Author Topic: ED from ED  (Read 2587 times)

Offline Dudewithboobs

• Bronze Member
Wow this thread took on a very different direction than I would have expected it to lol. I came here to update and yeah lol. It’s what I love about this forum. It’s like a game of telephone sometimes. Starts off with this and slowly moves its way to something different and the discussions are just so full of life intrigue and insight. 

Anyways, I came here to update for what it’s worth lol. 

It’s been if I had to guess 3-4 months since I’ve had regular function. Along with that atrophy in “it” and “it’s two friends” has resulted as well. I began taking zinc and maca together last month and after a few weeks function restored. If anyone has function issues I’d recommend giving zinc and maca a try. I wanted something natural to help balance or assist with this and it seems to have worked remarkably well. Not just that but my libido for the first time in years seems to be normal. This change has occurred in last several days and been consistent so I’m hopeful it’s on the right track. While sex has never interested me or been an area I care or enjoy it is of course something my wife would like more of and it’s nice to think of being able to provide that more now. Hopefully lol. Testicular size as well has gained back. However the other thing has not regained its size and has continued to be about 2” shorter and is visibly noticed. Information says this will come back to normal and is normal with long term atrophy and just a waiting process so we will see I guess. 

Anyways hope this wasn’t tmi just thought it was a nice surprise that something so simple seems to be doing the job and with others noting they have ED thought I’d mention it in detail here. 

Offline Evolver

• Gold Member
I’d recommend giving zinc and maca a try. I wanted something natural to help balance or assist with this and it seems to have worked remarkably well. Not just that but my libido for the first time in years seems to be normal. 
From what I learnt after researching about certain foods and what they contain not long ago, I discovered that zinc inhibits the aromatization process of converting excess testosterone into estrogen. So, more of your testosterone keeps doing its testosteron-y thing instead of being converted. Hence its aphrodisiac properties.

Offline Dudewithboobs

• Bronze Member
Never heard of aromatization kinda crazy the body can try to balance itself out and in an effort to do so the testosterone is simply converted in to more estrogen. Kind of seems like trying to fix the issue only fuels the issue if simply trying to boost testosterone with supplements and what have you. I got a labcorp script to get some labs ran when I get around to make an appointment be nice to be told my hormones are in balance I get nervous easily lol and this makes me nervous to see if my t is low as heck and e high as cheech lol 

Offline Evolver

• Gold Member
...to see if my t is low as heck and e high as cheech lol
LOL! Totally off topic, but by coincidence today I watched a movie review on YouTube of Cheech and Chong 'Up in Smoke.' I'd forgotten how funny it was! 😁

Offline Johndoe1

Never heard of aromatization kinda crazy the body can try to balance itself out and in an effort to do so the testosterone is simply converted in to more estrogen. Kind of seems like trying to fix the issue only fuels the issue if simply trying to boost testosterone with supplements and what have you.
It was for that very reason I was told HRT replenishment was not a viable option. My doctor said even with an estrogen blocker, due to aromatization, and a history of estrogen sensitivity, there was a chance I could still see an increase of breast size and she didn't want to risk it. 
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline Dudewithboobs

• Bronze Member
Crazy. May I ask what condition causes it? Seems like ultimate betrayal by the body to convert when balancing like a practical joke on the hormone level lol

Offline Justagirl💃

• When life gives you curves, Flaunt them! 🤗
Never heard of aromatization kinda crazy the body can try to balance itself out and in an effort to do so the testosterone is simply converted in to more estrogen. Kind of seems like trying to fix the issue only fuels the issue if simply trying to boost testosterone with supplements and what have you. I got a labcorp script to get some labs ran when I get around to make an appointment be nice to be told my hormones are in balance I get nervous easily lol and this makes me nervous to see if my t is low as heck and e high as cheech lol
It's quite funny that my doctor says I have a hormone "imbalance", yet I tell him that I have a hormone "balance" based off what my body has chosen to maintain. 

All of us are different, and our bodies create the hormonal atmosphere it likes. 

