Author Topic: Morning coffee chat, any topic:  (Read 33608 times)

Online taxmapper

What this sounds like is that a member of upper management had two things happen. 

1: Wanted you specifically because you didn't "follow rules" and 
2: Probably got caught with this because in such facilities, and in fact everywhere in the US the rules HAVE to be applied equally across the board. 

Having dealt with HR issues int he past, the county now has written policies that must be enforced equally across the board. Same goes with each department. 
Whats good for the goose, is good for the gander.  Even if the Gander becomes a goose! 

Offline Justagirl💃

• When life gives you curves, Flaunt them! 🤗
What this sounds like is that a member of upper management had two things happen.

2: Probably got caught with this because in such facilities, and in fact everywhere in the US the rules HAVE to be applied equally across the board.

Having dealt with HR issues int he past, the county now has written policies that must be enforced equally across the board. Same goes with each department.
Whats good for the goose, is good for the gander.  Even if the Gander becomes a goose!
Exactly, there is the decision maker in management that is quite indecisive in what the rules are and to whom they apply. Her religious convictions also influence her decisions. 

I do believe her wishy-washy management practices has been addressed. 
When life gives you curves,
flaunt them! 💃
💋Birdie💋

Offline tryingtoaccept

• Silver Member
  • Nothing is impossible, merely expensive.
Good for you Birdie, I am glad things are looking up for you.
Redfox 🦊

Offline Justagirl💃

Exactly, there is the decision maker in management that is quite indecisive in what the rules are and to whom they apply. Her religious convictions also influence her decisions.

I do believe her wishy-washy management practices has been addressed.
Staff meeting this morning resulted in reestablishment of the all-gender restrooms for me.

They said, "making me uncomfortable" is just not right and should have never been done.

Offline tryingtoaccept

• Silver Member
  • Nothing is impossible, merely expensive.
Sounds like it is a win for you, or at least a move in the right direction.

Offline Justagirl💃

Sounds like it is a win for you, or at least a move in the right direction.
Definitely a win. I didn't ask for too much, just the bare minimum. I was gladly obliged my the acting manager yesterday. 

Offline Justagirl💃

My "saggy baggy boob club" water bottle that goes to the day-centre everyday. I'm shocked they haven't said anything about it yet. 🤭

Online taxmapper

Offline Justagirl💃

Yesterday brought the Occupational Therapist to talk about the Olympic boxer that is being scrutinised for being male and fighting in women's sports.

She said, "I'm not against trans, but they need to stay out of women's sports!"

I told her, "I'm not really trans, and I was born this way. We both agree to that. I don't take hormones nor have I had surgery, but I am neither 100% male nor female. I'm intersex and identify as female now."

From what I understand, that boxer is AFAB but intersex. She has male features as well. Calling her trans is absolutely incorrect.

Now, I don't agree with her competing if her natural hormone levels give her a tactical advantage over other women, just like when I was enrolled into boy's sports as a child my hormones didn't allow me keep up with the others (even with testosterone treatments).

Chromosome testing can't control applicants, nor can simple hormone testing standards because these can change by current treatments. I really don't think they have one simple test to weed anyone out other than by a case by case basis.

I'm not a doctor, so I can't make the call on whether she has any advantage over the other women or not. That has to be left to doctors reviewing those contestants.

Offline Moobzie

• Silver Member
Y chromosomed persons need to stay out of XX sports - simple matter of fairness.
I once helped out in some rape defense classes for women. I was told to come in to the classes after the first several sessions, and then to grab the students' wrists with a full on grip.  The first time reaction was always wide eyed shock - men's muscle strength is simply much stronger.  In any full-on physical struggle between XX and Y chromosomes individuals will ALWAYS favor the Y.  
Women ( XXs) should have their own sports venues the same way men do.
As one site posted: Male boxer gets gold medal for domestic abuse contest.

