would be "happy" to see 69 degrees outside in the morning, but with the hot weather we have had it's a nice treat. 

I almost wore my new earrings into the day-centre this morning but decided against it. I will already be "stirring the pot" with my new strawberry blond wavy curls hair style I got at the salon. 
I watched carefully how she styled it so I can do the same at home. It's called the "messy look", and your just use your fingers and hair dryer without a brush. It really brings out the curls. 
I'll see if anything is said about it. 

Hope y"all have a great day today!

Offline taxmapper

Offline Justagirl💃

Just arrived at the center and a "new" employee addressed me as ma'am getting off the bus. 

I'll most likely get in trouble for that one too. 🙄

They are very insistent on dressing your gender policy here!

Offline Justagirl💃

Just arrived at the center and a "new" employee addressed me as ma'am getting off the bus.

Yup, I need to quit misrepresenting myself. 

Funny, I didn't say anything. I just got on the Lift ramp and she called me ma'am. 

I'm very very androgynous, I can't help it. 🙄

Offline Justagirl💃

Yup, I need to quit misrepresenting myself.

Funny, I didn't say anything. I just got on the Lift ramp and she called me ma'am.

I'm very very androgynous, I can't help it. 🙄
Okay, the new worker apologized to me.

She said I never "misrepresented myself" either way because I never spoke. She looked at me and saw a female.

She even had to ask another worker to clarify, and that worker told her as far as the "centre" is concerned I'm a male.
I'm to be addressed and treated as a male while at the centre.

Looks like the boss lady got upset at me before knowing all the facts.

Offline Justagirl💃

Good morning ☕,

I do hope today will be a better day.

I was almost disenrolled from my medical program yesterday because a new worker pegged me as female, but the center says I must present as male whilst attending.

Blame was immediately placed on me as "misrepresenting myself" even though I said nothing.

The worker did come to my defence, and things were resolved. I am however not very well appreciated in the center's strict beliefs of two genders only. It's only a matter if time before I shall be removed from their services I am sure of it.

There are not other options in my area, and leaving the state of Texas might be in my near future.

That will be quite the challenge in itself.

Pray that y'all have a great day
« Last Edit: August 08, 2023, 07:13:59 AM by Justagirl »

Offline tryingtoaccept

• Silver Member
  • Nothing is impossible, merely expensive.

There are not other options in my area, and leaving the state of Texas might be in my near future.
I hope it doesn’t come down to that.
Redfox 🦊

Offline Justagirl💃

Well, I was asked if I would voluntarily cut my hair off to avoid future confusion here at the day-center. 

The answer was of course NO!

I guess all the more reason to continue to grow it out

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024