Author Topic: Its better to be buff when goin in for surgery  (Read 2820 times)

Offline Gynecomastia1617

• Bronze Member
  • Movin' on up!
I read the other day, while doing research on the subject, that having well defined pectorial muscles is actually alot better when having an operation. The articles said that bodybuilders who go in for operations are more likely to have great results. It also said that people who dont have good pecks dont need to worry, good results are still likely to happen. So you know what im gonna do. Im gonna do alot of push-ups for a while. Im goin under the knife in Oct. Just puttin this info out here, so people can be aware of what is best to do when gettin an operation.

BUFF UP HOMIES!!!!!  8)

Offline Gynecomastia1617

• Bronze Member
  • Movin' on up!

Offline GynecoMan

• Bronze Member
  • You Are What You Believe
I think it's true...at least you will burn some of the fat there and make it a lot easier for the surgeon to do his job right...just my opinion.
Working out and exercising is the way to go whether you go nuder the knife or not.

Offline PeterBateman

• Gold Member
incline pushups (hands higher off ground than your feet) are better i think for our chests.

Offline Gynecomastia1617

• Bronze Member
  • Movin' on up!
Hey peter.. do you mean incline push-ups as in positioning your body in this slant:  / (head on left)
or:\  (head still on left)

Offline Warlord

• Posting Member
  • My battle with gynecomastia has begun.
Makes sense.  A combination of aerobics and weight lifting, with aerobics helping with general weight loss and weight lifting helping to develop the specific body parts, should almost be a requirement for anyone looking to go in for gynecomastic surgery.  I would think that would be especially true for men who are overweight...

Offline moobius

• Gold Member
inclines are like bench press except the head is elevated above the knees (usually at a 45 degree angle), decline is just the opposite: the head is below the knees...

as for chest excercises buring fat in the pecs: wrong. it won't spot reduce fat, but toning up those muscles will give the muscle better definition and a more masculine look.

going into the opp in better shape would make more sense if you're getting lipo. fat cells don't change in number, but in size. if you're getting a liter of fat sucked out, theres gonna be a lot more fat cells removed when you are more trim (smaller sized fat cells) than if you are fat & bloated (large sized fat cells).

i would imagine if you are trim that the doc would much more easily be able to help contour the body to give the best possible results.

Offline PeterBateman

• Gold Member
Hey peter.. do you mean incline push-ups as in positioning your body in this slant:  / (head on left)
or:\  (head still on left)

sorry just reading now.  feet on floor, hands raised on say the first step, or second step of a set of stairs, or on two boxes etc.  feet are the lowest in the pushup form.  that works upper chest.  i used pushup bars so that my hands are more in a positoin similar to holding onto a barbell.

Offline rocketrob

• Silver Member
  • GYNO IS A BIATCH!
Gentlemen.... as a fellow gyno victim and a 13 year personal trainer.... Doing any chest exercises will develop your pecs... Straight push-ups will develop your chest upper and lower. There is no need to incline or decline.(unless at a club)

If you have the use of a gym, great... mix up your exercises... if not .... do 25-50 pushups every other day and you will build your pecs... If your chest is still sore 2 days later... WAIT AND REST LONGER, until the chest is pain free.. pain will last longer as you first start your push-ups... until the pecs adapt and get stronger. Pain means the chest is not ready for more work yet!

DO NOT raise your feet up and do 25-50 more... you are workin the same area, just a different stretch... thus  OVER TRAINING resulting in less growth or stregth.

Growth comes with proper reps and proper REST

WE GROW AT REST...

one more thing,,, decline press is very hard on the front delts... so do delcline 1 or 2 times per month... and reduce your weight (increase reps)

Incline press is awesome !!!!

GIDDY UP !
« Last Edit: October 03, 2006, 07:27:50 PM by rocketrob »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024