Offline Justagirl💃

Y chromosomed persons need to stay out of XX sports - simple matter of fairness.
I once helped out in some rape defense classes for women. I was told to come in to the classes after the first several sessions, and then to grab the students' wrists with a full on grip.  The first time reaction was always wide eyed shock - men's muscle strength is simply much stronger.  In any full-on physical struggle between XX and Y chromosomes individuals will ALWAYS favor the Y. 
Women ( XXs) should have their own sports venues the same way men do.
As one site posted: Male boxer gets gold medal for domestic abuse contest.
There is of course "full androgen insensitivity", and in those cases the XY individual is 100% woman. It does exist. Most FAI's have no idea that they even have the disorder. 

Should they be excluded from participating in sports?

Androgen insensitivity of course varies between individuals that suffer it, and many will have very male characteristics mixed with female or very female characteristics mixed with male. Determining the extent that the condition has on performance can't be achieved simply by a chromosomes test alone. 

A doctor should order a whole battery of tests to determine an athlete's eligibility. 

Offline Moobzie

• Silver Member
"Should they be excluded from participating in sports?"

No - just not in women's.  The Y chromosome causes waaay different musculature and cardio-vascular strength and endurance.  Besides, the number of persons with that disorder is very, very, very small - yet the risk to XXs is very, very, very great.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2024, 09:25:25 AM by Moobzie »

Offline Justagirl💃

No - just not in women's.  The Y chromosome causes waaay different musculature and cardio-vascular strength and endurance.  Besides, the number of persons with that disorder is very, very, very small - yet the risk to XXs is very, very, very great.
Since it's not a common test, we really don't know how common the condition is. It's only randomly caught in tests by accident. "Full androgen insensitivity" produces a 100% female fetus with XY chromosomes. 

Partial androgen insensitivity produces individuals like myself (mixed). We are normally noticed either at birth, puberty, or beyond (sex is determined by which direction the external parts tend to be leaning, and ultrasound is rarely used). I'm assuming that this boxer has this condition, but I'm not a doctor.

I also know a girl with XX chromosomes born with a prostate and other plumbing that never developed breasts or hips. He now identifies as male, but doesn't have a male's bone structure and strength either (externally very much normal female genitalia). 

XXY chromosomes also are fairly common. 
Remember that 1/1500 children are born intersex. Not talking about it doesn't make it go away. 

Many cases simply need more than ONE test to determine eligibility.

I admit I would have an advantage in women's sports, but I had a very stark disadvantage in men's as well. I just didn't have the strength.

Offline Justagirl💃

Since it's not a common test, we really don't know how common the condition is. It's only randomly caught in tests by accident. "Full androgen insensitivity" produces a 100% female fetus with XY chromosomes.

Partial androgen insensitivity produces individuals like myself (mixed). We are normally noticed either at birth, puberty, or beyond (sex is determined by which direction the external parts tend to be leaning, and ultrasound is rarely used). I'm assuming that this boxer has this condition, but I'm not a doctor.

I also know a girl with XX chromosomes born with a prostate and other plumbing that never developed breasts or hips. He now identifies as male, but doesn't have a male's bone structure and strength either (externally very much normal female genitalia).

XXY chromosomes also are fairly common.
Remember that 1/1500 children are born intersex. Not talking about it doesn't make it go away.

Many cases simply need more than ONE test to determine eligibility.

I admit I would have an advantage in women's sports, but I had a very stark disadvantage in men's as well. I just didn't have the strength.
Just additional information, I sent my medical records, a recent ultrasound, and notarized affidavits into the office of vital statistics to have the gender on my birth certificate reviewed.
The hearing and process was said to take 4-6 weeks, but I received an updated birth certificate just 2 weeks later. No phone calls, no additional information needed for the decision.

Sometimes the delivery room doctor makes the wrong call on intersex individuals.

Offline Evolver

Joke: Did you hear about the three blondes who walked into a building?
You'd think that at least one of them would have seen it! 😆

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024