Author Topic: 28 years old with no life, all thanks to gyno  (Read 34624 times)

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Hi John,

I removed them.  I would put them back up but I just feel now that I shouldn't have to "prove" anything to anyone.  I can e-mail them to you if you wish.  

RLN....

Please, if you would....

My Email addy is  'bambu@rogers.com'

Thanks Dude.....   ;)

John.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2006, 01:02:05 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Worrier

• Gold Member
Ruinedlife , I think a lot of what you have said here will ring home to a lot of people who have been in a similar position to you. But this is a public forum, you may well not agree with what is being said to you but generally everyone means well.
        If you do not agree with what someones said disregard it. Apart from one person on this thread everyone has been respectful to you and tried to help you. I believe you came on here wanting people to support you in your decision to have a breast reduction. and give you advice .This is what has happened . People on here are from all walks of life and have different situations. So of course you will get diverse opinions.
       Anyway I wish you all the best and hope things get sorted for you.

Offline ruinedlifenew

• Posting Member
  • one day this username will change...
Worrier,

Sorry, bro.  This is the single most critical thing in my life; I'm going to be a bit tense and touchy about it after putting my entire life on display for all to see.  One poster elevated those feelings to a whole other level.  It's just not something I need to continue in any form now.

I've made the first step and it's over now.  I got the information and support I needed and I'm very grateful for that!  Woop!  The next step is talking to physical people about it, hehe.   :)

Offline kev

• Bronze Member
  • Hey - my face is up HERE!  Talk to ME.
Ruinedlife you did a very brave thing in coming to this board and laying out your experiences and how you feel - it is a really difficult thing to do - particularly when gyne makes a person feel so isolated.

A big first step.

I hope you hang around - this is a great place to come (don't worry about the odd troll/psycho whatever, no way you can keep 'em out as said above it is a public board).

Please let us know how you get on.

kev
Bilateral Excision April 1994; Revision September 1999.

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
congrats on getting this  "off your chest" mate.

goodluck with whatever action plan you choose.
... and the saga continues

Offline Preds

• Silver Member

The nearest a woman can come to this condition would be to have a beard or moustache- significantly.

Try and find me a women with significant moustache or beard growth who is  not significantly psychologically affected, a woman who has had her gender brought into question by such a condition.

You see these women suffer in a similar way.

[/quote]

Great point and reference!
Post surgery
Got my shirt off right now!!!!! lol

Offline Drastic99

• Posting Member
Ruined,

Check out my reply to you. It wasn't an attack post. I DO completely understand how you feel. But I also know your personality type as it stand out since I have that same one.

I would still have the surgery because this is obviously affect you a ton.

BUT, and please bear this in mind, I think while them being helped will help, I don't think you will get a result which may satisfy you. I mean, I could be wrong, and the doctor will make it perfect to your liking but I don't think this will happen. You will worry about if he took out enough, if he did a bad job etc... I'm pretty sure of this. I hope I'm wrong though.

Also, if all goes well, I don't think you will be home free. Other things in life will affect you either now or in the future like going bald, like gaining weight like worrying about the gyne returning and all of these things.

Just my opinion. But this is how I truly feel.

Good luck with the surgery.

Offline mrfantastic5

• Bronze Member
Ruined,

Check out my reply to you. It wasn't an attack post. I DO completely understand how you feel. But I also know your personality type as it stand out since I have that same one.

I would still have the surgery because this is obviously affect you a ton.

BUT, and please bear this in mind, I think while them being helped will help, I don't think you will get a result which may satisfy you. I mean, I could be wrong, and the doctor will make it perfect to your liking but I don't think this will happen. You will worry about if he took out enough, if he did a bad job etc... I'm pretty sure of this. I hope I'm wrong though.

Also, if all goes well, I don't think you will be home free. Other things in life will affect you either now or in the future like going bald, like gaining weight like worrying about the gyne returning and all of these things.

Just my opinion. But this is how I truly feel.

Good luck with the surgery.

nice euphamistic comment to exactly what i was trying to say.

Offline mrfantastic5

• Bronze Member
and anyway.  To all the people who are saying i'm projecting here..

100% dead right.

having the condition is having the condition.  When i was younger my case was a lot worse.  Yes by the time i was 16-17, i grew and it got a lot better for me.  

but being 12-13 i always would hunch my back and basically try to hide the fact that i had boobs.  I got picked on occasionaly in the locker room.  I mean it wasn't torment in school or anything, but just a few random comments i got that bothered me.

Hearing ruinedlife's story just really upset me.  I am honestly just mad that gyno did this to this individual.  I'm more upset at ruinedlife for him feeling this way about this.  I don't know how to really explain it.  A good analogy i can use is having a friend who always gets upset that her other friend (mind you these are both girls) always gets more attention from guys.  This girl is obviously worse looking than the other girl, and constantly cries and stresses out.  This is a 20 year old girl who gets upset that her friend is simply better looking than her.  I feel this... And again i'm sure 99% of u will disagree, is exactly the situation here.  Ruinedlife is upset that his body is not like other peoples.  Yes he has gyno, he's overweight... But comon.  The bototm line is his case isn't THAT horrendous, and if he got to lower bodyfat i doubt he would even need surgery.