My body wanted wide hips and breasts going into puberty, and has maintained that balance. 
When life gives you curves,
flaunt them! 💃
💋Birdie💋

Offline WPW717

• Gold Member
DwB… aromatase is abundant from fat cells. As the cells empty from weight loss so goes the enzyme. I wound up with gyne from an unknown rapid loss of T during a weight loss period. Confusing at first because I was slipping into a MEN syndrome causing hypogonadism. All of my T was converted to E for many months. After the weight was gone there was no T and no E. But I had a nice pair of breasts. Went on to manifest other MEN syndrome events. Too long of a story to cover again but osteoporosis is now being averted with HRT with an Estrogen patch. The recent Dx of a cranial tumor, Prolactinoma, explained the continued breast growth in the absence of estrogen. Recent US scan confirms bilateral testicular masses, so orchiectomy in 2 weeks. All this to explain why we need to be very proactive on discovering the cause of gynecomastia. Most here may be idiopathic or genetic predisposition. But there are a multitude of other factors that are involved and need to be explored. I hope your Doc just doesn’t wave you aside and your curiosity has you explore deeper. You are young and have many years to go so be healthy …
Regards, Bob

Offline Johndoe1

Crazy. May I ask what condition causes it? Seems like ultimate betrayal by the body to convert when balancing like a practical joke on the hormone level lol
Some bodies react differently under certain conditions 

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
Some bodies react differently under certain conditions
And, as always, your mileage may vary. 😂

Offline Johndoe1

I know it sounds like a flippant answer, but if I had not already shown a tendency to have an estrogen sensitivity (my pronounced breast growth), I suspect she would have proscribed a regimen of testosterone HRT. Her big concern was that I would feminize more due to aromatization, which is the reverse of what would be intended. She was concerned that it might not be the healthiest move to make.

Offline Sophie

• Silver Member
I know it sounds like a flippant answer, but if I had not already shown a tendency to have an estrogen sensitivity (my pronounced breast growth), I suspect she would have proscribed a regimen of testosterone HRT. Her big concern was that I would feminize more due to aromatization, which is the reverse of what would be intended. She was concerned that it might not be the healthiest move to make.
Agreed. This is not necessarily "new" knowledge. Teenage boys cans have lesser, but similar breast development because of the amount of testosterone that floods their bodies during puberty. This is why my family doctor, almost 40 years ago didn't think that testosterone was going to be the answer for me. 

I am externally grateful that I developed the way I did. For the most part, I accepted my development. I wasn't sad or upset about the fact that I had breasts and hips instead of body hair and muscles. I just would have made it much more difficult to be accepted for who I was meant to be. 
♥️Sophie♥️

Offline Justagirl💃

• When life gives you curves, Flaunt them! 🤗
Agreed. This is not necessarily "new" knowledge. Teenage boys cans have lesser, but similar breast development because of the amount of testosterone that floods their bodies during puberty. This is why my family doctor, almost 40 years ago didn't think that testosterone was going to be the answer for me.

I am externally grateful that I developed the way I did. For the most part, I accepted my development. I wasn't sad or upset about the fact that I had breasts and hips instead of body hair and muscles. I just would have made it much more difficult to be accepted for who I was meant to be.
♥️Sophie♥️
A sports doctor put me on testosterone for 2 years starting about 17. It didn't "fix the problem" like they expected, much to my father's dismay.

I too am very grateful I never developed much body hair. I am exactly who and what I am. 

Birdie 💝

Offline Johndoe1

♥️Sophie♥️
Recently I was asked by a close female friend if I had it to do again would I prefer to be flat chested or develop breasts. Off the cuff answer would be flat chested but upon a little reflection  I admitted never having been flat chested, I don't know what it's like to not feel the weight of mammary tissue hanging off my chest or the movement of that tissue. How do you do flat chested? All the things I know because of my chest I wouldn't have a clue and the relationships I have with my close female friends would be based off testosterone and not estrogen. I asked her would she rather be flat chested? She admitted has thought about it because of all the stuff you go through with breasts, but she said no. Her breasts help define who she is. They remind her who she is. And that's how I feel too. I would be devastated if I lost my breasts. They're all I know. 

Offline blad

I have only vague memories now as a pre teen being flat chested. Having boobs is all I have really known.
If the bra fits, wear it.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024