Author Topic: Well this is a surprise...................  (Read 541 times)

Offline Justagirl💃

• When life gives you curves, Flaunt them! 🤗
I have also recently has blood drawn and a large battery of tests. 

lab tests are coming in. my liver is at advanced cirrhosis and nearing point of needing a transplant. blood sugar, kidneys, and hormone levels are all being effected. my estrogen levels are super high because my liver is unable to filter them out (maybe caused my breast tissue growth from D to DDD). they will change my diet plan with hopes they can keep cirrhosis from progressing further.

All viral causes have been ruled out, and I'm not a drinker. Diagnosed as complications due to a fatty liver/overweight. 

I'll get my new diet plan today. 
When life gives you curves,
flaunt them! 💃
💋Birdie💋

Offline taxmapper

ewww... Well hope that all goes well. 

its strange how our bodies work.  We think one thing is happening and it turns out to be something completely out of thought. 

Offline Justagirl💃

Dietitian today went over the 'heart healthy diet'. It's basically the diet I need to follow to keep the liver damage from spreading. 

They talked with home health workers and all confirmed that alcohol is NOT a factor in my condition. 

It's not a good thing, but at least it was noticed before major symptoms presented themselves. Being very strict on my diet is more important than ever now. 

Plenty of lean meats, fiber, and veggies. My one diet soda per day shouldn't be an issue. But drink tea and water for the most part. 

My hormones are off kilter but adding medications to the long list I already take would not be wise so they decided to leave things alone. The nurse will talk to me further about that. 

We just need to protect what bit of liver I still have. 

Offline tryingtoaccept

• Silver Member
  • Nothing is impossible, merely expensive.
Wow Birdie, that is tough news.  I hope your new diet works and stops the progression of liver damage.
Redfox 🦊

Offline Justagirl💃

its strange how our bodies work.  We think one thing is happening and it turns out to be something completely out of thought.
Yeah, just full of surprises. 

Offline DC79

So I went in for the blood test yesterday (6-26) and they already started posting the results.

And boy what a surprise!

AND,,  concern:

So to reitterate, the doctor I went to see took down notes on they gyne.... Then when i told her I didn't have an Adam's Apple, she gave me the side eye. 

Well the hormone che3ck showed something VERY surprising! Given they are correct:

Testosterone:  899 ng/dL

Prolactin:        20.5 ng/mL     

BOTH HIGH!!

its usually an inverse correlation.

High on one, low on the other.
Are you on any meds, for their intended purpose or off-label? ADs, APs, BP meds? My levels looked that when I first started TRT and was on addyi. 

Offline Parity

• Silver Member
Birdie,  

I hope things work out for you.  Life has its ups and downs.  Good news and news we're not expecting. 
Do know this,  I, and all those here are concerned for you and your health.  Be well.  Listen to those advising you.  Life is a gift, love it and the giver of it.  

Offline WPW717

• Gold Member
Hang tough, Birdie 
Best wishes on the plan helping out the liver difficulties.
Regards, Bob

Offline Justagirl💃

Thanks, I know I have a serious issue but in reality I don't feel sick in the least. I'm so thankful the hospital found it during my last visit there. 

Offline Evolver

• Gold Member
Birdie, you poor bugger. ☹️ You seem to constantly battle with health and other hurdles, all totally undeserved.

Thinking of you. ❤️

Offline taxmapper

On the meds, not until the doctor prescribed to me that day Lorestan (to whit I stopped).   

There are still many questions. 

Offline Justagirl💃

On the meds, not until the doctor prescribed to me that day Lorestan (to whit I stopped). 

There are still many questions.
Hopefully you get more tests done soon to answer your questions. 

What is Lorestan? Is that a generic statin?

Offline WPW717

• Gold Member
I wonder…
Did the prescribing practitioner give you any  insight into  the  treatment do’ s and don’ts ?

If not, I read the prescribing info looking for the Cytochrome P450 enzyme interaction that can occur with BP meds. The warning is there. Toxic level of the drug can occur with the consumption of grapefruit and grapefruit juice. That fruit inhibits the enzyme that starts the metabolic processes to excrete the drug .

Just saying …

Offline Midagemoobs2

• Posting Member
Thanks, I know I have a serious issue but in reality I don't feel sick in the least. I'm so thankful the hospital found it during my last visit there.
Glad to read you are not feeling sick.  Prayers and thoughts for the best outcome possible.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024