I knew from the begining that this guy was probably overweight, and was not satisfied with his appearence in general, and blaming gyno too much.

Sorry, i just think this individual... and as callous as this sounds... SImply is pissed off he was teased and mocked because of aesthetics.  Fat people have boobs.  All fat people have boobs.  Somone fat and doesn't have 0 breast tissue will have boobs.  Those people will get teased 2.  No gyno, still teasing.  THey will probably get teased about their boobs.. again, no gyno, but still they will get teased about their boobs.  MAles get fat on their chests.  IT's plain and simple.

So let's say a person gets teased(like all fat kids growing up do)...  Who has no gyno.  They feel exactly like ruined life.  They think their lives are ruined, except they don't have gyno to blame for it.  They blame the fact that they are fat.  They feel 100000% like ruinedlife.  

?? like is anyone getting what i'm trying to say

making any sense yet?

Offline kev

• Bronze Member
  • Hey - my face is up HERE!  Talk to ME.
>>>making any sense yet?

I am not on this board to make sense of your opinions/ramblings.

And I am ignoring you from now on.

kev

Offline Worrier

• Gold Member
'making any sense yet'

no mate I must be feeling really thick today...... :-/  

« Last Edit: January 08, 2006, 06:45:24 AM by Worrier »

Offline unisys

• Bronze Member
and anyway.  To all the people who are saying i'm projecting here..

100% dead right.

You are a crazy rich 20 year old kid who obviously has BDD.  Stop trying to save face by acting nice after all that you've said and done.  You have no idea what gynecomastia even is, so I suggest you just leave this forum because you obviously have nothing worthwhile to add to this discussion.  

You have major psychological issues that should be taken care of before you start giving advice to other people.  You spent thousands on surgery when there was absolutely NO problem with you at all.  It's unethical for any doctor to operate on someone like you, and I would recommend everyone stay away from your doctor.

Offline Hypo-is-here

There is a certain type of person on this board that has the misguided view that unless a man is in perfect physical shape, the gynecomastia is weight related.

Wake up guys this is plain rubbish.

There are many, many, many men in this world who are overweight and yet relatively few of them have a chest that is out of proportion/larger than their stomach- VERY few.

Yet we have guys who post pics on this site and just because they do not have the physique of an olympic athlete, we hear these misguided and preposterous comments.

The fact is this man has gynecomastia, a bloody obvious and significant case of it and it has bugger all to do with his weight.

Now is he in perfect shape?

No.

Is this the issue?

No.

I don't recall seeing that written on the door when I came in ;) I don't recall this being at fitness/bodybuilding site.

In fact you know why I don't recall that?

Because it bloody well isn't one that is why!!!!!

This is a gynecomastia support site.

The guy has gynecomastia.

He wants support.

So have a great big leap in the dark here and guess what we should do ::)

Support him maybe :o

Support the guy or and I do mean this in the nicest possible way;   Feck off!!!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
There is a certain type of person on this board that has the misguided view that unless a man is in perfect physical shape, the gynecomastia is weight related.

That is the misconception that the majority of the 'looks is most important' society that we live in has.  :-/

In Charles Huang's gynecomastia documentary, you can see that misconception in action. One older gentleman says this of the Gyne sufferer: "Well I would think that he has been eating too much". A woman responded "maybe he should do some pectorial exercises".

Wake up guys this is plain rubbish.

There are many, many, many men in this world who are overweight and yet relatively few of them have a chest that is out of proportion/larger than their stomach- VERY few.

Yet we have guys who post pics on this site and just because they do not have the physique of an olympic athlete, we hear these misguided and preposterous comments.

The fact is this man has gynecomastia, a bloody obvious and significant case of it and it has bugger all to do with his weight.

Now is he in perfect shape?

No.

Is this the issue?

No.

I don't recall seeing that written on the door when I came in ;) I don't recall this being at fitness/bodybuilding site.

In fact you know why I don't recall that?

Because it bloody well isn't one that is why!!!!!

This is a gynecomastia support site.

The guy has gynecomastia.

He wants support.

So have a great big leap in the dark here and guess what we should do ::)

Support him maybe :o

Support the guy or and I do mean this in the nicest possible way;   Feck off!!!

Well said Hypo!  ;)

John.

Offline ruinedlifenew

• Posting Member
  • one day this username will change...
... and it still continues?  Damn, wish I could really stay away from this thread, hehe.

Everyone, just ignore Skeletor.  His arguments are transparent, he ignores what's been said, all to 'win' in a manner he deems adequate.  He still refuses to communicate with me directly and would rather continue his passive aggressive attacks in the 3rd person.  Buddy, your ass would be smoked long ago if you played this game with someone in person.  You need to watch your mouth in life, Sticks.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2006, 01:51:13 PM by ruinedlifenew »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024