Author Topic: Can guys have a “cycle”  (Read 1074 times)

Offline Dudewithboobs

• Silver Member
I’m not trying to be weird in regard to the topic header. Just unsure what else to word it as. For the last 3-4 months it seems between the 4th to 6th day of the month. My boobs get very sore and seem a little larger and lasts a few days. This goes away after a few days and my breast volume simmers as well. During this time I definitely feel more movement and more sore there and whether things had been functioning fine or not below, my libido is usually fairly high during this time before going back to “just another day” days later. I have heard of andropause but am curious if this is a thing or is it just something I’ve just been paying attention to lately that may have always been there? 

Offline Justagirl💃

• When life gives you curves, Flaunt them! 🤗
I’m not trying to be weird in regard to the topic header. Just unsure what else to word it as. For the last 3-4 months it seems between the 4th to 6th day of the month. My boobs get very sore and seem a little larger and lasts a few days. This goes away after a few days and my breast volume simmers as well. During this time I definitely feel more movement and more sore there and whether things had been functioning fine or not below, my libido is usually fairly high during this time before going back to “just another day” days later. I have heard of andropause but am curious if this is a thing or is it just something I’ve just been paying attention to lately that may have always been there?
The term "estrogen dominance" isn't quite correct, but does kind of describe hormonal balances taking place that of course are the cause of those boobs, and in many cases fat distribution changes.

Those hormone balances are mimicking those of a healthy female to some degree, and in some more than others.

It's expected that "cycling" may be one of the symptoms, and it's documented in trans women on HRT.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/can-trans-women-get-periods

I most definitely cycle, but I have some of the equipment as well.
When life gives you curves,
flaunt them! 💃
💋Birdie💋

Offline WPW717

• Gold Member
I felt a ‘ cycle’ of sorts during the time I was plumping up. It was an awareness that was in the background of other events that were happening. Your description is accurate.

The weird thing for me was the prolactin tumor of recent episode gave my breasts a ‘ let down’ feeling of lactation starting. It was shortly after that the chemotherapy was administered and it never happened again. I could have sworn my shirt was  with two wet spots in public. Fortunately it was only a feeling.
Whew!
Regards, Bob

Offline JKing

• Posting Member
Men do have a monthly hormone cycle.  However, it is not noticed by most men as it has very little effect on most men. And it is not discussed by any educational institute and even by most doctors.  But have you ever noticed that "one Guy" that seems to be grumpy every month or so.  Yep, that is it.  Pretty rare, eh. 

Now add an imbalance of hormones where estrogen becomes more dominant than normal and it's not unexpected that it might be noticed more. 

Offline taxmapper

After reading this thread, i wanted to find a series of articles i read decades ago that I and a friend of mine got into quite the argument over. 
She was adamant that periods were operated only by hormones alone.  That post menopausal women didn't get cycles. 

that was until the articles started showing up that it was quite different. 

The question is "what is the mechanism" of this? 

There are many prevailing theories, but here is the core of one main aspect not discussed in most of those articles. 

A period is basically the lining of a uterus stripping away and being purged out of the body due to a lack of pregnancy.  There are many other aspects, but in essence, you cannot strip out what isn't there. Thus post menopausal women who are no longer producing the lining in any great levels can no longer have periods so the theory goes. 

yet with HRT, they get 'cycles". So what causes this? the hormones themselves? or something else. 

like comparing a manual transmission to an automatic, a automatic transmission cannot have a clutch throw-out bearing failure because it doesn't have a clutch throw-out bearing. 

YET, men on various HRT systems (trans or otherwise) suddenly report a 'cycle".  how s this possible? (ergo, a throw-out bearing failure if you will.) 

There is growing evidence that hormones cause a condition that makes a biological entity more prone to magnetic fields, and gravity. 

I went looking for some of the articles, but like with most things these days on Googlet, they either buried it or removed any links to it. 
Or the link is dead. 

The crux came down to 'its complicated".  
But apparently there is some small connection to those two and the earth itself. 
As physical changes happen int he body in microgravity, there is more than simple anecdotal evidence that our connection to the earth itself is part in part to what drives the cycle and moreover, the hormones may be switching on certain parts of the male brain to accept a "cycle" that is then governed by our environment. 

Offline Justagirl💃

• When life gives you curves, Flaunt them! 🤗
AI overview:

"Men's hormonal cycles are different from women's in several ways, but they do have monthly cycles:
Cycle length
A woman's cycle lasts about 28 days, while a man's cycle is 24 hours long.
Hormones
Women's cycles are controlled by estrogen and progesterone, while men's cycles are controlled by testosterone.
Predictability
Women's cycles are more predictable and synchronous, while men's cycles are more unpredictable and individual.
Regulation
Women's cycles are very hormonally regulated, while men's cycles aren't regulated monthly. Some researchers think male hormones are regulated seasonally, with higher testosterone levels and libido in the spring and summer."

So, the estrogen highway most likely has much to do with the monthly cycling because of estrogen/progesterone levels.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024