Author Topic: Well this is a surprise...................  (Read 13508 times)

Offline taxmapper

So I had to call in this am, I had a headache that was well worse than a migraine.

also have an appointment with a neurologist on Oct. 23rd.   

cest la vie.
Can you move the appointment up a bit?
Hope you feel better..
Thanks. 

I am at the mercy of the NM healthcare industry.  So what they behest is what I am subject to. 

Offline taxmapper

So the neurosurgeon looked at the head scans and found nothing. 

As in nothing. 
Empty space.. 

The "menoma" thingy is smaller than a pea and he told me that I should get one more MRI in 6 months. 
If it hasn't grown, .... meh. 

If it has... 

IM DEAD!!KAPUT ITS OVER.... 

or more like, well watch it. 

Brain shrinkage... Meh... Whadda want with 56 years? 

everything else looks fine..   
Go away. 

So in 6 months well see if anything is going on. 

till then.. 

Im Abby normal.. 

Offline Justagirl💃

• When life gives you curves, Flaunt them! 🤗
So the neurosurgeon looked at the head scans and found nothing.

As in nothing.
Empty space..

The "menoma" thingy is smaller than a pea and he told me that I should get one more MRI in 6 months.
If it hasn't grown, .... meh.

If it has...

IM DEAD!!KAPUT ITS OVER....

or more like, well watch it.

Brain shrinkage... Meh... Whadda want with 56 years?

everything else looks fine.. 
Go away.

So in 6 months well see if anything is going on.

till then..

Im Abby normal..

Sounds like a pleasant surprise 😉
When life gives you curves,
flaunt them! 💃
💋Birdie💋

Offline Parity

• Silver Member
Sometimes just ruling some things out is good news.
 Keep up the positive attitude and humor about you.
You know we are all hoping and wishing for the best for you.  

Offline WPW717

• Gold Member
Did pituitary hormones come back normal?
Regards, Bob

Offline taxmapper

Dont know yet. 

They have to run another test, and I see the Doc on Sept. 27th. 

Offline WPW717

• Gold Member
The chemo ( incomplete due to side effects ) yielded a MRI result of no more tumor. Prolactinoma. Yet the prolactin elevation remains, albeit lower than before. 
   Have spoken to other Prolactinoma patients and this is not uncommon. 
   There is a possibility that a pituitary hormone is being produced despite no solid tumor is present.
   My breasts are feeling the effects of this even before the low dose estrogen started. The increase of the patch strength still is unmeasurable on last week’s labs but the effects are noticeable. Increasing strength on the wt training and endurance is up on aerobic exercise. Happy about this.
   Hang in there, there are answers, minus individuality, the human hormonal system is incredibly complex and complicated by genetic variation.
Hoping all comes together for you soon.

Offline WPW717

• Gold Member
Great movie reference by the way.
One of my favorites and still brings me to guffawing laughter.

Offline taxmapper

So, a highly unusual conversation with my Aunt last night has me thinking.

Perhaps I am reading too much into it, but the conversation was unusual.
First to set the stage:
My Aunt suffered a stroke early in the year and two week later lost her husband of nearly 67 years.
She is in her mid-90’s now. The middle of three sisters, she is a strong woman who now has no controllable right side. But an amazingly sharp mind and super strong will.
Her faith is also unbreakable.

She was brought up in a Post Victorian home with strict protocol and a place for everything and everything in its place. She does not succumb to conspiracy theories nor is overly reactionary over any discussion.
So when telling her that “things” are taking place her typical response will fall into the category of “…well that’s unusual…” “very distressing and not uplifting to discuss…”, “…perhaps there may be a more specific reason for…” and the like.
Prior to her stroke I had asked her if she knew of any unusual medical or biological fact about me. She initially told me about my foot problem. (excessively flat feet, and why I wear wedges and blocky heels).

But no specific answer about the rest of me.

The last time I talked with her about a month and a half ago, I had avoided discussions about various things said and the MRI itself. This time around she asked me about the reason why I was a bit distressed in our last conversation and I was couthed but direct that the MRI had found my head rock, and that the purpose of the MRI was to find out about my pituitary gland and the reason for my “girlymones”.

When I told her that I was starting to “bust out” and (as I put it, blossom) her response was (not verbatim but close) …

“…well its about time you find out about this as it happens to everyone…”

Offline gotgyne

Prior to her stroke I had asked her if she knew of any unusual medical or biological fact about me. She initially told me about my foot problem. (excessively flat feet, and why I wear wedges and blocky heels).
I have pronounced flat feet too. Do you wear for this reason wedges and block heels? If yes, how do they help?
A bra is just an article of clothing for people with breasts.

Offline taxmapper

I have worn multiple versions of arch supports in the past will negative results. 

No relief of pain, and in fact caused pain because the arch is non existent, it was like walking around with a rock in my shoe. 
Additionally, many versions of arch supports would not allow me to run. 

In our house, the "hallway" between the bathroom, the downstairs to kitchen entry and bedroom, the floor sits approximately 1 inch higher than the bedroom. A sill plat at the door sits approximately 1/2 inch higher than the hallway and the floor to the bedroom is 1.5 inches lower than the top of the sill plate. 

In 2019 I was standing on the sill plate with my heels (barefoot at that moment) on the sill plate and I was rocking back and forth like an 8 year old. I nearly fell forward and put the pads of my feet on the floor essentially creating a "high heel" condition on my feet where my heels were now sitting 1.5 inches higher than the pads of my toes: to whit I stood for about 10 min. talking to the other half like that. 

That was when I realized that the heel of my foot and the pad of my foot was supporting my weight. 

There was no weight on my arch, and NO PAIN!! 

A short time later I found a pair of women's boots in my size (I have large feet) that had a wide chunky heel and looked like any boots worn by any male.   The heel is lifted by approximately 1 3/4 inches and the end result is NO PAIN!!! 

I have been buying wedge style boots and shoes ever since. 

Offline Gotboobs

• Posting Member
Was she referring to your breast growth or the fact that wedge’s are good for you?

Offline taxmapper

Breast growth. And hormones. 

Offline gotgyne

I have worn multiple versions of arch supports in the past will negative results.

No relief of pain, and in fact caused pain because the arch is non existent, it was like walking around with a rock in my shoe.
Additionally, many versions of arch supports would not allow me to run.

In our house, the "hallway" between the bathroom, the downstairs to kitchen entry and bedroom, the floor sits approximately 1 inch higher than the bedroom. A sill plat at the door sits approximately 1/2 inch higher than the hallway and the floor to the bedroom is 1.5 inches lower than the top of the sill plate.

In 2019 I was standing on the sill plate with my heels (barefoot at that moment) on the sill plate and I was rocking back and forth like an 8 year old. I nearly fell forward and put the pads of my feet on the floor essentially creating a "high heel" condition on my feet where my heels were now sitting 1.5 inches higher than the pads of my toes: to whit I stood for about 10 min. talking to the other half like that.

That was when I realized that the heel of my foot and the pad of my foot was supporting my weight.

There was no weight on my arch, and NO PAIN!!

A short time later I found a pair of women's boots in my size (I have large feet) that had a wide chunky heel and looked like any boots worn by any male.  The heel is lifted by approximately 1 3/4 inches and the end result is NO PAIN!!!

I have been buying wedge style boots and shoes ever since.
Perhaps I should try it too. I wear orthopedic insoles with arch support and a pad under the forefoot since early childhood. If I go only in socks I wear  elastc bandages with a pad to support my forefoot. Without them I'd be in constant pain.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024