Author Topic: Comfortable bra  (Read 7409 times)

Offline Parity

• Silver Member
Tik Tak 
Sounds like it was a good experience.  
Looks like you made some good choices and will benefit form wearing them.  I had to laugh when you said the worst thing is you quite liked it. 
I think there are a lot of us that would quite enjoy it.  

Offline Parity

• Silver Member
A few months back I had a lady tell me that my arms looked more female than male. Up to that point I had never thought about it.
I think some of our attributes are overlooked by us yet seen by others.

Online taxmapper

I have said this before: 

I honestly think children are picking up pheromones we put off and know instinctively that another child is "different" without the knowledge base of biology. 
A God given trait that does help us keep the "heard" in good shape. 

Because of this others may see us as different in some way that may lead to them discriminating against others. 

I have had alot of experience growing up in such a situation where the other children would call me all the names in the book and then some because I was somehow "different" and did not know it personally. 

Offline TikTak

• Bronze Member
 I had to laugh when you said the worst thing is you quite liked it. 
How to explain this? What is going with us? 

Offline Justagirl💃

• When life gives you curves, Flaunt them! 🤗
I have said this before:

I honestly think children are picking up pheromones we put off and know instinctively that another child is "different" without the knowledge base of biology.
A God given trait that does help us keep the "heard" in good shape.

Because of this others may see us as different in some way that may lead to them discriminating against others.

I have had alot of experience growing up in such a situation where the other children would call me all the names in the book and then some because I was somehow "different" and did not know it personally.
I remember 'smelling' the pungent odor of the toughest alpha males. 

We are all producing aromas that reflect our unique hormone balances. My hormones produced very wide hips and breasts, and one thing my wife used to say is that my body odor was quite 'sweet". 

In regards to hips, a friend of mine re-hooked up with a girlfriend from decades ago. He said, "I can't believe how well she aged, but she still doesn't have a caboose like yours."
We all developed differently, and our body odor reflects that. People of course pickup on that odor as well. 

It's basically a smorgasbord whilst in the dating game with physical traits, odors, and personalities. 

Birdie 💖
When life gives you curves,
flaunt them! 💃
💋Birdie💋

Offline Sophie

• Silver Member
I had to laugh when you said the worst thing is you quite liked it. 
How to explain this? What is going with us?
Well,in my case. I was 12 years old when the doctors said, "wait and see" when she took me to be examined for my gynecomastia. I remember being sore from the typical growing pains. My mother took control of the situation and showed me how to manage my gynecomastia. 

(I know that most of you already know my story but here goes anyway)

She had several bras that my older sister had outgrown. She was sitting on my bed when she called me to my room and gave me my first bra talk. She told me that I didn't have to wear a bra unless I wanted to but, she'd like me to try them to see if they help. I did try them and they did help. I mostly just tried to wear them around the house but the frequency of wearing, inevitably increased. 

Fast forward to just turning 16. I had gotten out of the shower, with a towel around my waist and I crossed the hallway to my bedroom and my sister was standing there. She looked at my chest and yelled "Holy Shit your boobs are as big as mine!" My mother obviously heard that because she told me later that I really needed to start wearing a all the time. I didn't object except for telling her that I wanted my own. 

The same day, she took me to JCPENNEY for my first fitting. The SA who fitted me, definitely thought that I was a tomboyish girl. She used she/her and Miss. She even asked my mother if I needed anything for panties while we were there. I can still here my mother's words " you're the one wearing them, get what you want". I wore a bra and panties every day since. 

The reason I told that story again was because I remember how much I liked being referred to as a girl. I should have known better about that and started my transition then. Instead, I did it slowly over 30 years until certain things happened that sent me full on the path to womanhood. 

♥️Sophie♥️

Offline Parity

• Silver Member
Sophie,
All I can say is, I'm glad you took the steps needed to feel complete.
After all that's what everyone wants.  To be seen and accepted for who they are.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2024, 12:32:17 PM by Parity »

Offline Justagirl💃

• When life gives you curves, Flaunt them! 🤗
I'm getting adjusted to my new bra. I filled the left side just right, but my right side is lacking a bit. Inserting a 'chicken fillet' on the right side evens it out.

