Author Topic: Fielding compression?  (Read 3007 times)

Offline Tim_Hortons_Coffee

• Bronze Member
  • Chilli Deal
Yet another thing I haven't addressed before my second operation...I'm not sure what type of compression Dr Fielding recommends for his patients. I am going to pick something up in Toronto after my surgery but I'm not sure what would be best quite yet...

Grandpa Bambu I noticed you had a tensor wrap on, did you use that the whole time? Or did you ever purchase a vest? I would love to hear others' experiences as well.

Oh, and if Fielding does recommend a vest, which type would you lads recommend? I had an underworks vest after my last surgery. I didn't like the model (it stretched down to my hips, too long) but it was at least functional. Are they still the top company for value these days?

Thanks in advance.
May ye' spend half an hour in Heaven before the devil knows you're dead.

Offline usernameX

• Gold Member
Im not sure ive ever even heard of another company that makes compression vests for gynecomastia. From what I heard on the site the regular tensor wraps you find on the site arent as good as the compression vests.
Had surgery with Dr. J.C. Fielding on August 2nd.

Offline 3cheers

• Posting Member
Here's what you do. Cut the a little bit off the bottom so it doesnt go down below your hips. Put on the compression shirt like a dress -  put your leg throught the neck hole and pull it up.  And what I did to stop the my compression shirt from digging into my arm pits is I cut about half inch slit where it was digging in.
I found the wrap around vest to be kinda of heavy and I was constantly tugging it up -  like a damn bra. ;D ;D

I got it from Underworks.

lator skators
3cheers :P

Offline rocketrob

• Silver Member
  • GYNO IS A BIATCH!
You should receive a free vest after surgery,,, I did anyways... not sure if Fielding does?  But my bet is he will provide one

Offline usernameX

• Gold Member
No I just had surgery recently with Fielding. I wasnt given a vest. But at the same time he was aware I had been using them post op to compress my chest so im not excatly sure.

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
from what i understood at my consultation with Fielding, he gives a wrap. although it seems pretty uncomfortable and i'm not sure the compression is even. so i bought a compression vest at make me heal (the banner at the top og the site). i should receive it thursday when i come back from Toronto...
surgery did not work...:-(
Dr. Fielding (TO - Ontario : 416.766.8890) on august 9th, 2006 and revision on september 21st, 2007

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
Hi Brebguy:

From where did you purchase the compression belt? And how much it cost?

Also, anyone who has it, please help us finding one with the price.

Thx.
Surgery done on Sept 6th, 2006 with Dr. Fielding - Toronto. Not 100% cured but will get there for sure !!!
----------------------------------------------------

Revision done on December 7th, 2007. Let's hope for best !!!
-------------------------------------------

Dr. Fielding
Suite #401, 2425 Bloor Street West, Toronto

Tel: 416.766.88

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
hey give me life, i got my compression vest from "Make me heal".
Look at the banner at the top of this page. its either "make me heal" or "under works" but its "make me heal" most of the times.
mine was 53.95 + shipping. shipping costs a fortune for canada but i think it was still worth it... (i might be mistaken though) it was 90 $ all in all. it will be shipped in two days. the people there were very nice. they speak many languages and call you back very quickly if you leave a message.

you can also go to underworks and samis closet. dont remember the address but you can google it with gynecomastia and should end up on the page with the compressions vests and shirt.

i didnt get a chance to talk to fielding about it because the office was closed. i still bought it i dont really trust the compression wrap i've seen on some pics and this vest really looked like it would give me a good compression and reduce chances of hematomas or anything that is not suppose to be there. besides, i'll still be able to use the wrap when i need to wash the west and all.

there are two other vests at "make me heal" for 99$ and one at 120 or 130 but i like the one at 53 for the adjustable  straps on othe shoulders, its length and the two rows of hooks (you know... like a woman bra  :-/) . the ones i saw at underworks or under armour looked like very basic under shirts or sport shirts (i know they are not basic under shirts but i trust mine a lot more).

so there... give me life if you get a chance talk to Fielding before you get yours. i'll tell him what i got and i'll let you guys know what he thinks.

aiight leaving tonight for toronto for my suregery tomorrow morning... take care guys and wish me luck  ;D
« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 09:55:06 AM by brebguy »

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
All the best for big day tommorow. As said, stay calm and not to worry. Everything will be fine.

Also, show him the belt what you got and get his opinion. That way myself and others can follow the advise.

Once again, all the best. And keep us posted after surgery experience.

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
hey man...thanks a lot for the encouragment...
i'm all done now  ;D ... and back in Montreal. had surgery yesterday afternoon and feeling very good... ill post some  post op comments...

i dont really like the wrap we get after surgery... i still dont trust it... only problem is i didnt get a chance to talk to Fielding :-/
that was my only dissapointment Fielding was suppose to see me the day after surgery but i only saw two interns so i didnt get the chance to ask any questions. plus Fielding's office is closed until august 15th so not sure what to do yet with the compression vest...
should i remove the wrap and put my vest on... should i put the vest over the foam pads (i have two foam pads sticking to my chest) or should i keep the wrap until i remove the pads... i have no idea...

if anybody has an idea...
« Last Edit: August 11, 2006, 09:45:26 AM by brebguy »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024