Author Topic: Well this is a surprise...................  (Read 1273 times)

Offline Justagirl💃

• When life gives you curves, Flaunt them! 🤗
Thanks, I know I have a serious issue but in reality I don't feel sick in the least. I'm so thankful the hospital found it during my last visit there.
Glad to read you are not feeling sick.  Prayers and thoughts for the best outcome possible.
I actually was admitted to the hospital for four days whilst passing large amounts of blood. That is when they found my condition. The bleeding did resolve on it's own, and I assumed I was in the clear now. 

I'm starting to realise that the bleeding can resume at any moment, and I can bleed out (varicose veins in the esophagus). 

Last night I watched "untold stories of the ER" and a lady was in the ER on a cruise ship with the same condition. They were scrambling to find blood enough to save her life as she was bleeding out. 

Dietary modifications will not correct any past damage, and that was already explained to me. The changes will simply keep me from migrating over onto the liver transplant list. 

I have a serious condition that has no cure. 

I know what to watch for, and what to do if I notice it (call an ambulance)

I'll just live my life happily because I still feel fine, but keep a watchful eye. 

Birdie 💝
When life gives you curves,
flaunt them! 💃
💋Birdie💋

Offline Evolver

• Gold Member
I have also recently has blood drawn and a large battery of tests.

lab tests are coming in. my liver is at advanced cirrhosis and nearing point of needing a transplant. blood sugar, kidneys, and hormone levels are all being effected. my estrogen levels are super high because my liver is unable to filter them out (maybe caused my breast tissue growth from D to DDD). they will change my diet plan with hopes they can keep cirrhosis from progressing further.

All viral causes have been ruled out, and I'm not a drinker. Diagnosed as complications due to a fatty liver/overweight.

I'll get my new diet plan today.
I've been thinking about this post lately and feel the need to respond now.

I was going to ask you earlier than this post darling, what the cause of your cirrhosis was, if not from drinking. I'm glad that you are apparently not a hopeless alcoholic, but I am surprised that cirrhosis could be caused by something else! My ignorance, I guess. The reason I'm writing this is that I do often enjoy a drink, and the last time I got a set of bloods done, it did show that I am slightly above the normal range for whatever the liver function blood test measures. No hint of cirrhosis though. That reading has come down significantly from two years ago, so I am on the right track, but anyways, and sorry for beating around the bush - one thing I've done for years is to pop a Livatone (milk thistle) pill the morning after any alcohol consumption the day before, regardless whether it was just one light beer at dinner or whether I've let myself go. Apparently, milk thistle helps detox the liver, which is why I take it, but one thing I only discovered recently is that it also speeds up estrogen breakdown!

Just speculating, over many years, maybe alcohol consumption has added to my moobs, but taking that darn pill has also negated them? 😳

Offline Justagirl💃

• When life gives you curves, Flaunt them! 🤗
I have also recently has blood drawn and a large battery of tests.

lab tests are coming in. my liver is at advanced cirrhosis and nearing point of needing a transplant. blood sugar, kidneys, and hormone levels are all being effected. my estrogen levels are super high because my liver is unable to filter them out (maybe caused my breast tissue growth from D to DDD). they will change my diet plan with hopes they can keep cirrhosis from progressing further.

All viral causes have been ruled out, and I'm not a drinker. Diagnosed as complications due to a fatty liver/overweight.

I'll get my new diet plan today.
I've been thinking about this post lately and feel the need to respond now.

I was going to ask you earlier than this post darling, what the cause of your cirrhosis was, if not from drinking. I'm glad that you are apparently not a hopeless alcoholic, but I am surprised that cirrhosis could be caused by something else! My ignorance, I guess. The reason I'm writing this is that I do often enjoy a drink, and the last time I got a set of bloods done, it did show that I am slightly above the normal range for whatever the liver function blood test measures. No hint of cirrhosis though. That reading has come down significantly from two years ago, so I am on the right track, but anyways, and sorry for beating around the bush - one thing I've done for years is to pop a Livatone (milk thistle) pill the morning after any alcohol consumption the day before, regardless whether it was just one light beer at dinner or whether I've let myself go. Apparently, milk thistle helps detox the liver, which is why I take it, but one thing I only discovered recently is that it also speeds up estrogen breakdown!

Just speculating, over many years, maybe alcohol consumption has added to my moobs, but taking that darn pill has also negated them? 😳
Fatty liver can cause cirrhosis of the liver apparently.
Not to say that I never drank in my teens would be wrong as they were party filled memories.
Adult life was social drinking of one or two at dinner parties upon occasion.
I also acquired Hep A during a trip to Mexico decades ago.

Just to add that slightly "elevated liver enzymes" were the only things noticed on my blood tests for years now, and "no cause for concern". It wasn't until I had a CAT scan and colonoscopy  that the extent of the damage became apparent. My regular medical team was quite shocked from the diagnosis. 

It has all added up to liver disease. 🙄
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 06:07:51 AM by Justagirl💃 »

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
So I went in for the blood test yesterday (6-26) and they already started posting the results.

And boy what a surprise!

AND,,  concern:

So to reitterate, the doctor I went to see took down notes on they gyne.... Then when i told her I didn't have an Adam's Apple, she gave me the side eye. 

Well the hormone che3ck showed something VERY surprising! Given they are correct:

Testosterone:  899 ng/dL

Prolactin:        20.5 ng/mL     

BOTH HIGH!!

its usually an inverse correlation.

High on one, low on the other.
I have the same problem! I’m in my early 60’s and was finally diagnosed with this condition. T levels are between 950 and 1150ish on the two T tests I had.
I was even misdiagnosed as having polycythemia for nearly 20 years before a new doctor ran some tests. From what I understand is high T can convert to high levels of E and thus explain why we have gynecomastia. 

Offline WPW717

• Gold Member
And it can come on quickly and without much warning. I went from a normal chest to 44D-DD ina mere 18 months!
Regards, Bob

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024