They don't make a 46 F, so I had "sister size" to a 44 G with an extender. Of course that gives me all the more reason to continue losing weight.
Now that I'm not squashing my boobs in a poor fitting bra the projection is quite impressive. I'll slowly replace my bra collection again.

Birdie 💖

Offline Johndoe1

That's my biggest complaint about weight loss. Bra replacement. 
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline Evolver

That's my biggest complaint about weight loss. Bra replacement.
Personally, I'm only an A cupper and my weight/size is pretty consistent so this isn't an issue for me. But weight gain and loss is the main reason that my wife has never really taken to underwire bras. She wears 40D bras normally and has worn underwire bras of course, but if her breasts grow or shrink with her, the wire would either stab her or create an unsupportive cup. The bras are unforgiving if breast size changes! She usually wears robustly constructed wire free bras now, not quite as Sherman-tank like as a Doreen bra, but uplifting, nonetheless.

I'm not criticizing anyone's preference for underwire bras, especially knowing that larger breast sizes almost demand them for support unless a pointy look is desired from a wire free bra, but like I said, they can be unforgiving. No wonder the goodwill shops are full of them!

Online AlfaQ

• Posting Member
You make a very valid point. An underwire fixes the dimensions of the bra frame so it can't adapt to changes to your body. The Doreen is a great bra, really robust and also forgiving as the frame is very stretchy.  I wear a 34B and it gives all day comfort but less lift and definition for smaller busts.  Underwire bras can be very comfortable but cheap ones can be quite unpleasant. I have one which digs in between my breasts after a few minutes.  Underwires are great for lift and separation though.  To achieve the same effect without an underwire requires a bigger frame to mount the cups on and the Doreen  Cross your heart bras are an example of this approach.  

Offline TikTak

• Bronze Member
I suppose it's like that with bras:

* the basic role, i.e. supporting the breasts, is best fulfilled by a full cup bra, such as Doreen

* such a bra, for design reasons, is highly built up. As a result, it is often not suitable for deeper-cut dresses and blouses.

* for a bra to be suitable for cleavage, it must expose the upper part of the breast. Since only about half of the cup is left, in order for the structure to hold, it must be stiffened somehow. For this purpose, you can use a wire or stiffen the entire cup, as is the case, for example, in balconettes. Well, and we have an underwired bra.

* Once this wire is in place, it can be bent to further round the breasts, thereby enhancing them.

* This last function may be more important for many people than the one I mentioned in the first place.

* there is also the matter of temperature. A built-in bra heats up quite a bit, this is important especially in summer. Meanwhile, half-exposed breasts are a very effective heat sink. So again, there's a reason to wear an underwired bra.

Bottom line:
If you are too hot or want to wear a cut-out blouse or dress, you need an underwired bra. If it's just about support, a soft full cup is irreplaceable.

Of course, everyone can have their own different theory:)

Offline TikTak

• Bronze Member
My breasts gave me trouble when I had to hide them under my clothes but also when I wanted to undress.

In summer, even when you're at home, want to take a breather, use a sun lounger, get into the pool -
dangling breasts just get in the way, besides looking unsightly.

It's just uncomfortable, even when no one is looking at you.

A few days ago, I decided that since I had gone as far as trying on lacy bras, nothing would happen if I wore a women's swimsuit.
When no one could see, I tried on my wife's swimwear in my garden.

It turned out to be much, much more comfortable that way.

By the way, I took some photos of myself and now I'm reflecting on my figure.
Apart from my bust, don't I also have a bit of a feminine figure?
At first I thought it was a swimsuit issue, but I tried a different one and the impression remained.
It's not a big problem for me but I'm curious: if you look at these pictures do you see a man in a women's bathing suit or a woman?

Online AlfaQ

• Posting Member
You suit the swimsuit and look quite womanly in the pics so I  would see you as female. For added security there are tucking panties available which will keep everything smooth and tidy down there. Tucking is not uncomfortable once you know how to do it. I bet you enjoyed your time in the pool? 

Offline Johndoe1

As I have observed with my own body and a few lady friends have also pointed out, the elevated estrogen that has been in my body since puberty has not only shaped my bust, but the rest of my body. Maybe not to the point of a cis female but to the point that my body is not all testosterone male but definitive female traits are discernable. I suspect that is true for all of us in varying degrees. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024